Magical Express

kid-at-heart

DIS Veteran
For our last two WDW visits we have used Disney's Magical Express for transportation to and from the hotel. I love :lovestruc not having to deal with my luggage or reserving a car/shuttle. I also appreciate the money it saves. It has made our travel so much easier that now when we discuss going somewhere different I include ME among the reasons we should choose Disney over other vacation areas. I am so glad that DVC members are not denied this Disney perk.

Am I the only one who has horrible ME luck? 2 weeks ago I waited 45 minutes just to get on a bus at the airport. On the return to the airport, it's definitely earlier than I'd choose, but even so, I enjoy the perk in that direction.
I love the airport pick-up in theory, but I just don't know if I can do it again with a toddler! Do love the money savings, though!

I simply rarely notice how long it takes me to get on the ME bus. I dont think i have ever waited 45 minutes, but no matter what it has been it wasnt enough to deter me from using it. Its free, its easy..who am i to complain?

I just about love watching the silly tv infomercial they play. Its like part of the experience now

Been going since 2002 and use ME. In the 8 trips or so, we've never set foot outside of the airport and DW. I hear that the outside world is a scary place. ;)

Am I the only one who has horrible ME luck? 2 weeks ago I waited 45 minutes just to get on a bus at the airport. On the return to the airport, it's definitely earlier than I'd choose, but even so, I enjoy the perk in that direction.
I love the airport pick-up in theory, but I just don't know if I can do it again with a toddler! Do love the money savings, though!

We (almost) always use DME and I just anticipate a 45 - 60 min. wait between the line to get on the bus & then sitting on the bus waiting for more pax. The one exception to this was when we were doing a DCL after a few days at the World so we used a car service to pick us up at MCO then take us to the port a few days later. Thought according to all reports of people claiming how much faster it would be that it would be SOOO much faster. HA!:rotfl: We waited in baggage claim for 45 minutes for our bags to come out!! I felt bad for our driver who was waiting for us when we got there - so he had to wait as well. So no time savings for us!! :sad2: So unless we need the grocery / beer stop (which we don't 'cuz we've discovered Garden Grocer) we'll stick to saving our money & use DME. :thumbsup2

I do already miss the fact that they've changed the latest flight arrival to 10:00 to participate in the luggage delivery...our flight next Fri. is scheduled to land at 10:25 so if we check a bag we have to go down & claim it before we can head to the bus area.:sad2: I was always FINE with just packing our MUST HAVES in our carry-ons & getting the other bags delivered in the morning. So now not only do we LAND late but we have to waste even more time in baggage claim before we can head home.

We love DME. I hate to drive on vacation as does DH. We love the cheesy video too.

Love it too!!

Those toll lanes always throw me off!! I hate driving on vacation so ME is perfect.

We gave up our seats last week for free vouchers and I had already checked our bags. No worries with ME because our bags were tagged to AKV and not sit at the airport all day:thumbsup2

We checked in at 11pm and our bags were already in our studio:thumbsup2

We are also fans of ME! We love not having to lug 2 carseats on vacation and with rare exceptions find it worth the extra time. It definitely makes it easier to choose Disney over some other vacations. We already have so much to carry (and often the 2yo) that we love not having to worry about the suitcases.

Just used ME for the first time last week. Arrived around 9 p.m. on a Wednesday evening, and we felt like royalty. There were multiple employees at the ME desk but no other customers, so we were assisted immediately and waved right onto the bus. Almost as soon as we sat down, the bus left for the World. After two quick stops at other resorts, we were home (BWV this trip). I thought to myself, "wow, this actually is magical."

I thought we would hate not having a car, but it was actually more relaxing in many ways. Our return to the airport went smoothly as well.

From what pp have said some never leave WDW-just what Disney wanted when they offered free ME. Now you are going to spend all your money with them since you can't get to that off property restaurant anymore!

We usually rent a car for the convienence. Last time we needed to use ME for the trip back to MCO and had to stop at two resorts. We decided we like the rental better eventhough it does cost a pretty penny sometimes.

Has anyone ever used ME and rent a car? I love the convenience of ME, especially when it comes to the luggage, but on our last trip, we were at AKV and would have appreciated having a car there.

Are there any car rental places that will drop off and pick up the car at the resort for you? I know we have rental places in NJ that will pick YOU up, bring you to their place, and then you drive yourself "home". Not sure what's available in the WDW area.

We enjoyed the ME service but when we had our second DD she was much more non-compliant that her big sister so the ME became a nightmare and on a much bigger level the buses to and from the parks. So we began renting. We love having the rental and will do it again at further out resorts. We will be going old school for our upcoming family trip ME and Disney buses the whole week - we'll see if I survive!!!:rotfl2:

Normally I drive but have done ME a couple of times. Much better than before when I had to wait on Mears to take me. Can’t beat the price and I have only had to wait a short time before I am on my way.

Has anyone ever used ME and rent a car? I love the convenience of ME, especially when it comes to the luggage, but on our last trip, we were at AKV and would have appreciated having a car there.

Are there any car rental places that will drop off and pick up the car at the resort for you? I know we have rental places in NJ that will pick YOU up, bring you to their place, and then you drive yourself "home". Not sure what's available in the WDW area.

Yes, we use both. We fly into MCO, pick up ME to SSR. Then, from the room, we call Alamo and tell them which resort to pick us up from. The shuttle then takes us to the Car Care Center at the entrance to the MK and we drive 'home' in our rental. No one that I am aware of drops cars at any resorts. We simply do this to enable us to do our own grocery shopping as well as some off-property souvenier shopping.:cloud9: We usually only keep the car for a day. Then we'll let Disney do the driving the rest of the week:thumbsup2 Take the car back to the Car Care Center and the shuttle takes us right back to our resort...:dance3:

Yes, we use both. We fly into MCO, pick up ME to SSR. Then, from the room, we call Alamo and tell them which resort to pick us up from. The shuttle then takes us to the Car Care Center at the entrance to the MK and we drive 'home' in our rental. No one that I am aware of drops cars at any resorts. We simply do this to enable us to do our own grocery shopping as well as some off-property souvenier shopping.:cloud9: We usually only keep the car for a day. Then we'll let Disney do the driving the rest of the week:thumbsup2 Take the car back to the Car Care Center and the shuttle takes us right back to our resort...:dance3:

We do something similar, but we usually keep the car for a week and because we've been staying at either BCV or BWV we just drop the car off at the Swan. It's very convenient.

We have only ever used the DME. I love the fact that my luggage magically appears in our room and I don't have to lift. :thumbsup2

We love DME! Does anyone know if it will continue past 2011? When it first started I had read that they signed something with MCO till January of 2011. I hope they will continue to provide this wonderful benefit past that date. Anyone know for certain?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter