Mansion ?? at POR

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
does any of these mansions have elevators??? I see alot of stairs in the fronts of them but do they have ramps???

The mansions have elevators but from what I know from last year, AB buildings do not. Our travel agent put us in AB, on the second floor, which is impossible for me as I travel in an ECV (I could make the stairs but only once a day). :eek: :banana:

AB is Alligator Bayou - a section of Port Orleans Riverside.

I believe that bldgs that are 3 or more floors have to have elevators. Since the mansions are 3 floors, they all have elevators. But, there aren't several banks of elevators per bldg. You will find possible two elevators, in the center of each bldg. Then, you will have to make your way to your room.
The AB bldgs have no elevators. If there is any kind of 'stair' issue, then you are best off mentioning it when you make your reservation.

I believe that bldgs that are 3 or more floors have to have elevators. Since the mansions are 3 floors, they all have elevators. But, there aren't several banks of elevators per bldg. You will find possible two elevators, in the center of each bldg. Then, you will have to make your way to your room.
The AB bldgs have no elevators. If there is any kind of 'stair' issue, then you are best off mentioning it when you make your reservation.
::yes::
According to the ADA, buildings with more than 2 floors have to have elevators (if the building was completed after the date of the requirement in 1993). I think AB buildings only have 2 floors. I know they don't have elevators.
The elevators in the mansions are a little hard to find the first time. I think that area is also called Magnolia Bend. I'd suggest you ask the CM where they are in reference to your room before you leave the check in area. It took us a while to find them the first time we were looking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter