Marching into March: Exercise Challenge!

I have never done this before, but I would love to join in and give it a try.
I'm going to try for 1,000

Hi everyone! I would love to try this, I need some motivation. I will shoot for 1000 minutes this month. Thanks so much!

Lynda

my goal is low.... i started a new job last month and it really keeps me hopping..... so i am going to try and exercise on days off.... which is 2-3 times a week dependent on week........... 300 minutes..............

They say 3rd time's a charm!!! Will set my goal for March at 999 again:lmao:
Nine is my lucky number:upsidedow

Thanks for the motivation to keep moving. March Madness :cheer2:

I'm in for the first time. Low goal for me, but what I can achieve. 600 minutes.

Im new to this too. Just started back at the gym this week, joining this will be a way of holding myself accountable to going. So im going to shoot for 1500! Good luck everyone!

Go ahead and move my goal up to 1400. Think I'll hit that with both a 10k and a Half this month!:goodvibes

I'm in again! Gonna shoot for 1400 for March!

Ok. I'm in for 800.

I wish I could do 2000 minutes like some of you, but I know my schedule and my body and im still not strong enough to do that! I have to walk a fine line of not re-injuring myself so im going to build up slowly. I'm aiming for 5 workouts a week: 3 or 4 runs and 1-2 cross training days. I'm hoping to run a 10k leg in an upcoming marathon so I really want to make my goal realistic and not push my mileage too high too fast.

Thanks for hosting!
All you can do is what you can do. Being realistic when it comes to exercise is the smart and safe way. There is pushing yourself and then there is overdoing it. :goodvibes There have been months when I could do 2000+ and months when I am lucky to get 1000. It is important to be flexible and listen to your body. Some months are big numbers and some months are smaller numbers, both are good! :)

Great roster starting up already!

I put the last time of update in pink at the top of the first post. If I messed up your name or #, let me know.

Everyone is awesome for having goals that are intentional and achievable! Even if it seems like a low #, either compared to what we were able to do before an injury or compared to someone else, the fact that we are getting up and doing something healthy for our bodies is huge. Every little bit counts and matters.

:thumbsup2
well said! :)

I wanted to also comment on how many people said there goals are small. I totally get where the sentiment is coming from, and there have definitely been times when I could have pushed myself harder, but if you set a realistic goal where you know you will have to work hard, but not overdo it, then that is the right goal for you. We can celebrate each other's successes no matter what the number.:goodvibes

I'm going to give this a whirl for the first time. No time like the present, right? I'll say 700... A good place to start. Maybe. :)

I am trying to start the month off strong, well actually I've been up since 2:45 thinking about work. When I knew I çouldn't turn my brain off and fall back to sleep after an hour and a half, I got up and got on the treadmill for 40 minutes.

40/650

All you can do is what you can do. Being realistic when it comes to exercise is the smart and safe way. There is pushing yourself and then there is overdoing it. :goodvibes There have been months when I could do 2000+ and months when I am lucky to get 1000. It is important to be flexible and listen to your body. Some months are big numbers and some months are smaller numbers, both are good! :)

well said! :)

I wanted to also comment on how many people said there goals are small. I totally get where the sentiment is coming from, and there have definitely been times when I could have pushed myself harder, but if you set a realistic goal where you know you will have to work hard, but not overdo it, then that is the right goal for you. We can celebrate each other's successes no matter what the number.:goodvibes

I couldn't have put it better myself!:cheer2:

Starting off the month with a weight gain (sigh):sad1:, but I did manage to get the butt out of bed and hit the elliptical at 5am :scared:. So let's start with 35 elliptical minutes and 10 for PT exercises. Thinking about a lunchtime walk, but I do have a 15 mile run planned for tomorrow. Still debating...:confused3

45/1400

updated through post #36.

Hey, welcome to all the first-timers! thanks for joining us. Looking forward to hearing from you and your exercise adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter