• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magicband+

They look like fun. I'm guessing over $100. Hopefully you get a good discount for AP, or DVC, or resort stay.
Lucky us... We value you so much so we have added a resort stay benefit of allowing you to purchase a magicband+ at at discount.
That most likely will be $10

Lucky us... We value you so much so we have added a resort stay benefit of allowing you to purchase a magicband+ at at discount.
That most likely will be $10
That is true. It seems like our value to staying on property lately is the ability to spend more money earlier, or for a slightly less exorbitant amount.

Hold your horses here. I see the apple wafch can get us into the park, pay, link photos. Can it trigger the photo pass during rides and open hotel rooms? What other features is it lacking?
There may be more options than when we went in June, but i know we couldn’t unlock room doors or the photo pass option. I think it’s headed in the right direction though.

i still wore a magic band in June because the watch didn’t offer all the features the band did, at that time.

do you remember riding "Its a small world" and having your name spelled out at the exit where the signs say "goodbye" in several languages? or, have you been addressed by a castmember by name as you're entering an attraction.? I suspect this is going to be way more advanced than that, enhancing interactive experiences. Who knows what it might be able to do? I'm certainly intrigued.

When watching the special commercial on what's going on for the 50th they talked about these Magicband+. They gave a lot of non information like "it detects when you move your arm." I was like "Why?" I mean tell me more about a wristband acknowledging I moved my arm? What does that mean. I need to know.

As far as adding any more over stimulation to the fireworks show, tell me why I would avert my eyes to miss something just to look at my wrist.

I don't want to be negative but, maybe you could have shown a clip of how the heck a statue can interact with me via my wristband.

As far as Galaxy's Edge...I already lost my entire party because I got hooked on breaking codes and earning my points the first year we went. I looked up and everyone was gone. I was obsessed. Now you tell me I also can do something with my wristband?!

I need more info Disney! I am running low on funds adding up all the +'s.

It sounds cool but not something I'd be interested in for myself. Maybe get one to commemorate the 50th, but otherwise I'll stick to my regular bands! I used my Apple Watch last time more than my Magic Band tbh...

I'm guessing well over $175 and more depending on branding, limited edition, etc. Suppose always a small but lucrative market for this.

I'm guessing well over $175 and more depending on branding, limited edition, etc. Suppose always a small but lucrative market for this.
I don't think it will be that high. This isn't much more than the current magicbands, tech-wise. Just some RGB LEDs and a small controller. Small rechargeable battery. I think < $100 retail. I guess we will see.

do you remember riding "Its a small world" and having your name spelled out at the exit where the signs say "goodbye" in several languages? or, have you been addressed by a castmember by name as you're entering an attraction.? I suspect this is going to be way more advanced than that, enhancing interactive experiences. Who knows what it might be able to do? I'm certainly intrigued.
This is because MBs have 2 RFID chips. One short-range for the Mickey-to-Mickey taps and one long range with the battery that does the long range reads at “It’s a small world“. When the battery dies, its the long range rfid that doesn’t work.

we don’t know what tech they are using in MB+ but I’m sure they are adding new tech to it. The rechargeable battery will be nice for less eWaste, but I’m curious what else they are putting in.

I thought I seen where it will start at 59 or maybe it was 59.99. Can’t find it now.

I’m going with 119, 159 and 199 (reg / spec/ dooney) with regular discounts of 19 off though it’s possible dooney will do a special program for their watches and make it 249, I think.
There is absolutely zero chance it's that high. These aren't nearly as full-featured or hi-tech as everyone seems to think they are. There's no screen. It's a basic MagicBand with an LED strip and a rumble pack.

My best guess is $60 for solid color, up to $80 for limited edition Dooney.

There is absolutely zero chance it's that high. These aren't nearly as full-featured or hi-tech as everyone seems to think they are. There's no screen. It's a basic MagicBand with an LED strip and a rumble pack.

My best guess is $60 for solid color, up to $80 for limited edition Dooney.

Yeah, I agree. These seem similar to the kind of thing they sell at Avengers Campus for the Spider-Man ride, those power bands. Those only cost $34.99 for the base, then $29.99 for an add-on. The base power band is just a device that the ride reads to enable features, so it is similar tech.

Do you think these will be waterproof like the older bands? I would wear my magic band in the pool - just wondering if the new ones will be ok to wear in the pool?

Do you think these will be waterproof like the older bands? I would wear my magic band in the pool - just wondering if the new ones will be ok to wear in the pool?
I think they have to be. It rains a lot in Florida and most of the people wearing them will use them to access the pool. How they deal with a charging port will be interesting. Some sort of induction charging would work.

I think they have to be. It rains a lot in Florida and most of the people wearing them will use them to access the pool. How they deal with a charging port will be interesting. Some sort of induction charging would work.
Magnet. There is no charging port. I'll find a picture.

Hold please.

The great thing about that is that they won't die like the older MBs eventually do. I really do like these.
Eventually the battery will stop holding a charge, but I see screws in the above picture. Theoretically you could change the battery if that were to happen. Might involve some soldering...

This could also just be a pre-production model. Wouldn't surprise me at all if the final version was a sealed unit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter