• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 2013 Discounts

I am the minority---I want % off code. Its just the 2 of us, so FD for 2 is not as much as %off. Looks like 40% is just a memory and 30% is the norm, but I would take it....
We picked 3/9 - 3/15. Its Texas School Spring break.
I've been at Xmas, peak time will be a piece of cake. ;)

I'd take the % off too! I'd take anything. I'm limited in the times I can travel, so I would love anything... if I get to go at all! ;)

Hoping to go march 2-9 if we can get free dining that week. I wish they would hurry up cause its close to the 180 day mark for ADRs. We have been before last week of march and it was so crowded with over two hr waits on some rides so we really didn't want to do march but I heard that the very beginning of march is way better crowd wise. Normally we go in September but can't this time because of school sports. Anyone been that first week in march? How were the crowds?

We just decided:banana: to go in March (9-15) boys have Canadian March Break. Would love FD. So I am going to throw pixie dust as well. pixiedust:

Ugh, I wish they would release discounts soon. Airfare should be coming out soon for our time frame - end of March - and our spring break is next to Easter this year, so I am afraid we might miss discounts. But we could fly in a little early, maybe Thursday or so, if it would mean snagging a discount. But I don't want to if I don't have to, but once I buy airfare I am locked in! I have almost resolved myself to not having a discount, but I am not there yet, still hoping...

Ugh, I wish they would release discounts soon. Airfare should be coming out soon for our time frame - end of March - and our spring break is next to Easter this year, so I am afraid we might miss discounts. But we could fly in a little early, maybe Thursday or so, if it would mean snagging a discount. But I don't want to if I don't have to, but once I buy airfare I am locked in! I have almost resolved myself to not having a discount, but I am not there yet, still hoping...

I just booked our tickets out of Milwaukee last week through Delta. I am so glad I did because prices have gone up over $120 per ticket since. I am having us fly out on a Thursday because last year free dining the week before Easter ended on a Thursday. Crossing my fingers for the same thing this year because we'd get free dining for entire stay.:goodvibes

I really hope Disney releases discounts soon so I can book our trip. Our 180 day reservation window opens Sept 21st and I want to plan when and where we want to eat this year.

I just booked our tickets out of Milwaukee last week through Delta. I am so glad I did because prices have gone up over $120 per ticket since. I am having us fly out on a Thursday because last year free dining the week before Easter ended on a Thursday. Crossing my fingers for the same thing this year because we'd get free dining for entire stay.:goodvibes

I really hope Disney releases discounts soon so I can book our trip. Our 180 day reservation window opens Sept 21st and I want to plan when and where we want to eat this year.

Darn it! I just checked Delta and they were over $400.00, I must have missed the good prices. I am willing to pay around $300.00-$320.00. Thanks for sharing when Free Dining started last year, that is what I am hoping for. Maybe I will just book in on Thursday, March 21st, and hope for the best. Is that when you are arriving? Southwest and I am assuming AirTran open at the end of the month, and I would assume Frontier would open around then too, although I am nervous to book with them.

Darn it! I just checked Delta and they were over $400.00, I must have missed the good prices. I am willing to pay around $300.00-$320.00. Thanks for sharing when Free Dining started last year, that is what I am hoping for. Maybe I will just book in on Thursday, March 21st, and hope for the best. Is that when you are arriving? Southwest and I am assuming AirTran open at the end of the month, and I would assume Frontier would open around then too, although I am nervous to book with them.

I got our tickets for $336 (total w/taxes) and the other day I saw the same flight for $456. Yep we fly out on Thursday March 21st. Since we come from the Madison area, we'll do the Park and Fly from La Quinta hotel because it cost us $70 there for one night plus parking up to 14 days last year. Much cheaper than just parking at General Mitchell in the ramp and we get our vacation started earlier.

We usually fly Frontier but they only released rates through March 17th and with the way gas prices are going, I didn't want to take the risk waiting for a better fare. The price this year on Delta is the exact same as what I paid for Frontier last year, except with Frontier is was a direct flight and with Delta we'll change planes in Atlanta.

If a discount doesn't come out by Sept. 15th, I'll just book so I can make online dining reservations for a few places we want to eat. If a discount comes out I'll modify and if not, we'll order food again from Garden Grocer for breakfasts and lunches.

Well I'm off to start to begin setting up for our Disney theme night. Tonight is Cars :cool1:

Our spring break is the week leading up to Easter. We usually go Memorial Day week but can't do it any more with two daughters playing travel softball. I'm just not sure if I'm up to the crowds at Easter. I can't seem to talk myself into it but I can't bring myself to plan a vacation somewhere else either. All the talk here on the Dis about crowds scares me off. I'm just so on the fence & my DH says it's up to me. We've been twice in July, once over July 4th week. Is the week before Easter really that much worse than July 4th week??

Our spring break is the week leading up to Easter. We usually go Memorial Day week but can't do it any more with two daughters playing travel softball. I'm just not sure if I'm up to the crowds at Easter. I can't seem to talk myself into it but I can't bring myself to plan a vacation somewhere else either. All the talk here on the Dis about crowds scares me off. I'm just so on the fence & my DH says it's up to me. We've been twice in July, once over July 4th week. Is the week before Easter really that much worse than July 4th week??

I've never been during the summer so maybe someone else will comment on the crowds then, but the week leading up to Easter is typically when we go and yes it is busy. It is not unbearable for us because we plan out what the "must dos" are and make sure everyone gets those in. Everything else is a plus. I know a lot of suggestions are to stay away from EMH, but for us it works. That is usually when we get our "must dos" accomplished. We also spend most afternoons at the resort swimming, napping or just plain relaxing.

I am really hoping for Free Dining :wizard: again this year, but the only downside with it for us is that I had to make our park plans around it. That was different for us, but the experiences we had at some of the table service meals was awesome:thumbsup2.

I've never been during the summer so maybe someone else will comment on the crowds then, but the week leading up to Easter is typically when we go and yes it is busy. It is not unbearable for us because we plan out what the "must dos" are and make sure everyone gets those in. Everything else is a plus. I know a lot of suggestions are to stay away from EMH, but for us it works. That is usually when we get our "must dos" accomplished. We also spend most afternoons at the resort swimming, napping or just plain relaxing.

I am really hoping for Free Dining :wizard: again this year, but the only downside with it for us is that I had to make our park plans around it. That was different for us, but the experiences we had at some of the table service meals was awesome:thumbsup2.

Thanks for your input! That makes me feel better. I'd love free dining, too! we lucked out with it on our 2011 trip. I was afraid it would make Memorial Day week super crowded but we really didn't see much difference. Thanks again!

Speaking of Free Dining, does anybody recall if the UK Free Dining dates around Easter matched the US Free Dining dates this past spring? The UK dates end on March 19th this year, which is the Tuesday before Easter. I was hoping it would reach out to Thursday.......wondering if US dates will be different.

Speaking of Free Dining, does anybody recall if the UK Free Dining dates around Easter matched the US Free Dining dates this past spring? The UK dates end on March 19th this year, which is the Tuesday before Easter. I was hoping it would reach out to Thursday.......wondering if US dates will be different.

I found this thread on the disboards about UK free dining for 2012.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2672168&page=3

I really hope the US dates come out soon and reach until Thursday March 21 since that is when we arrive.

I found this thread on the disboards about UK free dining for 2012.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2672168&page=3

I really hope the US dates come out soon and reach until Thursday March 21 since that is when we arrive.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping it extends to that Thursday as well. I hate waiting.......patience is NOT one of my greatest virtues. :guilty:

Those Facebook dates are the same I saw too, I think it says to March 19th and then picks up again on April 7th.

Thanks for the info. I am hoping it extends to that Thursday as well. I hate waiting.......patience is NOT one of my greatest virtues. :guilty:

Those Facebook dates are the same I saw too, I think it says to March 19th and then picks up again on April 7th.

Oh geez your right. I was looking at them from the way we read dates in the US and read it as Jan 19 and not March 19th :sad2:. Please oh please Disney give us thost dates too and just extend them to at least Thursday pixiedust:

The UK free dining is for all of March 2013? I hope that is true because if they offer it to the US then we are so there and we'll cancel our Sept. 2013 trip. Our spring break starts on March 16th.

So...typically (historically) when should we know about free dining for 2013? And maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears that most of March is super busy due to spring break and Easter, so why would they offer FD in March at all? I thought it was reserved for slow-periods. Have they ever offered it in April?

Just curious. I would prefer to go in March if there is free dining but I really don't want to go when it's packed?! We are teetering on the week of April 13because it's far away enough from Easter to longer be busy - I hope. If someone could tell me the magic week in March that is low-crowds, that would be great. Because I'm confused!? :confused3 Clearly.

So...typically (historically) when should we know about free dining for 2013? And maybe I'm missing something here, but it appears that most of March is super busy due to spring break and Easter, so why would they offer FD in March at all? I thought it was reserved for slow-periods. Have they ever offered it in April?

Just curious. I would prefer to go in March if there is free dining but I really don't want to go when it's packed?! We are teetering on the week of April 13because it's far away enough from Easter to longer be busy - I hope. If someone could tell me the magic week in March that is low-crowds, that would be great. Because I'm confused!? :confused3 Clearly.

I wish I knew the magic week ;) We typically go in March and last year was the first Free Dining discount offered to us, but we also arrived on the Thursday before the week before Easter. I'm still hoping for some pixie dust :wizard: to have a March discount. Each time I see a new post I get all excited and have to look right away :surfweb: Hoping for some type of news soon.

We are also hoping for a Discount. We want to come close to the end of March for my Sons 2nd BDay. We are coming this December so we are also hoping for a bounce back offer too. We will take any discount we can get. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter