Magic in the Bayou...POR April 28-May 3

All right, loyal readers, wish me luck! I am attempting to make a Mickey tie dye shirt! I'm a little nervous so my first try is on one of Jilly's older long sleeve shirts (she has like three of the same kind because they were on sale for $1.48 at Target). :yay:

I can't wait to see how they turn out, but I'm just as excited to do the thirty day dance tomorrow!!! :-)banana:...sneak preview...)

Good luck! I made them but ruined them with the bleach pen. I was trying to get a thin outline of the Mickey Head but ended up with a big bleach blob. So be careful if you do that! Make sure to post pics! :thumbsup2

looking forward to the picture! sounds like fun....

Good luck! I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Good luck! I made them but ruined them with the bleach pen. I was trying to get a thin outline of the Mickey Head but ended up with a big bleach blob. So be careful if you do that! Make sure to post pics! :thumbsup2

Thanks everyone! So far I'm having fun! I can't wait to see how my practice tie dye turns out! Kayce, I also made a screen print tee (I just had to after I saw how cute yours were. There is a snap sewn onto it so I can interchange the flower with other flowers, butterflies, buttons...whatever. :woohoo:

jillymickeytee.jpg

Soooo cute! I love it! I may have to steal your snap idea...glad we can help each other out!!! :love:

Soooo cute! I love it! I may have to steal your snap idea...glad we can help each other out!!! :love:

That's what it's all about!!! At first the snap idea was just so I could change out the "bow," but then I realized, "How in the heck can I wash a shirt with a silk flower attached to it?":confused3 So I was glad I had already planned a way to remove it!

That screen print tee is adorable! I love how Jillian's name is in Disney lettering! :cutie: I hope the tie dye one was a success!!

That is an adorable shirt!! I LOVE it. Awesome work! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm so excited that it turned out! Don't tell anyone but I accidentally sewed the snap on upside down, so I had to cut it out and sew it back on! :rotfl: I am so not domestic!!

super cute shirt!! i love it!!

Thanks!!!! I love it too! I can't wait for her to wear it! 30 more days!!! :banana::cool1::yay::cheer2:

That screen print tee is adorable! I love how Jillian's name is in Disney lettering! :cutie: I hope the tie dye one was a success!!

Thanks! I downloaded the font for free! I have to admit it was a pain in the you-know-what to cut it out of the transfer paper! It brought me back to late nights working on projects for my design class in college! :eek:

:banana: The Mickey tie dye worked!!!!!! I'm so excited! Here is my practice one...I think I feel confident to do the "real" one now!

mickeytiedye.jpg

Very good job! What did you use for the Pixie Dust? Looks great!

Thanks! I used a sponge applicator and brushed around my stencil with Tulip Fashion Glitter Bond (from Michael's) and then sprinkled on Tulip Fashion Glitter. You're supposed to wait 72 hours to wash it, so I'm really really hoping a lot of it sticks! :worship: I bought the assorted glitter, it has silver, white, black, teal, blue, and purple.

Oh my goodness! Your shirts turned out perfect!!

Thanks! I can't stop smilling when I look at them. I love the opportunity to be crafty! :artist:

wow!! great mickey tyedye shirt!! Can't forget the pixie dust!! :wizard:

Pixie dust just makes everything better! I am one of those people that likes to put it in cards too...:rolleyes1 Last year Jilly had a Tinkerbell birthday party, and you could tell who was invited at work because they had pixie dust all over them. And yes, I did yell at them if they referred to it as glitter!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter