May 2017 Car Rental Thread

I didn't use the $25 off code because it didn't change the rate in the end. It said $25 off but the rate was the same as just using the AP or Orlando Magicard code. The base rate changes with different codes but when all fees and taxes were added in the rate was the same. :confused3 I'll check for more codes when I get closer, there will probably be new Alamo codes out by then to replace the ones that expire in April. I always check first without logging in and not using any codes to see what the rate is...then start using different codes and coupons to know what the discount really is.

Does MCO have only one SUV aisle with Midsize, Standard, and Full Size SUV all in the same aisle? I seem to think that is how it was set up on our trip last May but IDK. Last May I was able to snag a Nissan Pathfinder 7 seater for the Standard SUV price.

Prices dropped by hundreds of dollars for me from when I first looked a couple of weeks ago so I went ahead and booked.

Standard SUV May 6th - May 16th
1 week + 3 days
Picking up at MCO, Dropping off at RSW
Costco 7014627
Coupon Code AD3868JST (did take $25 off my SUV)
Total Price $408.XX

Hoping for lower but I can live with this.

No change in my rental for May 6th-16th but my Southwest fare dropped $36 per person x 4. :-)

Hey folks...just rebooked my May 17-22 reservation at Alamo and got my rate down to $94.15 for a compact. Used the AP code, AD3868JST $25 coupon and the AS1 Product Code. Just a couple of weeks ago the best rate I could get was over $160, so some nice rate drops going on!

Remember to play around with your pick up/drop off times as well...it can actually save you a few bucks sometimes.

I reduced mine also:

May 17-22
Alamo Compact
Costco + $25 off specialty (AD3868JST)
$104 base (was $126), $118 total (was $141)

This seems different: is anyone else seeing that the total Alamo shows as your making the reservation less than what it winds up when you finish booking? I thought it used to show the same, but its off by roughly the sales tax, but not exactly.

I reduced mine also:

May 17-22
Alamo Compact
Costco + $25 off specialty (AD3868JST)
$104 base (was $126), $118 total (was $141)

This seems different: is anyone else seeing that the total Alamo shows as your making the reservation less than what it winds up when you finish booking? I thought it used to show the same, but its off by roughly the sales tax, but not exactly.

Nope, just checked mine and it came out to be the exact same price after booking. Are you an Alamo Insider? If so try adding AS1 in the Product Code field with your Costco code and AD3868JST coupon...should bring your rate down to around $100 total.

Nope, just checked mine and it came out to be the exact same price after booking. Are you an Alamo Insider? If so try adding AS1 in the Product Code field with your Costco code and AD3868JST coupon...should bring your rate down to around $100 total.

I don't see how you are able to add the AS1 product code. Last year, we were able to do that, but about mid November [maybe earlier] it became an invalid product code. I am an Alamo Insider and either logged in or out, it always states AS1 is not a valid product code. :confused3

I don't see how you are able to add the AS1 product code. Last year, we were able to do that, but about mid November [maybe earlier] it became an invalid product code. I am an Alamo Insider and either logged in or out, it always states AS1 is not a valid product code. :confused3

Same here, until I tried it this morning. Seems to be working again, at least for me.

Thanks for that suggestion and I did try it earlier (and just did again). I signed in as an Insider and did Costco and the AD3868JST, along with AS1. It won't let me use the AS1 and I get the results I got earlier. Also tried with the AP code, since I can use that, but it still didn't like AS1. I'm still reasonably happy at $118, but I'll play around a bit more (and a lot more when the date gets closer)

Same here, until I tried it this morning. Seems to be working again, at least for me.

You're just living better than me, I guess. :love1: Thanks for keeping us updated.

I am currently sitting at $165. total from 05/26 - 06/04 fullsize using AD3868JST and AP code with Alamo. I think that's a pretty decent rate. :cutie:

Mine came down $20 Alamo Standard for $154 with the AP code. :yay: I had to change from full size to standard but since they are both in the same aisle I just choose whichever one is less.

Mine came down $20 Alamo Standard for $154 with the AP code. :yay: I had to change from full size to standard but since they are both in the same aisle I just choose whichever one is less.

I am still trying to figure out if all the SUVs (midsize, standard, and full) are in the same aisle at MCO? I am pretty sure last May there was only one SUV aisle but I am not sure if all 3 sizes were in the same aisle. Anyone know? Or if I call will they tell me?

I'm not positive but I think they were seperated mid size and full in August. In the past the mid size SUV's were in the regular full size aisle before it was a separate booking category. It's different every time we go it's hard to keep up.

I'm not positive but I think they were seperated mid size and full in August. In the past the mid size SUV's were in the regular full size aisle before it was a separate booking category. It's different every time we go it's hard to keep up.

I was hoping to save some money buy booking a midsize SUV but I really need at least a standard so I will keep what I have. Thanks for the info.

May 14 for a week, want larger car for drive over from WDW to Port Canaveral. Assume rates will drop a bit between now & then. Rates include surcharge for FF miles.

Alamo-Fullsize/APH Corp Code/$25 coupon = $138

Dollar-Fullsize/thru Ebates -4% rebate/AAA Corp code-free spouse/$163

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter