Masks back on the Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
No line out of of the US right now is requiring Masks for guests. Yes ones out of Australia are but seeing we are nowhere near there, not worried and Australia still has tons of restrictions as is.
I know people like to think this is something that wouldn't happen here but it's not your decision. It comes down to cruise lines as well as countries and it can be imposed mid-cruise.

Departing from a U.S. city means nothing with respects to protocols on a ship out at sea with respects to this.

I think the original question imposed by the OP was because for some it's been startling to see masks return for crew despite the fact that for some cruise lines and ships they've still been required as recent as October and November. You're going to see more restrictions on crew faster than restrictions on passengers but it doesn't mean it's not possible. Cases on board that cross each cruise line's threshold can also impost guest restrictions irrespective of where a ship is located at. If it makes you (general you) uncomfortable that this could happen it may mean a cruise is not in the cards until a future date.

I know people like to think this is something that wouldn't happen here but it's not your decision. It comes down to cruise lines as well as countries and it can be imposed mid-cruise.

Departing from a U.S. city means nothing with respects to protocols on a ship out at sea with respects to this.

I think the original question imposed by the OP was because for some it's been startling to see masks return for crew despite the fact that for some cruise lines and ships they've still been required as recent as October and November. You're going to see more restrictions on crew faster than restrictions on passengers but it doesn't mean it's not possible. Cases on board that cross each cruise line's threshold can also impost guest restrictions irrespective of where a ship is located at. If it makes you (general you) uncomfortable that this could happen it may mean a cruise is not in the cards until a future date.
Why do you always feel the need to tell people not to cruise? We're all adults here. We can decide for ourselves and make our own decisions based on what we think we'll happen.

Why do you always feel the need to tell people not to cruise? We're all adults here. We can decide for ourselves and make our own decisions based on what we think we'll happen.
I'm not telling people not to cruise.

If you're telling me "it won't happen, nadda, isn't going to happen" or in your case you literally said you won't cruise is masks came back for passengers I and other posters are in a practical sense saying it how it is. I have no vested interest in you or anyone else going on a cruise, but if you're going to take a stance that you won't cruise if xyz comes back and there's literally cruises where this has happen I believe any one would realistically expect to have someone say cruising may not be for you. Just like it was for any destination that had protocols people were concerned about from testing to vaccination to quarantines/isolation. The advice was very standardized and not personal at all.

I'm sorry you're upset at this advice, I just hope it doesn't happen to you, I can only imagine how upsetting that would be to be on a cruise and have it happen :(

I'm not telling people not to cruise.

If you're telling me "it won't happen, nadda, isn't going to happen" or in your case you literally said you won't cruise is masks came back for passengers I and other posters are in a practical sense saying it how it is. I have no vested interest in you or anyone else going on a cruise, but if you're going to take a stance that you won't cruise if xyz comes back and there's literally cruises where this has happen I believe any one would realistically expect to have someone say cruising may not be for you. Just like it was for any destination that had protocols people were concerned about from testing to vaccination to quarantines/isolation. The advice was very standardized and not personal at all.

I'm sorry you're upset at this advice, I just hope it doesn't happen to you, I can only imagine how upsetting that would be to be on a cruise and have it happen :(
I base my plans on the here and now and deal with things as they come up, There's a lot of upsetting things that could happen to me, but cancelling a cruise would not be one of them. Planning a vacation is more of distraction from the real world at this point.

I base my plans on the here and now and deal with things as they come up, There's a lot of upsetting things that could happen to me, but cancelling a cruise would not be one of them. Planning a vacation is more of distraction from the real world at this point.
I've got 3 trips next year all out of the country (well one is in a U.S. territory and was just made last weekend). One of them is a Med cruise the other is Mexico. I totally get planning=distraction. That said I appreciate all the knowledge shared :)

Sometimes people don't have an opportunity to keep up as much with all the changes and others only find out about instances that they wouldn't have thought would happen until they see it on here or elsewhere. Sometimes things that people didn't think would occur have and it's nice when others can chime in with their experiences or thoughts on traveling

This thread is way off-topic and not informative at all. As usual, it has been hijacked by a person that says they don’t do DCL anymore. I am not sure why they need to be posting in this thread.

I was on a cruise when the industry was beginning to shut down because of Covid. It was February 26 through March 2, 2020. We missed a port of call after traveling there, like we could see it, only to find some unexpected ship that wasn’t supposed to be there in our docking space. At the time you had the Australian issue and a ship in New York that was having problems. Rumors begin to circulate about Covid on our ship or possibly the ship that was docked in our place. It was scary.

I’ve been on three cruises since the reopening. One was mask required indoors and on excursions. And they were Covid bubble excursions. One was mask required for employees. And the third was completely no mask.

It’s all about personal risk tolerance. We are heading on a DCL cruise later this month. And I will mask more often than most of the fellow passengers. I really wish everybody else would go “I’m a little bit stuffy this morning maybe it’s allergies but I’ll wear a mask anyway.“ But I can’t force people to do that.

My mother died just over a year ago. Very small funeral. Everybody was family except for my oldest daughter‘s godmother. She thought she had allergies. Otherwise she would not have come. But a little under 24 hours after the funeral she was diagnosed with Covid. She was masked and no one at the funeral and lunch caught Covid.

It makes me sad that something like a mask has become politicized. It’s a protection like washing your hands.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter