Magical Express Replacement

I think the price is close... Look through posts and see how many guest LOVE dme and /or have kids and need these kind of transfers. MEARS has a set fan base.

DME stopped getting the return Disney needed/wanted.
I just mean $40 PP is expensive (that’s $200 for a party of 4 and it’s not even private). Not that I think it won’t BE close to that. I love DME too, not the least reason being because it was free. I’m sure plenty will use it, especially if it can be booked through Disney and/or as part of a package.

We plan to use a towncar service for our fall trip, and it’ll be less than that, including a grocery stop. We usually drive but I’m getting old and tired LOL

We are coming to WDW in February so I went to price this and it is saying $300 round trip for 2 of us. I don't think that seems right if it's $32 per person round trip. I wonder what I am missing here.

We are coming to WDW in February so I went to price this and it is saying $300 round trip for 2 of us. I don't think that seems right if it's $32 per person round trip. I wonder what I am missing here.
I priced out our January trip and also got $300. Not sure what's going on.

I priced out our January trip and also got $300. Not sure what's going on.
Well, at least I am not alone with the weird pricing. Hopefully they will get it all worked out sooner rather than later. Travel from the airport to the hotel is the only thing I have left to book.

I just mean $40 PP is expensive (that’s $200 for a party of 4 and it’s not even private). Not that I think it won’t BE close to that. I love DME too, not the least reason being because it was free. I’m sure plenty will use it, especially if it can be booked through Disney and/or as part of a package.

We plan to use a towncar service for our fall trip, and it’ll be less than that, including a grocery stop. We usually drive but I’m getting old and tired LOL
Wouldn't $40 pp be $160 not $200 for a party of 4?

Looks like 32 pp rt is the introductory price

I priced out January with 3 adults/1kid and got 123 for the shared bus and 200 for private transfer

I would AVIOD mears town cars. They are more like taxi cabs painted black. Service is really hit or miss. Some drivers are great other are NOT.

I stopped using them in January and my trip in June was without issue

Agree about the hit or miss. We always used them for our Universal trips......have experienced both ends of the spectrum.

One thing I like about it is that you can specify a different pick-up resort than your drop-off. There have been times where that may have been convenient. The price calculator is acting weird for me and keeps saying $300 even though I selected standard service. I think that's just a glitch though - it looks like $32 round-trip for one adult - that's not too bad really.

What dates are you all entering to get these super-high fares? I plugged in our date for end of Jan/early Feb and got $64.00 for 2. I did see a blurb about "intro pricing" though, so likely they are going up after the initial start dates.

if it's really $32 per person round trip, that's good enough for me. great catch whoever noticed you can come and go from different resorts.

The only people I can see using this service would be people with young kids which makes Uber/Lyft a hassle. For everyone else...why waste the time waiting for a bus and potentially being the 10th stop when you can just hop into an Uber and be on your way.

The only people I can see using this service would be people with young kids which makes Uber/Lyft a hassle. For everyone else...why waste the time waiting for a bus and potentially being the 10th stop when you can just hop into an Uber and be on your way.

There are many reasons why people will choose to use this service.

As a single person who frequently travels solo, I feel much more comfortable on a bus with other people than alone in a car with a Lyft driver. I will happily wait a few extra minutes and pay a few more dollars to feel safe and secure.

Personally,
when i go on vacation the price difference between a car service and uber, to me, is not worth the chance of a bad experience. I have had questionable trips with mears drivers, but even the worst mears trip was still better than my best Uber ride….

The new car service im currently using has been outstanding so ill pay a little extra to get the level quality of quality i want

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter