MDR Tips and Tricks

You may want to tell the servers in case they don't know yet. Last year we sailed with someone that was allergic to onions and they went through the menu every night so she could choose something for the next night. They are really good about helping people with food allergies and restrictions.

Oh I didnt know that we could order Mickey bars at the MDR. I've never ever had one, so I will definitely have one on our cruise. If we have had it noted on our reservation that my DH is gluten free, will we need to remind them again on the first night??

You can ask for no sauce. They will definitely try to accommodate requests. I am a picky eater and ask them to modify things all the time. Lol

Thank you so much Okay so another question If I see something on the menu Example: Caramelized Sea Scallops With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction Is it rude to ask for no glaze and say lemon butter instead and no tomatoes or pasta made a side of mashed potatoes or something instead??? That's pretty much how I order at restaurants at home. I find something and then just change the sauce (or remove it and eat it plain) I don't want to be horribly difficult and come across rude.....not sure the cruise etiquette

Thank you so much

Okay so another question
If I see something on the menu

Example:
Caramelized Sea Scallops
With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction
Is it rude to ask for no glaze and say lemon butter instead and no tomatoes or pasta made a side of mashed potatoes or something instead???

That's pretty much how I order at restaurants at home. I find something and then just change the sauce (or remove it and eat it plain)

I don't want to be horribly difficult and come across rude.....not sure the cruise etiquette

This is not a problem at all and they won't bat an eye at the request. There was one night I ordered one of the entrees with the sides from 2 of the other dishes. They didn't even act like it was a big deal. I have also ordered the entree from the kid's menu with sides from the adult menu. No problems there. There was even an adult at the next table that had all of her adult dinners served on a divided kid's plate because she didn't like her food to touch or mix.

They are used to special requests. As long as the kitchen can physically accommodate what you want, they will make it.

Thank you so much

Okay so another question
If I see something on the menu

Example:
Caramelized Sea Scallops
With Roasted Asparagus, Sun-dried Tomatoes, and Pearl Pasta, garnished with Caramelized Leeks and Veal Jus Reduction
Is it rude to ask for no glaze and say lemon butter instead and no tomatoes or pasta made a side of mashed potatoes or something instead???

That's pretty much how I order at restaurants at home. I find something and then just change the sauce (or remove it and eat it plain)

I don't want to be horribly difficult and come across rude.....not sure the cruise etiquette

It is definitely not rude. You can ask "Would it be possible for ...." and they will either immediately answer that it will be no problem or they will go check with the kitchen to see if there is a reason that particular dish can't be altered. Even if they can't accommodate that particular request, asking will help them assist you in finding a combination that you'll enjoy.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter