• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2013 Discounts

Darn it! I just checked Delta and they were over $400.00, I must have missed the good prices. I am willing to pay around $300.00-$320.00. Thanks for sharing when Free Dining started last year, that is what I am hoping for. Maybe I will just book in on Thursday, March 21st, and hope for the best. Is that when you are arriving? Southwest and I am assuming AirTran open at the end of the month, and I would assume Frontier would open around then too, although I am nervous to book with them.

Check out Priceline today. Airtran direct flights for $328 on March 21st. If I would of been patient I could of saved $8 per ticket, had a direct flight, left an hour later and arrived an hour earlier. Oh well I am booked through Delta.

:wizard: Come on Free Dining for my dates.

Check out Priceline today. Airtran direct flights for $328 on March 21st. If I would of been patient I could of saved $8 per ticket, had a direct flight, left an hour later and arrived an hour earlier. Oh well I am booked through Delta.

:wizard: Come on Free Dining for my dates.

Ohhh, thank you! I am so tempted. DH wants to wait unitl SW releases on Monday. He hates paying those baggage fees. But SW doesn't seem to have the greatest schedule flying out of MKE. Airtran has better times and more non-stop flights. I will have to keep at him today. I did notice that Disney is offering that same price of $328.00, however, on the actual Airtran website, prices are $$$$$$$$.

Plus, my mom and DH"s grandma are not in the greatest health, and SW has more flexibility with tickets, in the event we have to reschedule.

Hmmmm.......decisions, decisions.

Ohhh, thank you! I am so tempted. DH wants to wait unitl SW releases on Monday. He hates paying those baggage fees. Bu:):)t SW doesn't seem to have the greatest schedule flying out of MKE. Airtran has better times and more non-stop flights. I will have to keep at him today. I did notice that Disney is offering that same price of $328.00, however, on the actual Airtran website, prices are $$$$$$$$.

Plus, my mom and DH"s grandma are not in the greatest health, and SW has more flexibility with tickets, in the event we have to reschedule.

Hmmmm.......decisions, decisions.

Keep us posted on what you decide. :) Hearing what is going on with all the other March 2013 planners keeps me from constantly worrying about my vacation. I've become a bit obsessive lately :lmao: Last year at this time I was worrying about what dining reservation I was going to make :rotfl2:

I have had my FD the last 2years in a row by now. Gotta make ADRs soon and I hate not having it...grrr!!

:surfweb:

We are going March 17, 2013 for 5 days. Goodness, I hope we all can get free dining for this month! :goodvibes

Just checked AirTran fares for our spring break in March and it is $817 round trip???!!! I have never seen them that high for STL to MCO.

Just checked AirTran fares for our spring break in March and it is $817 round trip???!!! I have never seen them that high for STL to MCO.

I've checked BMI, both Chicagos, and IND, and they're all ridiculous. $459 was the cheapest, but even that is ridiculous to us. We were hoping for more like $300. I think there's no harm in waiting it out a bit.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping it extends to that Thursday as well. I hate waiting.......patience is NOT one of my greatest virtues. :guilty:

Those Facebook dates are the same I saw too, I think it says to March 19th and then picks up again on April 7th.

Just curious what facebook site you found this on? We're going towards the end of March and I would love to follow something on facebook also! Praying hard for free dining!! Our trip is going to be March 27(ish) through April 5! However, with my luck I'm not holding my breath!

I see some of you are commenting on the price of flights. My eyeballs popped out of my head when I saw round trip prices out of GRR!!!! Good thing we just bought a van 'cuz that puppy is going to get broken into fast!

Both current offers from Disney end on September 29th. Does that mean we may have to wait until the end of September for 2013 discounts? :crazy2:

I also found this link that appears to say that Free Dining for UK is all of March.
https://www.facebook.com/complete.orlando1

If that is correct I sure that applies to those of us that live in the US and they release it soon:)

Just curious what facebook site you found this on? We're going towards the end of March and I would love to follow something on facebook also! Praying hard for free dining!! Our trip is going to be March 27(ish) through April 5! However, with my luck I'm not holding my breath!

Here is the link to UK site for Free Dining. Hope that helps.

With all of this talk about high airfare I am so glad I took the leap and bought tickets on delta the day they went on sale months ago. We got round trip Detroit to MCO for $279 each March 28-April 5th. I know people always say wiat for airfare but I have NEVER seen Easter week go down - only up, up, up.

Now if I could just get a good room / package rate I would be all set. I am really hoping for something - FD would be perfect but not expected that week.

We did go Easter week in 2009 and 2010 and we go 4/3 deal and 20% off room so it does happen.

Fingers are crossed.

I see some of you are commenting on the price of flights. My eyeballs popped out of my head when I saw round trip prices out of GRR!!!! Good thing we just bought a van 'cuz that puppy is going to get broken into fast!

we are flying out of GR(about an hr or so from us) in May and our seats were about $425rd trip before checked luggage fees each for 4 adults. no seat upgrades .economy class w/ a layover in Ohare goin down and atlanta coming back(United goin down and Delta coming back). If we fly out of southbend almost same schedule It was to $600 each. so much for a small town airport. We wont go to Ohare by car and fly because we had our suburban stolen from there last time we went to WDW...not a joke !!!! nope trip insurance didnt cover that...:lmao::lmao::sad2::sad2:

These were through priceline in July. was told that prices would be increasing........

we decided not to drive and spend 4 days on the road and losing that time(and energy)......

we are flying out of GR(about an hr or so from us) in May and our seats were about $425rd trip before checked luggage fees each for 4 adults. no seat upgrades .economy class w/ a layover in Ohare goin down and atlanta coming back(United goin down and Delta coming back). If we fly out of southbend almost same schedule It was to $600 each. so much for a small town airport. We wont go to Ohare by car and fly because we had our suburban stolen from there last time we went to WDW...not a joke !!!! nope trip insurance didnt cover that...:lmao::lmao::sad2::sad2:

These were through priceline in July. was told that prices would be increasing........

we decided not to drive and spend 4 days on the road and losing that time(and energy)......

Yup, the price of flights did increase to over $500 a ticket now :confused3! I just checked a day or two ago and figured with our family of 4 we can easily drive to Florida :).

Yikes on your car being stolen. DH has a trip booked out of Ohare in October, and I think I'll just send him on the Amtrak. No way am I driving him up there with two small children in tow.

Thank you! After "surfing" this post I wondered if that was the FB page that was referenced.

Your Welcome! :thumbsup2

So is anyone tempted to book your reservation without knowing of a discount in order to make dining reservations on day 180? I have read I shouldn't because it reduces the chance of discounts coming out and I've read it doesn't effect it and just make a change to my ressie to apply the discount when it comes out.

My 180 is on September 21st and I am REALLY tempted to book in a few weeks if there is no discount. I want to get a few certain dining reservations with the best available times. If there is no free dining then they'll be the only ones I make. I'm just so torn.

Your Welcome! :thumbsup2

So is anyone tempted to book your reservation without knowing of a discount in order to make dining reservations on day 180? I have read I shouldn't because it reduces the chance of discounts coming out and I've read it doesn't effect it and just make a change to my ressie to apply the discount when it comes out.

My 180 is on September 21st and I am REALLY tempted to book in a few weeks if there is no discount. I want to get a few certain dining reservations with the best available times. If there is no free dining then they'll be the only ones I make. I'm just so torn.

I have already booked for March, not so much to get ADRs but just to make sure to get the room I want. If there are no discounts we'll still go but we'll probably downgrade resorts. Really hoping for a good discount!

I have already booked for March, not so much to get ADRs but just to make sure to get the room I want. If there are no discounts we'll still go but we'll probably downgrade resorts. Really hoping for a good discount!

I'd really like to book Cinderella's Royal table for breakfast and Hoop Dee Doo Revue. If we don't get free dining we'll do what we've done in the past (last March was our first sit downs meals ever) and that is breakfast and lunch in our resort room with quick service dining for dinner. I can't justify the price of $2500 for dining for 10 days for my family. A bit too steep for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter