Masks back on the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dell Children's in Austin. A friend of a friend is there now, unfortunately, and they are currently staying in the ER until a bed opens up. Hoping for the best for all these sick little ones.

Unless there is a different Children’s Hospital, I called over this morning to inquire, and they said that they are not overrun and have vacancies should my child have RSV symptoms furthermore, included on their Twitter was a cake cutting ceremony they held in the hospital with personnel unmasked.

Attachments

• EBE24D80-32F8-4D39-BF0A-3E55F9B34896.png
    EBE24D80-32F8-4D39-BF0A-3E55F9B34896.png
    130.2 KB · Views: 19
Obviously I booked already.
I think their advice was more geared towards in general and for the second poster mentioning updated information for the future with the policy adjustment, unless you don't plan on booking another cruise. No one knows what protocols will be in place which circles back to the first poster's advice. Some people though are not concerned about lost monies.

I think their advice was more geared towards in general and for the second poster mentioning updated information for the future with the policy adjustment, unless you don't plan on booking another cruise. No one knows what protocols will be in place which circles back to the first poster's advice. Some people though are not concerned about lost monies.
I’m not really concerned about protocols coming back unless their objective is too lose money. Cruise lines have seen a big uptick in bookings since everything was dropped. Why would they go backward?

I’m not really concerned about protocols coming back unless their objective is too lose money. Cruise lines have seen a big uptick in bookings since everything was dropped. Why would they go backward?

Fully agree.

I'm just trying to say that's what the posters responding to you are talking about. It's been talked about for a long time on the Boards to not count on the covid policy in place because at any point in time it can be changed or revoked entirely.

As far as going backward Carnival company (includes more than just Carnival) for Australia and New Zealand routes requires masks for passengers at the moment, routes all over the world may be subject at any point in time for adjustments in their protocols either by a cruise company or the port/government, it is a risk we all take. ETA: and it was mid-cruise for at least one Seabourn ship several weeks ago where they were in New Zealand waters headed towards Australia (this was at the end of a 65 day world cruise) the next day

The uncertainty is out there in terms of what a cruise company may choose to do and that's all the initial poster was trying to get across. And now there has been a recent change in so much that your point of "well I'll just cancel for covid symptoms" is no longer valid for bookings after the December date for DCL which was bringing in my comment about future bookings.

You ultimately choose what you want to do, no discussion on that aspect of course.

Unless there is a different Children’s Hospital, I called over this morning to inquire, and they said that they are not overrun and have vacancies should my child have RSV symptoms furthermore, included on their Twitter was a cake cutting ceremony they held in the hospital with personnel unmasked.
Things like open beds in hospitals can change hour to hour and absolutely city by city, town to town, etc, I'm not sure what you were hoping to gain by calling the hospital and asking. That info could have been days or even weeks old by the time they heard of it as it was info from a friend of a friend. Being unmasked for a photo op is not surprising. Shortages are/were well covered in the news if you are in an area experiencing them, and wouldn't be if you aren't. :confused3

Here is the one from my neck of the woods:
https://www.opb.org/article/2022/11/23/oregon-hospitals-pediatric-beds-shortage-rsv-mental-health/

At the end of the day, if DCL has decided to have their CM mask again then it is what it is. I'm glad the info was shared so folks know what to expect on board, and expect it will quietly go away as quickly as it came once whatever reason they went back to it is resolved.

I'm just trying to say that's what the posters responding to you are talking about. It's been talked about for a long time on the Boards to not count on the covid policy in place because at any point in time it can be changed or revoked entirely.

As far as going backward Carnival company (includes more than just Carnival) for Australia and New Zealand routes requires masks for passengers at the moment, routes all over the world may be subject at any point in time for adjustments in their protocols either by a cruise company or the port/government, it is a risk we all take. ETA: and it was mid-cruise for at least one Seabourn ship several weeks ago where they were in New Zealand waters headed towards Australia (this was at the end of a 65 day world cruise) the next day

The uncertainty is out there in terms of what a cruise company may choose to do and that's all the initial poster was trying to get across. And now there has been a recent change in so much that your point of "well I'll just cancel for covid symptoms" is no longer valid for bookings after the December date for DCL which was bringing in my comment about future bookings.

You ultimately choose what you want to do, no discussion on that aspect of course.

Its weird though, as I know why they would want to get rid of that, but the other option is " well if you won't help us out, we're coming anyway instead of losing all that money " I have always felt cruises should be one of those items where if you are sick before boarding, they would at least let you change it. It costs them a lot of money for sure though

Its weird though, as I know why they would want to get rid of that, but the other option is " well if you won't help us out, we're coming anyway instead of losing all that money " I have always felt cruises should be one of those items where if you are sick before boarding, they would at least let you change it. It costs them a lot of money for sure though
I believe they're trying to stop any abuse of "I'm sick" and not having to show any proof.

I *think* and this is just my thoughts but having read the comments throughout the various threads there were people who had def. had covid (or symptoms) or a member of their traveling party had or they were recently exposed, etc and then there were people who were not but because of the policy used that as a reasoning for whatever was happening. DCL is tightening the qualifications not only in number of days before boarding (going from 14 down to 10) but also the qualifications for which you qualify for their policy.

I think it's a good move for them to stair-step down their covid policy rather than just abruptly remove it.

I don't think it's about wanting sick people on board though regardless.

Because then people would never buy trip insurance. Too easy to get refunded by saying they are sick.

We can always have covid symptoms and cancel. Throughout this whole ordeal DCL has always given guests the opportunity to cancel for a full refund if they make a policy change. I'm not concerned.
That policy is changing for cruises booked after 12/9/2022. Cancellation will be for covid positive only.

That policy is changing for cruises booked after 12/9/2022. Cancellation will be for covid positive only.
I assume you mean cruises that depart after 12/9 not were booked after 12/9. Unless I miss read your post.

Because then people would never buy trip insurance. Too easy to get refunded by saying they are sick.
Wonder how trip insurance is going to be impacted? The insurance companies could also demand a medical exam and an observed covid test before processing your refund.

I assume you mean cruises that depart after 12/9 not were booked after 12/9. Unless I miss read your post.
The policy says:
If you booked your reservation before December 9, 2022, you can view information about the Flexible Refund Policy here.

I understand this to mean, if you already have a reservation booked prior to Dec 9, your reservation still follows the Flexible Refund Policy.

If you reservation is booked after Dec 9, the new policy is in effect.

Wonder how trip insurance is going to be impacted? The insurance companies could also demand a medical exam and an observed covid test before processing your refund.
I believe that's always a possibility when making a claim for illness.

Your like the third person that’s told me that. Lol I’m aware of all the policies. This isn’t my first rodeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter