May 2, 2014 - A WONDERous trip through the Locks WBPC

There isn't a need obviously. I was just curious. I will say there are ways to limit access on google docs that would still allow anyone that has signed up to see the list(s). :)

I really don't know much about Google docs. But As long as it all stays private to the people who've been assigned to a particular group, I'm good. :).

This is the info for my reservation (on DCL website):

"Please allow ample time for all your travel connections. We recommend the following flight-time guidelines:

• Earliest departure time from San Diego International Airport on Debarkation Day: 11:30 a.m."

Thank you for the above, and everyone that shared their thoughts.

I have booked the flights, and decided to go ahead and make the 11:30a flight. If something goes awry we will at least have one more flight that day to hop on.

Getting excited for FE, Candy exchange, and a the longest vacation of my life!

For the parents with young kids that will be in the clubs, I know the exception rather than the norm on the PC cruises, I have been captivated by a great thread from an existing Youth Counselor:

Current Youth Activities Counselor

One of the things I will definitely do is bring some of the latest magazines from land and drop them off on board for the CMs to enjoy. They said they love getting all of the latest gossip, fashion, etc magazines since they are gone to sea for so long. They also enjoy books and share them with each other.

Our boys have loved the counselors, so a little pixie dust is the least we can do to bring a smile to their faces! They never expect it, but greatly appreciate it.

I will also bring some extra candy from the exchange to share with them.

For the parents with young kids that will be in the clubs, I know the exception rather than the norm on the PC cruises, I have been captivated by a great thread from an existing Youth Counselor:

One of the things I will definitely do is bring some of the latest magazines from land and drop them off on board for the CMs to enjoy. They said they love getting all of the latest gossip, fashion, etc magazines since they are gone to sea for so long. They also enjoy books and share them with each other.

Our boys have loved the counselors, so a little pixie dust is the least we can do to bring a smile to their faces! They never expect it, but greatly appreciate it.

A couple of the things the Dis groups have done on some of our cruises was a book and/or magazine exchange. Someone had a big bag hung on the rail outside their door and other members put their used books or magazines in there and maybe took one out to read etc. I remember reading a few American Women's magazines one cruise, and also popped my English ones in the bag. One time the book bag was quite full but was a very well used facility. Can be left with CM's afterwards if they want them too.

WBPC Final Sea Day Luncheon
Bobbiwoz (2)
Dollphingirl47
Jeff Spencer (2)
Pirate Bob (2)
Muushka (2)
Jen Den
ImDMous (2)
WalleandEve (2)
ASchwa

A couple of the things the Dis groups have done on some of our cruises was a book and/or magazine exchange. Someone had a big bag hung on the rail outside their door and other members put their used books or magazines in there and maybe took one out to read etc. I remember reading a few American Women's magazines one cruise, and also popped my English ones in the bag. One time the book bag was quite full but was a very well used facility. Can be left with CM's afterwards if they want them too.

I am sure the CMs would love to get some magazines from their home country. That is a great idea.

For the parents with young kids that will be in the clubs, I know the exception rather than the norm on the PC cruises, I have been captivated by a great thread from an existing Youth Counselor: Current Youth Activities Counselor One of the things I will definitely do is bring some of the latest magazines from land and drop them off on board for the CMs to enjoy. They said they love getting all of the latest gossip, fashion, etc magazines since they are gone to sea for so long. They also enjoy books and share them with each other. Our boys have loved the counselors, so a little pixie dust is the least we can do to bring a smile to their faces! They never expect it, but greatly appreciate it. I will also bring some extra candy from the exchange to share with them.

I follow this thread too. I'm planning to pass on all my reading material. Something else that was mentioned is Mickey ice cream. I'm planning to order some from room service late in the evening and bring them to club just before they close. :)

We always always bring treats from Hawaii for the Club CMs, Bingo crew, and other bar staff or Guest Services people that help us out. And of course for our servers and stateroom host!

We live in NC now but are from San Diego. The Broadway Pier we'll be arriving at is only about a 10 minute cab ride for about $10 or bus route 992 picks up across the street every 30 minutes. $2.25 fare per person with exact change and it takes you right to either terminal in about the same time. 11:30 flights should be fine for early departures. We've always been able to get off the ship in a very timely manner. Got off a 7 day eastern Caribbean once and was in line to get in the parks when they opened at 9am after driving our vehicle back from the dock to WDW. Quick and efficient offload.

If you're needing a rental car in San Diego, we took advantage of the suggestion of going thru Costco and reserved a full size vehicle for one night at only $33/day including taxes with Budget.

I'll be taking a few magazines with me I'll leave for the CM's if they want them but found on the EBTA 3 years ago most passengers reading books had some form of tablet. With many more in use now than what was out three years ago, it will be interesting to see how many still haul books on or have them loaded in their iPad type devices.

Countdown to departure: 10 weeks from today!!

Bobbiwoz (2)
Dollphingirl47
Jeff Spencer (2)
Pirate Bob (2)
Muushka (2)
Jen Den
ImDMous (2)
WalleandEve (2)
ASchwa

The form requesting space in the dining room for this luncheon will be sent to Disney CL on April 1st. They are requesting the number of adults and children.
Bobbi:)

Bobbiwoz (2)
Dollphingirl47
Jeff Spencer (2)
Pirate Bob (2)
Muushka (2)
Jen Den
ImDMous (2)
WalleandEve (2)
ASchwa

The form requesting space in the dining room for this luncheon will be sent to Disney CL on April 1st. They are requesting the number of adults and children.
Bobbi:)

Just one adult here.

Corinna

2 adults unless they mean mentally.pirate:

In the list, I have what I think is the number of adults if it is more than 1 for each Disboard name. If there are any corrections, let me know!

I primarily want to be sure to let people know there is a deadline. Please let me know by March 31!:goodvibes

What is the earliest that people will start packing for the cruise?

We have started to gather sun tan lotion, etc and put it in a dedicated area. But I am getting so excited I am already thinking about which clothes I'll bring.

Anyone else a planner?

What is the earliest that people will start packing for the cruise?

We have started to gather sun tan lotion, etc and put it in a dedicated area. But I am getting so excited I am already thinking about which clothes I'll bring.

Anyone else a planner?

Boy, you are good! Not us, but we have a road trip next month. We are bringing our son much stuff that he left in our house and which we must clear out as we hope to move by the end of this year.

THAT is what we are packing for! We are stopping by Graceland en route to his home in Houston.

We are stopping by Graceland en route to his home in Houston.

Bobbi,

You are coming by Houston at a great time, as the rodeo is in town the first three weeks of March. We enjoy seeing all of the cowboys in town since we are newcomers.

Small world! Where does your son live? A good place to have a career. One out of every three jobs created last year where in TX!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter