Marching into March: Exercise Challenge!

3/1 - 35 minutes walking the dog
3/3 - 61 minutes run/walk/run and walking the dog

96/800

Daaaang - you people are impressive! I was tickled my very first time to shoot for 600, cuz I've never been a regular exerciser and I figured 30 minutes for 20 of the 28 days in Feb. would be a good start.

I'm gonna go with 800 this time and see what happens - y'all were such motivation to me in February. I'm amazed at everyone's dedication, but I must be honest in saying to disneymom2one - you rock! Each time I see one of your posts and think of the amount of work you put in to staying fit and healthy, I am so impressed. :woohoo:

Congrats to everyone for setting goals

and working hard to achieve them.

Well thanks. I feel embarrassed sometimes with my totals and almost didn't join this month but for some reason, this motivates me more than most anything else. I also have to admit that my eating is just okay these days - not nearly what it was when I was losing. I'd like to lose another 10 or 15 pounds but for now with everything we have going on (we're in the middle of a move), maintaining is my goal. I know a lot of you are rocking the weight loss and you have my utmost respect!

I also have to say again that my husband is a huge supporter. For some reason, I don't like "up and backs". I like to walk or run TO somewhere so he often will come pick me up in the next town over. It's a mental thing with me - the idea of running for 8 or 9 miles and ending up at home just is not fun for me.

March 1 - nothing - We had our annual high school math competition (my husband and I both teach math at a community college here). I was busy for two solid days and had zero time to do anything else.

March 2 - Run 8/Walk 2 - 2 hours 22 minutes

Today - Walk - 2 hours 12 minutes

Brings me to: 274/3000

I think I've set myself up for a rough month between the move and a short Spring Break getaway but you all really inspire me. You just have no idea.

Today I did a "snow walk". (That's what I'm calling it anyways!!) It took me 30 minutes to go 1.36 miles all thru some snowy fields. It was much more work than I anticipated!! :rotfl:

110/1000

Hello everyone!

New total 110/620.

Got up before church and hit my gym. It has been so long that I have done that on a Sunday that I was shocked it was closed! Turns out this site does not have 24 hour access either! But I drove to the next one and got 12 min on AMT then alternated Kettlebells while I did leg machines for 28 min. So I salvaged my exercise!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

Cleen

Yesterday:

Strength training and stretching - 20 min

Today

Strength training and stretching - 25 minutes

I'm not counting the physical therapy I'm doing to rehab from Wednesday's knee surgery--somehow, leg lefts that are 6 inches high don't seem like much.

Total:

65/600

144/1400
Another 2.51 miles on the tm. :)

Well thanks. I feel embarrassed sometimes with my totals and almost didn't join this month but for some reason, this motivates me more than most anything else. I also have to admit that my eating is just okay these days - not nearly what it was when I was losing. I'd like to lose another 10 or 15 pounds but for now with everything we have going on (we're in the middle of a move), maintaining is my goal. I know a lot of you are rocking the weight loss and you have my utmost respect!

I also have to say again that my husband is a huge supporter. For some reason, I don't like "up and backs". I like to walk or run TO somewhere so he often will come pick me up in the next town over. It's a mental thing with me - the idea of running for 8 or 9 miles and ending up at home just is not fun for me.
Please don't decide to not post. :) I like cheering everyone on. And you are such a great supporter.

As for the weight loss, I think the hardest thing for me to learn was that my weight is going to go up and down a little and that does not make me a failure. It took a long time to be able to say this. I am about 13 pounds above my lowest (which was right before I went g-f) and I felt really bad about it for a while and it just started to poison everything. I realized just recently, that even if I don't lose another pound, I am healthy, I look good and that is ok. :) Anyhow, I just remember what a "process" it was to believe I really wasn't big and overweight anymore. Took a while for my brain to catch up to my body.:goodvibes

Hey Quicklabs - yay to you for getting on it so quick after surgery - that's dedication! :yay:

Great pic of your pups. When I was driving my daughter to school last week we saw a guy walking two labs. The chocolate was on his leash, but the yellow was walking ahead of the man holding her own leash in her mouth. She would look back every few steps to make sure they were still behind her, but she just looked so pleased to be walking herself! It was the cutest thing I've seen in a long time :goodvibes:goodvibes

Hope you heal quickly!

Today:

Walk: 1 hour 45 minutes

Brings me to: 379/3000

Happy Monday!

3/2 - 100 minute run

Was planning on getting in a 15 miler Saturday. About 6 miles into it, my "good" knee decided it was jealous of the bad one and started acting up. BAD!:scared1: I ended up walking more of the next 5 miles than running. I tried to just grit my teeth and get through running a quarter mile at a time, and the knee almost gave out more than once. By the time I got home, DH was waiting for me and I burst into tears!:sad1: I think the possibility of being able to complete a full marathon just isn't going to happen.:sad2: Now I'm worried because I have a 10k this weekend and a Half at the end of March. Hopefully when I go to PT Tuesday night, the news won't be so bad.:confused3

145/1400

Adding 60 minutes of walking yesterday. Real walking, not on a treadmill, in Manhattan. Beautiful day to walk. Cold, but all snow gone. :wizard:

120/999 total so far.

PlutoBaby said:
3/2 - 100 minute run

Was planning on getting in a 15 miler Saturday. About 6 miles into it, my "good" knee decided it was jealous of the bad one and started acting up. BAD!:scared1: I ended up walking more of the next 5 miles than running. I tried to just grit my teeth and get through running a quarter mile at a time, and the knee almost gave out more than once. By the time I got home, DH was waiting for me and I burst into tears!:sad1: I think the possibility of being able to complete a full marathon just isn't going to happen.:sad2: Now I'm worried because I have a 10k this weekend and a Half at the end of March. Hopefully when I go to PT Tuesday night, the news won't be so bad.:confused3

145/1400

Oh no! I am hoping for the best for you. Don't give up. We are cheering you on towards a better tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter