Masks back on the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It usually covers sickness of any kind, as long as a doctor certifies that actually happened when you said it did.
In reality though people aren’t going to cancel because of minor illness. Getting into a doctor for a cold I can imagine isn’t that easy.

Would trip insurance even cover a cold or a flu?
For the insurance that we have purchased for a cruise, an illness is covered if a doctor writes a letter that you were too sick to travel or continue your vacation—so flu, norovirus, migraine, anything that affects your ability to physically go, would be covered.Typically pregnancy related issues or mental health issues are not covered.

Things like open beds in hospitals can change hour to hour and absolutely city by city, town to town, etc, I'm not sure what you were hoping to gain by calling the hospital and asking. That info could have been days or even weeks old by the time they heard of it as it was info from a friend of a friend. Being unmasked for a photo op is not surprising. Shortages are/were well covered in the news if you are in an area experiencing them, and wouldn't be if you aren't. :confused3

Here is the one from my neck of the woods:
https://www.opb.org/article/2022/11/23/oregon-hospitals-pediatric-beds-shortage-rsv-mental-health/

At the end of the day, if DCL has decided to have their CM mask again then it is what it is. I'm glad the info was shared so folks know what to expect on board, and expect it will quietly go away as quickly as it came once whatever reason they went back to it is resolved.
So verifying that information true and accurate is a bad thing…? Also if a children’s hospital is overwhelmed you don’t celebrate unmasked with a cake.

I believe they're trying to stop any abuse of "I'm sick" and not having to show any proof.

And we know it happens. There was a thread earlier this week where a poster had to cancel (without insurance) due to a family emergency.

People told her to call Disney and tell them they were exposed to COVID.

And we know it happens. There was a thread earlier this week where a poster had to cancel (without insurance) due to a family emergency.

People told her to call Disney and tell them they were exposed to COVID.
And that’s why they werent going to keep this policy. Too easy to abuse. Shy would anyone buy travel insurance when they can just say I was exposed to covid and get a full refund?

So verifying that information true and accurate is a bad thing…? Also if a children’s hospital is overwhelmed you don’t celebrate unmasked with a cake.
Before Covid healthcare workers did not mask at work. They only masked in a patients room that were on droplet precautions. I don’t know what the particular rules are post Covid for this particular hospital but I can’t imagine wearing a mask for a photo op would be required.

Like Aqua dame said bed availability changes by the hour.

To your point though hospitals can run out of beds anytime of day any day of the year. The media tends to act like it’s some great anomaly when a hospital is at full capacity. Actually it’s the daily norm in many big cities.

And that’s why they werent going to keep this policy. Too easy to abuse. Shy would anyone buy travel insurance when they can just say I was exposed to covid and get a full refund?
You still should have some type of medical insurance to cover you if you have a medical emergency on the ship. Medical insurance is quite a bit cheaper than comprehensive. My credit card will cover cancellation so that is usually all I buy.

You still should have some type of medical insurance to cover you if you have a medical emergency on the ship. Medical insurance is quite a bit cheaper than comprehensive. My credit card will cover cancellation so that is usually all I buy.
Oh I agree. But I think some people just buy travel insurance to get money back for cancellation, lost luggage, etc. If they don’t think they will cancel their trip they don’t see the need to have it. But medical coverage, especially if you ever God forbid have to have medical transport back to the US, is a big component

Before Covid healthcare workers did not mask at work. They only masked in a patients room that were on droplet precautions. I don’t know what the particular rules are post Covid for this particular hospital but I can’t imagine wearing a mask for a photo op would be required.

To your point though hospitals can run out of beds anytime of day any day of the year. The media tends to act like it’s some great anomaly when a hospital is at full capacity. Actually it’s the daily norm in many big cities.
Masks are still required in all California Medical Facilities. So it just depends.

Plus people are forgetting they have contingency plans incase they do run out, its rarely the entire hospital that runs out also.

Hospitals want to operate close to capacity as is, empty bed means no income for that bed.

Cruising protocols are still subject to change from day to day, so in the case of this forum, if you are cruising, be prepared for anything.
Like I said previously with any major policy change and masks would be a huge one, DCL has allowed cancellations. Keep in mind it's been almost a year since masks have been required. It's not something that has changed from day to day.

I have no problem with cruise lines requiring masks every RSV\flu season, but I and most other people won't cruise in the Winter if that's the case.

Like I said previously with any major policy change and masks would be a huge one, DCL has allowed cancellations. Keep in mind it's been almost a year since masks have been required. It's not something that has changed from day to day.

I have no problem with cruise lines requiring masks every RSV\flu season, but I and most other people won't cruise in the Winter if that's the case.
Every cruise line is different. Disney is leading the way on returning to the in person muster drills. Other lines certainly have been quicker to bring masks back.

Cruising protocols are still subject to change from day to day, so in the case of this forum, if you are cruising, be prepared for anything.

Not too worried about it changing for cruises going out of Florida, and if it does they will likely give people a window to cancel. Won't do any cruise that requires masks or has too many restrictions. Next cruise is sept 2023, so really not worried.

Every cruise line is different. Disney is leading the way on returning to the in person muster drills. Other lines certainly have been quicker to bring masks back.
No line out of of the US right now is requiring Masks for guests. Yes ones out of Australia are but seeing we are nowhere near there, not worried and Australia still has tons of restrictions as is.

No line out of of the US right now is requiring Masks for guests. Yes ones out of Australia are but seeing we are nowhere near there, not worried and Australia still has tons of restrictions as is.
NCL was requiring them on one of their trans-Atlantic cruises back in October, and that changed literally when passengers got on the ship.

CORRECTION: It was HAL, the Rotterdam and it was in November.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter