March 2013 Discounts

I'm very new to watching for discounts for rooms since I have DVC but will be at Caribbean Beach Resort the week before Easter.
How do I go about looking for a discount?
Thanks so much!

I usually keep looking at the codes thread.
I also sign up for everything disney, ask for the dvd and PRAY for a pin to come through my email. :thumbsup2

When I booked my AP package (right now rack rate and dining plan) said to expect the AP rates for March to be out December or January. I thought it was nice of her to mention this without my asking but I sure hope they come out before then. I'm not much of the patient sort :)

StrwLady said:
When I booked my AP package (right now rack rate and dining plan) said to expect the AP rates for March to be out December or January. I thought it was nice of her to mention this without my asking but I sure hope they come out before then. I'm not much of the patient sort :)

Thanks for sharing that information!!!

If I book for March now and pay a down payment, and a deal pops up in November, could I call and still get the deal applied and the rate reduced?

If I book for March now and pay a down payment, and a deal pops up in November, could I call and still get the deal applied and the rate reduced?

Yes! :thumbsup2
I went ahead and booked room, tickets and dining plan and paid the $200.00 deposit, now I'm impatiently ;) waiting for a room discount or free dining to be announced.

Time is going by so SLOWLY waiting for some type of discount :sad2:. I am booking a few ADRs next Friday when my window opens up since I know the week before Easter is going to be busy. I keep searching to see if there are rumors on other nonDis forums and see nothing. Keep hoping pixiedust:.

Same here..booked for march and made some of our ADRs at our 180 day window so we will get them at the times we wanted but really really going nuts waiting for any little crumb of info on free dining or even room discount. I too have looked on other boards and searched for any rumors but nothing out there. I am pretty sure we won't see anything until oct 1st but it's just so hard to wait. :worried:
We are going anyway free dining or not but it will make a big difference in where we eat. If October comes and still no offers ...:faint:

We'll be arriving at Disney on 3/8 and checking out on the 16th because of a cheer competition that my daughter is competing in on the 9th & 10th. I haven't yet booked my reservation but have made all of my ADRs and am PRAYING that they come up with at least a room discount so I can keep all of our plans. I don't mind paying for dining if we get a discount, but obviously this being a peak time, I can't afford to pay for dining and full price for the room. Ugh...hurry up DISNEY!!!

Stalking this board, sorry. We are booked for 10 days in April, but if FD is offered in March.....Will switch. We were booked last week of April this year, and then when they announced FD the last week of March we jumped on it, getting out of there just as the Easter crowds rolled in. I was shocked to see FD in March this year. Hope that with all of the new FL things opening, they dont decide that they dont need it.

Some schools have spring breaks in March (most Oregon schools) and others have spring breaks the week before or after Easter, and Easter is March 31 2013.

:)

Some schools have spring breaks in March (most Oregon schools) and others have spring breaks the week before or after Easter, and Easter is March 31 2013.

:)

In Canada, many provinces have their breaks in March. That's why I'm planning to go in March!

Well, I ALMOST just bit the bullet and booked for 3/21-3/31. I was hoping for a AAA discount but the total was only $70.00 less than rack rate. Only the first three days were discounted. I hesitated at the almost $3000.00 price tag for a ROOM (moderate). I told her no way, too expensive. She told me to check back around October 1st in the Special Offers section......here's hoping.

Well, I ALMOST just bit the bullet and booked for 3/21-3/31. I was hoping for a AAA discount but the total was only $70.00 less than rack rate. Only the first three days were discounted. I hesitated at the almost $3000.00 price tag for a ROOM (moderate). I told her no way, too expensive. She told me to check back around October 1st in the Special Offers section......here's hoping.

That sounds promising. I'm booked for 1st week of March with AAA discount at YC but unless I get a better discount we may scale back to POR. Four adults makes deluxe even more expensive!

That will probably be tough.. those two weeks are ranked poorly for discounts due to Easter.

We are booked for AoA 1suite and 2 standard rooms, march 15-24 with no discounts. Hoping something comes along!!

That will probably be tough.. those two weeks are ranked poorly for discounts due to Easter.

Yes, I really wish our spring break was not next to Easter this year, but alas, it is. I thought I read on the DIS that people were getting AAA discounts for Easter Week, maybe I was dreaming. :confused3 I checked a couple of different resorts and they weren't offering it at any of them, or it's sold out. I booked my airfare for the Thursday before the week leading up to Easter in hopes of snagging Free Dining. I know it was a gamble.

Silly me....I am so out of the Disney loop! I was semi-planning a trip for March thinking there would be NO crowds. Apparently I was wrong and need to re-think the plan.

What makes it crowded in March...is that Spring Break (I was thinking that would be in April). I definitely want to avoid crowds and want to go sometime between Feb and May, so what should I be shooting for?

We've always gone in late Sept/Early October but now that my son is playing football, it's not an option anymore :sad1:

March is typically Spring Break month.

I went during Spring break March 2011 and it wasn't pretty. I had made ADRs waaay ahead of time, but every restaurant was full and there were a lot of waits past the allotted reservation time (eg. LTT was almost 30 mins past time). There were a lot of crowds and it seemed like everyone from Texas was there (I think the whole state had spring break at the same time). Lines were long and people stayed in the park right up until closing and through EMH even with tiny kids in strollers. It was not my most pleasant WDW experience, but because of high school schedules we had to go then. If you can go a week earlier or later it would be less congested.pixiedust:

I went during Spring break March 2011 and it wasn't pretty. I had made ADRs waaay ahead of time, but every restaurant was full and there were a lot of waits past the allotted reservation time (eg. LTT was almost 30 mins past time). There were a lot of crowds and it seemed like everyone from Texas was there (I think the whole state had spring break at the same time). Lines were long and people stayed in the park right up until closing and through EMH even with tiny kids in strollers. It was not my most pleasant WDW experience, but because of high school schedules we had to go then. If you can go a week earlier or later it would be less congested.pixiedust:

I agree that the week before Easter is busy, but that is also when we typically always go. I made all my ADR's 180 days in advance last year and had ABSOLUTELY no issues with the ressies I wanted Easter week 2012 and none of them ran late. It all depends on the day and other factors that arise. Everyone's experiences are different. Last year we had an awesome morning at Magic Kingdom for EMH-M. We got on 11 rides within 2 hours!!!!! Space Mountain, twice! We left the park at lunch to swim and relax.

Easter may be busy, but after following the advice of other Diser's, Touring Plans and planning out our trip, we've had wonderful trips during Easter. I would agree if someone can go a few weeks after Easter, it would be less busy, but we all handle crowds differently. I'm used to them now and I know what to expect, so it doesn't phase me.

Still hoping for pixiedust: for some discount. I got free dining last year for the week before Easter since I arrived on Thursday. No discount, oh well, I love Disney and I'm still going :cool1:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter