Masks back on the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

epcotrulz

DIS Veteran
Just got on the Dream and crew is wearing masks … don’t know if anything else is going to be impacted?

While I know it's not the case with the Dream I know cruise ships with stops in Australia are required to wear masks both crew and passengers at the moment. And the company we have a cruise with next year the crew just were allowed to stop wearing masks quite recently (although for Australia those are back on as being required).

ETA: and looking at the FB pages the cruise company we'll be going on the captain may reinstate mask requirements for crew for covid cases although I do not know the threshold I just saw a poster mention they were recently on a ship that mid-way through crew were required to wear masks again. I'd imagine cruise companies including Disney probably does the same but their threshold for numbers varying.

Last edited:
Have the crew been allowed to go without masks at any time during the past year?

On our 3 cruises this past year (March, June and September) on 3 different ships, the crew were required to wear masks. Many did not like it and it was hard understanding sometimes. I had not heard that DCL changed the mask policy with respect to crew members, mask optional has been only for guests as far as I know.

Have the crew been allowed to go without masks at any time during the past year?

On our 3 cruises this past year (March, June and September) on 3 different ships, the crew were required to wear masks. Many did not like it and it was hard understanding sometimes. I had not heard that DCL changed the mask policy with respect to crew members, mask optional has been only for guests as far as I know.
It probably happened after your September cruise. Looks like starting the week of September 20th it became optional for crew.

Like mentioned above, precautions due to the change in vaccine requirements for passengers … sorry for the false alarm! They are hoping it’s just for a few weeks ….

And just because I know some people find this of interest, I had several options to upgrade to concierge … got to the port at 11AM ….

I understand if they are, but I will also be disappointed if this is the case. I board the Dream on Monday and was really looking forward to seeing smiling faces and being able to understand what they are saying without it sounding like a parent talking to a Peanuts character.

We were on the Dream November 8, crew were not wearing, or imshould say, very few

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter