Masks back on the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe masks are coming back for crew, not just for Covid but of other viruses going about. Sick is sick and I dont thing we want a server, serving up coughing up a storm because of a cold. I know so many ill right now.. It's crazy.. some covid, but many with the standard cold/flu and they are miserable. I personally have learned in flu season I am masking on my crowded train commute to avoid the other nasty stuff. The other day a woman who was obviously ill, was commuting and hacking up a lung and was obviously miserable. Felt bad for her, she should have been on her couch
Yeah I don’t have a problem with masks coming back if needed. I mean things are going around. We moved our cruises again to April. Hopefully less flu, RSV, Covid etc

Last edited:
We departed the Dream on December 1 with 2 of our 6 in our party including myself with cough, and sore throat. I went to the health center after Castaway Cay day when it opened at 4:30 and got some free generic flu/cough medicine. We noticed more and more people coughing as the cruise went on and just a few people, crew and guests wearing masks. Several in our FB group reported testing positive for flu, RSV, and Covid after returning home.

We departed the Dream on December 1 with 2 of our 6 in our party including myself with cough, and sore throat. I went to the health center after Castaway Cay day when it opened at 4:30 and got some free generic flu/cough medicine. We noticed more and more people coughing as the cruise went on and just a few people, crew and guests wearing masks. Several in our FB group reported testing positive for flu, RSV, and Covid after returning home.

On the wish we just got off of we didn't notice that many people coughing our obviously sick.

Please everyone remember the covid policy is still in place. The boards allow discussion in relation to travel and policies onboard, but request we refrain from debate about those protocols.

Has anyone confirmed compulsory masking of CMs on any of the ships..? It seems like no..?
Dream required masks for cast members on the cruise I got off of earlier today ….

Please everyone remember the covid policy is still in place. The boards allow discussion in relation to travel and policies onboard, but request we refrain from debate about those protocols.

Has anyone confirmed compulsory masking of CMs on any of the ships..? It seems like no..?
I crossed out his name, but A962D58C-0EED-4D9F-8A02-E8F3B842FAA8.jpeg

How do people on the same cruise report totally different things?
Same way people on the same cruise report it was great, or it was the worst cruise ever. Or people just don't pay attention. I know that unless I make a point to look, I don't pay attention in a place how many are wearing masks.

Same way people on the same cruise report it was great, or it was the worst cruise ever. Or people just don't pay attention. I know that unless I make a point to look, I don't pay attention in a place how many are wearing masks.
Crew is either wearing masks or they are not. Peoples opinions on food and service are subjective.

How do people on the same cruise report totally different things?
People are talking about the Wish, Dream,etc. People are talking about "just got off" and "starting this cruise". And it could be that "these crew members" meaning ones in specific roles but not all. Timing and location of the ship, which ship,etc all play a role.

Where exactly are the pediatric beds running out exactly because it was revealed that the news reports this people call the hospitals and they say it isn’t true.
Speaking with my pediatric ICU nurse friends(my old job), it is very bad. So bad in fact, that for the first time ever, they had to rent cribs and double up sick kids. No room at all. This is in the largest pedi ICU in the country. Odd news report being referred to because that city certainly is reporting the truth about how hospitals are managing this huge influx of patients. That would be as best as they can but not perfectly.

Speaking with my pediatric ICU nurse friends(my old job), it is very bad. So bad in fact, that for the first time ever, they had to rent cribs and double up sick kids. No room at all. This is in the largest pedi ICU in the country. Odd news report being referred to because that city certainly is reporting the truth about how hospitals are managing this huge influx of patients. That would be as best as they can but not perfectly.
So scary. :(

As long as the passengers don't need to wear them, I don't care what the crew does. I assume if there is somewhat of a outbreak within the crew, they would do that out of caution, to not lose many members of the crew for down time, which makes sense. Losing crew due to quarantine could cancel entire ship trips. Personally, I'd cancel my trip if they were required for guests. Thousands of dollars to wear a mask is just not for me

Is this only on the dream?
I would recommend not booking any cruises, or purchasing cancel for any reason insurance should you choose to book a cruise. DCL could require passengers to wear masks at any time again in the future. Those who are not comfortable with this possibility should make alternate plans.

I would recommend not booking any cruises, or purchasing cancel for any reason insurance should you choose to book a cruise. DCL could require passengers to wear masks at any time again in the future. Those who are not comfortable with this possibility should make alternate plans.
I’ll wear one if needed even if not needed

We can always have covid symptoms and cancel. Throughout this whole ordeal DCL has always given guests the opportunity to cancel for a full refund if they make a policy change. I'm not concerned.

Where exactly are the pediatric beds running out exactly because it was revealed that the news reports this people call the hospitals and they say it isn’t true.
Dell Children's in Austin. A friend of a friend is there now, unfortunately, and they are currently staying in the ER until a bed opens up. Hoping for the best for all these sick little ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter