Magical Express Replacement

2022 bookings are available. If the plan was to lower prices to reflect the loss of the service, it would show up in those package prices, right?
With increasing staff salaries, property taxes, and other costs that also go into determining hotel prices, how would you be able to tell whether or not dropping DME had any effect on hotel rates? I don’t think DME is ending as a way to cut hotel room prices. I think DME is ending because Disney’s analysis showed they weren’t getting enough return on that cost, what with more people using rideshare and other options for traveling between MCO and WDW, so they terminated (or maybe just didn’t renew) the contract with Mears because they didn’t want to pay that money anymore.

Disney is still offering the service through December 31. No reason to lower prices before that date if they even have that in mind. Let's wait and see but either way, we are all getting "hurt" (politically correct for what they are really doing to us).
There is nothing to wait and see about. Reservations for 2022 are open. Prices went up, not down.

Is Mears ever going to provide more information about this? It said summer last time I checked… it’s summer 😉

This one really stinks for us. DME added a ton of value for my family; we have small kids (5 and 7 first trip, 7 and 9 second trip) and normally take an early flight into Orlando. This allowed us to literally go from the plane to the park without having to think!!!

This one really stinks for us. DME added a ton of value for my family; we have small kids (5 and 7 first trip, 7 and 9 second trip) and normally take an early flight into Orlando. This allowed us to literally go from the plane to the park without having to think!!!

Well at least now you will be able to pay $40 + a person for the new Mears service that will likely not include the baggage handling like DME did!!!! And according to Disney, if you don’t like that you have lots of options now, so you don’t need DME. Charge more / give less… that’s whats it’s all about now days.

40 a person? That seems high…
i use a car service, get a 4 person SUV for 90…plus tip
i think my girlfriend used uber for 55

2022 bookings are available. If the plan was to lower prices to reflect the loss of the service, it would show up in those package prices, right?
If that was the plan; then, right. But that was never the plan.

Disney said that the needs and preferences of Guests are changing and vacationers have more options than ever to choose from for their transportation needs... so they are eliminating the free option.

If that was the plan; then, right. But that was never the plan.

Disney said that the needs and preferences of Guests are changing and vacationers have more options than ever to choose from for their transportation needs... so they are eliminating the free option.

Whenever I see this from Disney I make I am wearing BROWN!

Think they need to update their website to say accepting reservations this fall now instead of summer :( Wonder what the hold-up is.

40 a person? That seems high…
i use a car service, get a 4 person SUV for 90…plus tip
i think my girlfriend used uber for 55
It doesn’t just seem high—it IS high. But I’m willing to bet it’s more than that. I think it was that much the one time I used it back around 2000.

It doesn’t just seem high—it IS high. But I’m willing to bet it’s more than that. I think it was that much the one time I used it back around 2000.
I think the price is close... Look through posts and see how many guest LOVE dme and /or have kids and need these kind of transfers. MEARS has a set fan base.

DME stopped getting the return Disney needed/wanted.

I just went to the Mears Connect website and it seems to be available for booking now...has it been like that for awhile, or is it new? Price is $32 round trip for adults, $27 for kids 3-9. Or you can get a premium service (more like uber or towncar) which is $200 roundtrip, up to 4 people.

I would AVIOD mears town cars. They are more like taxi cabs painted black. Service is really hit or miss. Some drivers are great other are NOT.

I stopped using them in January and my trip in June was without issue

I just went to the Mears Connect website and it seems to be available for booking now...has it been like that for awhile, or is it new? Price is $32 round trip for adults, $27 for kids 3-9. Or you can get a premium service (more like uber or towncar) which is $200 roundtrip, up to 4 people.
I checked yesterday and it was not available. I can't believe they didn't send out an email or anything to those who registered over the past few months!

I checked yesterday and it was not available. I can't believe they didn't send out an email or anything to those who registered over the past few months!

I had signed up for the email too, and I have not received anything. I didn't know if it was that new or I had somehow just missed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter