Magic in the Bayou...POR April 28-May 3

To answer your question, unfortunately our trip dates do not overlap. We'll be home before you arrive :(

I have to say your Epcot touring plan is incredible!! Love it!! At AK, I suggest you don't miss the parade. And you have two of my ultimate FAV counter services to choose from that day... Wolfgang Puck's and CHH. If I *had* to pick one I'd choose Wolfgang Puck's. They have the most AMAZING gourmet pizzas and mac and cheese EVER! Columbia Harbour House has deliciousss fish and chips. It's all great no matter where ya end up. You have some great plans! :wizard:

Finding a spot for your daughter to play before Illuminations is a great idea! I know we plan on leaving Epcot for dinner and then coming back to watch Illuminations that night. I haven't planned specifics because I figured we could just wing it and let the kids do whatever they wanted up until the show. I think "Let's get moving" will probably be a better fit for us since we have a 9-year-old and a 2-year-old. (I think it said Pixie Hollow's play area was just for 2-5 year olds.) If I run into you there maybe our families can walk over and watch Illuminations together!

I enjoyed Tarzan Rocks the one time I saw it too! But I have to say Finding Nemo:The Musical was my favorite thing on our last trip. Love, love, love that show!! :goodvibes

To answer your question, unfortunately our trip dates do not overlap. We'll be home before you arrive :(

I have to say your Epcot touring plan is incredible!! Love it!! At AK, I suggest you don't miss the parade. And you have two of my ultimate FAV counter services to choose from that day... Wolfgang Puck's and CHH. If I *had* to pick one I'd choose Wolfgang Puck's. They have the most AMAZING gourmet pizzas and mac and cheese EVER! Columbia Harbour House has deliciousss fish and chips. It's all great no matter where ya end up. You have some great plans! :wizard:

That's a shame that our travel dates don't overlap, but we can still have fun planning together. You must have less than one month left before you leave! Yay for you! :banana:

I remember reading that you loved the Jammin' Jungle Parade. I definitely want to see it again, but I need to tell myself that it is okay to miss some things if it means keeping us all sane and happy.

There's another day that I plan on going to Wolfgang Puck Express, but everything looks so good I thought we might want to go twice! There's also another day we could possibly visit CHH. I'm not a fish eater, but I'm excited to try their sweet tea! :laughing:

Finding a spot for your daughter to play before Illuminations is a great idea! I know we plan on leaving Epcot for dinner and then coming back to watch Illuminations that night. I haven't planned specifics because I figured we could just wing it and let the kids do whatever they wanted up until the show. I think "Let's get moving" will probably be a better fit for us since we have a 9-year-old and a 2-year-old. (I think it said Pixie Hollow's play area was just for 2-5 year olds.) If I run into you there maybe our families can walk over and watch Illuminations together!

I enjoyed Tarzan Rocks the one time I saw it too! But I have to say Finding Nemo:The Musical was my favorite thing on our last trip. Love, love, love that show!! :goodvibes

We'll keep an eye out for you around the play areas! As soon as I pick our "lime green" item, I'll let you know what it is! :thumbsup2

I'm going to try to post the itinerary for the next day if I don't pass out on the keyboard first (long night at work):faint: but I wanted to share some exciting (although non-Disney...) news. I am going gaga!!!!! By that I mean I am going to see Lady Gaga!!! My friend at work got a pre-sale code and was able to buy awesome tickets today! Three of us are travelling to Cleveland to experience the Monster Ball!!!!!!!!! Even a dancing banana could not express my excitement...but I'll throw one in anyway... :banana: Now I have something to help ease the Post Disney Depression I know I will be experiencing when we get back!

Day 3: April 30 (Following "MK Two-Day Touring Plan for Girls Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1" from touringplans.com)

We'll start the day by dragging ourselves out of bed and making every attempt to be on the MK bus by 8:00 AM and arrive at least thirty minutes early.

After rope drop we'll run through the Main Street Bakery to grab breakfast and head straight to Fantasyland and Dumbo! :dumbo: After running the gauntlet of Peter Pan, Pooh, and the Mad Tea Party, we'll check out Mickey's Philharmagic. After that we'll head over to Cinderella's Carousel, which I know DD4 will absolutely LOVE! :lovestruc After experiencing the joy of IASM, we'll head over to Frontierland and see if DD4 is brave enough to try Splash Mountain and BTMR, and we'll check out CBJ.

After that, we plan to head back to POR for a mid-day break and lunch at the Riverside Mill. Then we'll get DD4 cleaned up and ready for her appt. at BBB! princess: After her makeover, we'll check out the JC, Magic Carpets, and Storytime with Belle. Hopefully we'll catch the 5:15 Dream Along with Mickey and eventually make our way to the monorail before park closing. With a little pixie dust :tinker: we'll be able to ride up front.

Next is our ADR at 1900 Park Fare in GF for Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner!!

After dinner we'll probably head back to POR, unless we're feeling extremely energetic and willing to make a trip to Epcot for EMH.

Either this night or the next morning we will also be meeting up with my mom! She lives in Texas but will be flying into Tampa to visit my aunt and uncle the week we are in WDW. She'll be driving over to spend a few days with us, but we're not sure yet if she's going to stay with my cousin in Orlando or get a hotel room near Disney. I tried to add her on to our reservation so she could just stay with us, but no luck there! :confused:

That night we'll go to sleep with visions (nightmares??) of another rope drop at MK in our heads...

Your MK plan sounds great! I think I am going to steal it.:) I have our days planned out to include what parks and ADR but after that it is open. I guess I should check out touring plans.

I am so jealous that you are going to Park Fare. I love the stepsisters and wanted to book it but my daughter said no dinners with mean characters. She can't stand the stepsisters:confused3

Jealous!! My *dream* is to have a daughter and take her to the BBB. Hopefully one day! Also, yummmm 1900 Park Fare! This is one of our favorites. Especially the special desserts you can order...my goodness that mini wedding cake is the most delicious thing ever.

Alsooo.. I love Lady Gaga. Haven't stopped playing her music for over a year now. You'll have an amazing time at that show!!!!:wizard:

Gracious, I miss a couple of days and get behind. Let's see what I wanted to comment on......

If I am remembering correctly, you can get the "1st visit buttons" when you check in at your resort. I know that we were able to get birthday and anniversary buttons when we checked in at the CBR. That will save you a little time at Epcot.

Speaking of Epcot, your plans sound great. As for skipping Honey I Shrunk the Audience but taking your daughter on Test Track, we did that too when our son was little. He loved Test Track but we didn't know if he'd like HISTA.

I also like your Animal Kingdom day plans. I sooooo miss Tarzan Rocks. It was great in our opinion. We could live without the Nemo show but that seems to just be us and not others that I hear from. Hey, I never said we were normal.:lmao:

Cool that you're going to see Lady Gaga. I am sure you're gonna have some jealous posters here.

The Magic Kingdom is our favorite park. When our son was younger, the first place we would head to was Fantasyland.....a little kid's dream!

Awesome Jen that you are seeing Lady Gaga!! It makes me smile because my son Gabe LOVES the song Bad Romance!! He sings along...:rotfl: Your MK look great, if you don't get to stop at the bakery for breakfast be sure to stop in the afternoon for their HUGE homemade ice cream sandwiches...they are to die for!!!:thumbsup2

Your MK plan sounds great! I think I am going to steal it.:) I have our days planned out to include what parks and ADR but after that it is open. I guess I should check out touring plans.

I am so jealous that you are going to Park Fare. I love the stepsisters and wanted to book it but my daughter said no dinners with mean characters. She can't stand the stepsisters:confused3

Feel free to steal my plans! The website has many many many variations to choose from, and if you have the Unofficial Guide to WDW, you receive 50% off the annual subscription (which is only like $8 or $9 anyway.) That is hilarious that your daughter is so selective! I know a certain little girl who is also quite bossy...:rotfl:

Jealous!! My *dream* is to have a daughter and take her to the BBB. Hopefully one day! Also, yummmm 1900 Park Fare! This is one of our favorites. Especially the special desserts you can order...my goodness that mini wedding cake is the most delicious thing ever.

Alsooo.. I love Lady Gaga. Haven't stopped playing her music for over a year now. You'll have an amazing time at that show!!!!:wizard:

Ooooo now I am even more excited to go to the BBB! :Pinkbounc

Since you're a gaga fan, I thought maybe you would appreciate the status my friend posted on facebook the day before he bought our tickets: "I want to be caught in a bad romance while talking on my telephone with the paparazzi taking pictures of my pokerface during my love game, but then I decided to just dance. I hope this left you speechless, the fame is not easy,...it can make you starstruck, but eh eh there's nothing else I can say, but show me your teeth, you monster!"

Gracious, I miss a couple of days and get behind. Let's see what I wanted to comment on......

If I am remembering correctly, you can get the "1st visit buttons" when you check in at your resort. I know that we were able to get birthday and anniversary buttons when we checked in at the CBR. That will save you a little time at Epcot.

Thanks I was wondering about that!!

Speaking of Epcot, your plans sound great. As for skipping Honey I Shrunk the Audience but taking your daughter on Test Track, we did that too when our son was little. He loved Test Track but we didn't know if he'd like HISTA.

Thanks for your support! :rotfl2:

I also like your Animal Kingdom day plans. I sooooo miss Tarzan Rocks. It was great in our opinion. We could live without the Nemo show but that seems to just be us and not others that I hear from. Hey, I never said we were normal.:lmao:

Ummm...what is normal??? :confused3

Cool that you're going to see Lady Gaga. I am sure you're gonna have some jealous posters here.

gaaaagaaaaaa! He he he I'm a little giddy...

The Magic Kingdom is our favorite park. When our son was younger, the first place we would head to was Fantasyland.....a little kid's dream!

Awesome Jen that you are seeing Lady Gaga!! It makes me smile because my son Gabe LOVES the song Bad Romance!! He sings along...:rotfl: Your MK look great, if you don't get to stop at the bakery for breakfast be sure to stop in the afternoon for their HUGE homemade ice cream sandwiches...they are to die for!!!:thumbsup2

I think she is a favorite among the kids! As soon as we got in the car this morning Jilly said, "I want Bad Romance." Even better, the other day she was doing her own mash-up (for all you Glee fans out there)..."Whoa oh oh bad romance..." :lmao:

I told myself I wasn't going to sit on the computer all day, but I just have to add another day's itinerary! Then, I will do my best Cinderella impersonation and start cleaning! :laundy:

Day 4: May 1 (Following "MK Two-Day Touring Plan for Girls Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2" from touringplans.com)

Okay so I realize every day starts with some variation of dragging ourselves out of bed. This may or may not happen, but we can at least try!! (Right??)

So yes, we will once again drag ourselves out of bed and attempt to be on a bus to MK by 8:00 AM, giving us plenty of time to line up for rope drop. After the opening ceremonies we'll make another breakfast stop at the Main Street Bakery and then head straight to Tomorrowland for Buzz and Astro Orbiter.

Next we'll get in line for Toontown Hall of Fame before it opens at 10:00 AM with hopes of seeing both the fairies :tinker: AND the princesses. princess: Next we'll check out Mickey's House and meet the Mouse himself :mickeyjum, ride Goofy's Barnstormer :goofy:, check out Donald's Boat :donald:, and tour Minnie's House::MinnieMo.

After visiting Toontown we'll head back to Tomorrowland to ride the TTA and see the Laugh Floor Comedy Club.

For lunch we'll experience Cosmic Ray's (or Columbia Harbour House if we don't go on Thursday). The rest of the day we'll pretty much just re-visit any attractions we really liked or ride anything we missed. Since my mom should be with us by then, DH and I can also take a spin on SM! We'll also watch the Dream Come True Parade at 3PM and stop by Aloha Isle for our first taste of Dole Whips!! :woohoo: You might enjoy this article about the famous snack: http://zannaland.com/disney-dole-whip-controversy/

Once we've had our fill, we can head back to POR for a little rest and then take the ferry to DTD for dinner. More than likely we will be eating at WPE for the second time! After dinner we'll do a little leisurely shopping and then take the ferry back to POR.

We might actually get a full night's rest so that we can be up for...you guessed it...another rope drop! The next day is DHS (or MGM for those of you who refuse to change the name).

Hello! Jen
I like all your plans they look great! All caught up again...your plans for Jilly sounds great and how wonderful a gift to cover the BBB :yay:

I know what you mean about the computer...I have been reading one or two threads a day trying to keep off the computer...but, today I'm trying to catch up on all. I am so far behind...I have never been this bad at dissing; so, much going on is eating into my dis time... It is an ugly rainy gray day here the kids are playing quietly for the moment so on I read.
:wave2:

Well, since I made it this far, I might as well post the itinerary for our last full day...I mean, our condo's not getting any dirtier while we sit here, right? :rolleyes1

Day 5: May 2 (Following "DHS One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children" from touringplans.com)

For the last time, we'll drag ourselves up and out by 8:00 AM in the hopes of arriving to DHS 30 minutes before rope drop. After the opening ceremonies we'll make the mad rush to TSM with everyone else in the park :dance3:, grab fast passes and get in the standby line!

Then we'll make a quick detour back to Sunset Boulevard and get breakfast at Starring Rolls...I have been dreaming about this cupcake for weeks...http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/

Then we'll head over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid and possibly check out Playhouse Disney Live. If we can convince my mom to take DD4 to the show by herself, DH and I will run over to Star Tours :darth: and then meet up with them at the HISTK play area. I'm having a hard time deciding where to go for lunch, but I'm thinking we'll probably get sandwiches from Studio Catering Co. or Starring Rolls.

After lunch we'll get two FPs for ToT and two for RnR then head back to POR for an afternoon break. After we all feel refreshed, we'll head back to DHS and see B&TB and LMA. We'll also try to squeeze in the Backlot Tour and American Idol (or as DD4 calls it "canidol"). We'll probably eat dinner at Pizza Planet. DD4 can do something with my mom while DH and I ride ToT and RnR with our FPs from earlier and then we'll all meet up for Fantasmic!! :smickey:This is DH's "must-do" for this trip!

After surviving the mad rush to exit Fantasmic, we'll head back to POR for our last night in the World. Day 6 will be our day to revisit our favorite attractions and spend any unused dining or snack credits. We'll try not to cry :sad: as we board the ME (around 5:00 PM) and wave goodbye to the most magical place on Earth...:wave:

Hello! Jen
I like all your plans they look great! All caught up again...your plans for Jilly sounds great and how wonderful a gift to cover the BBB :yay:

I know what you mean about the computer...I have been reading one or two threads a day trying to keep off the computer...but, today I'm trying to catch up on all. I am so far behind...I have never been this bad at dissing; so, much going on is eating into my dis time... It is an ugly rainy gray day here the kids are playing quietly for the moment so on I read.
:wave2:

It's also a gray day here. Yesterday was sunny and 60 degrees, and tonight they're saying there's a chance for snow!! Ugh! I am so ready for some FL sunshine! :sunny:

sounds like a great plan and day 6 sounds like a great day to recover (I wish we were going to have a day to do that this year)...

I was following a TR earlier this year and she made a comment about the ME ride to the airport being the most depressing ride of the entire disney experience...it's funny how its the most exciting when you get there and the one you dread the most when you leave!

Since you're a gaga fan, I thought maybe you would appreciate the status my friend posted on facebook the day before he bought our tickets: "I want to be caught in a bad romance while talking on my telephone with the paparazzi taking pictures of my pokerface during my love game, but then I decided to just dance. I hope this left you speechless, the fame is not easy,...it can make you starstruck, but eh eh there's nothing else I can say, but show me your teeth, you monster!"

:laughing: that is clever!! Love it!!!

Then we'll make a quick detour back to Sunset Boulevard and get breakfast at Starring Rolls...I have been dreaming about this cupcake for weeks...http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2010/02/15/disney-chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcake/

Ohmygoodness! I have a note in our itinerary to stop and get one of these as well! Doesn't that look like the most delicious thing ever? I can't wait!! :woohoo:

Love all your other plans too! :thumbsup2

Just wanted to jump in and say hi! We will be checking into POR on May 2nd, and I also have one DD who is four. We plan on doing EMH at the MK the night of the 2nd. We may run into you at POR before you leave!! :goodvibes

sounds like a great plan and day 6 sounds like a great day to recover (I wish we were going to have a day to do that this year)...

I was following a TR earlier this year and she made a comment about the ME ride to the airport being the most depressing ride of the entire disney experience...it's funny how its the most exciting when you get there and the one you dread the most when you leave!

I'm really not looking forward to the ME trip on the last day...:sad2:...but at least I have Gaga to look forward to!!! 112 Days!! :rotfl:

:laughing: that is clever!! Love it!!!

Glad you liked it too! :banana:

Ohmygoodness! I have a note in our itinerary to stop and get one of these as well! Doesn't that look like the most delicious thing ever? I can't wait!! :woohoo:

Love all your other plans too! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'm getting so excited seeing it all come together! I had to buy a binder today...my Tinkerbell folder is ripping at the seams!

Just wanted to jump in and say hi! We will be checking into POR on May 2nd, and I also have one DD who is four. We plan on doing EMH at the MK the night of the 2nd. We may run into you at POR before you leave!! :goodvibes

Hi Kayce! I spent a lot of time reading some of your PTR (and following a lot of links in the comments)...maybe that's why I was so tired at work today! :rolleyes1 I forgot to post in my Day 5 itinerary that we'll be heading to the MK for EMH if we're not too tired and my mom doesn't mind going back to the resort with Jilly for a bit! Hope to see you guys there!

Oh and I almost forgot, you inspired me to buy some iron-on's today! I think I'm going to do the silhouette like you did, but use a flower instead of a bow for our Epcot day! And I'm sure you already know this but Bella is sooooo stinkin' cute!!! :cutie:

Adorable daughter and family! I can't wait to read about your planning - and hopefully details about your trip when you return! We are thinking about POR in October...

Happy Planning!

Adorable daughter and family! I can't wait to read about your planning - and hopefully details about your trip when you return! We are thinking about POR in October...

Happy Planning!

Thanks and :welcome: to my PTR! I'll be sure to let you know how we like POR, but from what everyone else says, I know that we will both LOVE it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter