Magicband+

Disneyfan754321

DIS Veteran
So these new bands have a screen and are interactive with the gold statues oh yea light up during fireworks.

How much do you think they will cost?

After a guest enters a theme park, MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations and gesture recognition, enhancing the environment’s immersive storytelling. The wearable will allow guests to engage with favorite Disney moments in new ways and discover new interactive experiences, including:

• Play like a bounty hunter in a galaxy far, far away and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
  • Interact with the “Disney Fab 50 Character Collection,” the golden sculptures spread throughout the Walt Disney World theme parks.
  • Experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as they see their bands light up and complement the magic in the skies, including the new “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park.image-5708122-1200x720.png

Last edited:

$50 - $100, I'm shocked they actually didn't come out with a special version of apple watch that was a million $$$$ lol
I would guess around $100 if a regular magic band can be $35+.

Yep ... I'm figuring they may try to keep them just below $100. If the limited magic bands are retailing $40-50, I think we'll be lucky in they stay in that price range. The '+' version will probably be $75-100

Oh, and it sucks getting old and needing reading glasses ... one more thing besides my smart phone where I'll need to keep slapping the readers on to check my MB+ ... because I know I'll probably buy one of these for next year's trip

Any idea if the current Magic Bands will still work? or will still be sold? I read an article, but didn't see that answered. We don't go until June, but don't want to get stuck in a situation where I wait to find out pricing on these only to have no choice of the current bands if/when I decide these are too pricey.

This is our first trip in a decade and will probably be my last one for a while so I can't see spending a lot of money on what would basically be a souvenir.

"Experience nighttime spectaculars in a new way as they see their bands light up and complement the magic in the skies, including the new “Harmonious” at EPCOT and “Disney Enchantment” at Magic Kingdom Park."

Ah yes, I know that during shows with fireworks, projections on the castle, and projects on Main Street, my favorite thing to do is look down at my wrist to see what color my magic bracelet is.

I bet these will be like those light up Mickey Ear hats that were in sync with Fantasmic. Cool, but in the end not as cool as everyone thought. Probably more distracting than anything.

Also, I wonder what the range for the magic bands will be during the shows. What if you decide to skip the show and instead do dinner? Will your band just start lighting up inside Liberty Tree Tavern? What about in the dark on Space Mountain?

Any idea if the current Magic Bands will still work? or will still be sold? I read an article, but didn't see that answered. We don't go until June, but don't want to get stuck in a situation where I wait to find out pricing on these only to have no choice of the current bands if/when I decide these are too pricey.

This is our first trip in a decade and will probably be my last one for a while so I can't see spending a lot of money on what would basically be a souvenir.
Several of the articles I saw specified that existing magicbands will still be sold.

I'm quite surprised by this honestly. I thought they were going to slowly deemphasize MBs over the next year or so and then have them quietly retired.

I'm 100% for this and assuming a price in the $50 range, I'm sure I will be getting one (or 10).

Of course this is announced after I purchased the 50th anniversary band for a trip that isn't until next year.. Though if they are really close to $100, I wouldn't pay that anyway (if they are closer to $50, I'll probably still buy one because that's just who I am lol.)

Of course this is announced after I purchased the 50th anniversary band for a trip that isn't until next year.. Though if they are really close to $100, I wouldn't pay that anyway (if they are closer to $50, I'll probably still buy one because that's just who I am lol.)
As far as the interactive part... you can do what we did at Universal... stood next to someone lol.
I know my son will love it, he loved the interactive mouse ears he had a few years ago.

I'm quite surprised by this honestly. I thought they were going to slowly deemphasize MBs over the next year or so and then have them quietly retired.

I'm 100% for this and assuming a price in the $50 range, I'm sure I will be getting one (or 10).

I think they didn’t realize how popular Magic bands really are and why retire them for an owned phone and free ap when they can “improve” them for $100+

I bet these will be like those light up Mickey Ear hats that were in sync with Fantasmic. Cool, but in the end not as cool as everyone thought. Probably more distracting than anything.

Those ears looked absolutely amazing at the World of Color event ..... where they gave everybody some to wear. Not so much when there's a few scattered in the audience.

People keep saying this but does anybody know what kind of money Disney is making on those? They have a lot of people trained that those are collectable souvenirs (like an ear hat, get a new one every trip). Plus they have all the limited editions / Dooney models / etc. I would think they would keep selling just in a smaller volume to those guests.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter