March 2013 Discounts

DznyDreams

A DREAM IS A WISH YOUR HEART MAKES . . .
March is not the greatest time to go for saving money, but it is our only choice for 2013. I was just looking over the historical discount release charts on mousesavers. It indicates there was a general public free dining package for stays through the end of March 2012. Apparently it came out in August 2011. I assume this chart is still considered to be a reliable source for planning Anyone know for sure?

I have been wondering the same thing. I have gone ahead and booked the 1st week of March thinking it looks like a good week cause there is nothing going on the week before or that week. Every year is dif, you gotta take into consideration Easter and spring break. Last year I think they offered the free dining through end of March in Aug when there was nothing else being offered past Sept. But this year they have already released it through December... So this makes me wonder if we are going to wait even longer for the 2013 dates since they have already covered the end of 2012. I guess WDW will just always keep us guessing lol. I do wish it woudl be released in Aug before my ADR date.
Heres to hoping! ;)

I have booked March 6-16, but we may only be able to go the 9th-16th. I wish we could go earlier in the month, but I'll take the crowds in March over the heat of the Summer any day! :) Maybe the crowds won't be unbearable.
Come on, Disney! Show us some love in the form of FREE DINING! (jk) :)

Anyone else going in March? There must be others...

March is not the greatest time to go for saving money, but it is our only choice for 2013. I was just looking over the historical discount release charts on mousesavers. It indicates there was a general public free dining package for stays through the end of March 2012. Apparently it came out in August 2011. I assume this chart is still considered to be a reliable source for planning Anyone know for sure?

Could you please send me the chart?? Thanks!

In 2009 and 2010 we got discounts Easter week. They originally black out dates but were opened up later.

2011 was blacked out diring Easter.

Crossing our fingers that they offer something this year.

Really hoping for spring discounts to come out soon. Last year Free Dining was released on Aug 3rd (and I booked our trip on Aug 3rd:)) for our March dates and hoping something comes out this week again:goodvibes. We are planning March 20th - 30th.

DonaldDuckFamily said:
Really hoping for spring discounts to come out soon. Last year Free Dining was released on Aug 3rd (and I booked our trip on Aug 3rd:)) for our March dates and hoping something comes out this week again:goodvibes. We are planning March 20th - 30th.

From your fingers to "Mickey's Ears"!!!!! I am really hoping too!!!! :)

We are going from march 10-16 for my daughters's 18th birthday. She is dying to stay in a finding nemo suite for her special day. Hoping and praying for free dining. Never have gone this time of year so how bad are the crowds? We have gone in June and July the past few years due to high school sports.

We are going from march 10-16 for my daughters's 18th birthday. She is dying to stay in a finding nemo suite for her special day. Hoping and praying for free dining. Never have gone this time of year so how bad are the crowds? We have gone in June and July the past few years due to high school sports.

So I've been to Disney at the time your going and end of March (before Easter). It was busy for us, but not as bad as going before Easter. I think if you plan well and follow the advice on these boards you'll be fine. We like to hit the parks early, go back to the resort to relax and head back at night. We seem to get a lot more accomplished. March is a great month as I can always expect the weather to be warm enough to use the pool.

Im planning on going 3/9-3/15 for my 21st birthday! I've never been during peak times, so im nervous about the crowds and not getting any kind of discounts.

Does anyone know if they have good AP room only discounts during this time? I've seen they usually release them in january and that makes me ansy.

If I could get free dining or something, I'd be there in March. March Break will be the 16-23 this year. I'd be there!

Silly me....I am so out of the Disney loop! I was semi-planning a trip for March thinking there would be NO crowds. Apparently I was wrong and need to re-think the plan.

What makes it crowded in March...is that Spring Break (I was thinking that would be in April). I definitely want to avoid crowds and want to go sometime between Feb and May, so what should I be shooting for?

We've always gone in late Sept/Early October but now that my son is playing football, it's not an option anymore :sad1:

Silly me....I am so out of the Disney loop! I was semi-planning a trip for March thinking there would be NO crowds. Apparently I was wrong and need to re-think the plan.

What makes it crowded in March...is that Spring Break (I was thinking that would be in April). I definitely want to avoid crowds and want to go sometime between Feb and May, so what should I be shooting for?

We've always gone in late Sept/Early October but now that my son is playing football, it's not an option anymore :sad1:

Spring Break time is really anytime between March and April for most schools. Around here, the universities are off for a week in February for their "Spring Break", but I don't think that week affects Disney much. I think earlier in March is better than later, from what I understand, but I'm limited to the one week I have off (March Break). February is usually a slower time from what I've heard.

Hi everyone, Newbie here....reading this thread about discounts. How do I go about getting one? Thinking of going March 16-23 staying at AOA. Any suggestions?

We were thinking about going in March next year but I looked at all the events and changed my mind. UCA/UDA Int. All Star Event, American Cheer/Dance Event, Track and Field Event and Walt Disney World Invitational. We looked at Jan-March and there was something every weekend (which of course most of the crowds for the weekend events run into the week). I guess we will have to go in April.

We were thinking about going in March next year but I looked at all the events and changed my mind. UCA/UDA Int. All Star Event, American Cheer/Dance Event, Track and Field Event and Walt Disney World Invitational. We looked at Jan-March and there was something every weekend (which of course most of the crowds for the weekend events run into the week). I guess we will have to go in April.

Yikes....thats alot of events. Good to know....perhaps we'll be going in April too!

I am the minority---I want % off code. Its just the 2 of us, so FD for 2 is not as much as %off. Looks like 40% is just a memory and 30% is the norm, but I would take it....
We picked 3/9 - 3/15. Its Texas School Spring break.
I've been at Xmas, peak time will be a piece of cake. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter