Magic Band Shipment

Im in southern CT and it took 15 days and a false "Delivered" notice before it actually arrived yesterday:
0.Davenport FL
1.Ohio
2.PA
3.PA
4.CT
5.NJ
6.CT
7.stayed in the city next to mine for 6/7 days for no apparent reason, CM had no idea why as it was not snowing here until 2 days ago, and only 2 inches:confused3

I found this thread because I had the same question as the OP upon seeing my tracking info. I figured I'd post to add data to what the thread has compiled to far:

1. 16 FEB - Davenport, FL
2. 17 FEB - Glendale Heights, IL
2. 19 FEB - Atlanta, GA

I am in Sarasota, FL; about an hour and a half drive from Davenport. :-)

I found this thread because I had the same question as the OP upon seeing my tracking info. I figured I'd post to add data to what the thread has compiled to far:

1. 16 FEB - Davenport, FL
2. 17 FEB - Glendale Heights, IL
2. 19 FEB - Atlanta, GA

I am in Sarasota, FL; about an hour and a half drive from Davenport. :-)
yes this is normal you should get your MB about 5 to 10 days after it ships but there have been those times I get mine really fast, I think 10 days was the longest

I think the next stop will be Jax. FL for a few days then to your home town

yes this is normal you should get your MB about 5 to 10 days after it ships but there have been those times I get mine really fast, I think 10 days was the longest

Thanks for the information! I'm not really stressed; this is just the first time I happened to pay attention to the tracking, and thought it strange that they send them so far out of their way. I'm mostly interested to see if we end up with the 2.0 Magicbands, or another set of the original style.

you will get the 2.0 MB I too live in FL and it went the same way for me too ( really I think all my 20 something MB when the same way) yes it is odd

USPS parcel post is the slowest method possible. They wait until the truck is full before they leave where they are at. My magic bands stayed stuck in PA for a week this past August. However the shipping tracking never updated when they finally left PA until they were delivered. The funny part was that they shipped my sisters bands UPS 2 day. So she got hers in 2 days and I got mine after about a week and a half for the same trip dates. They will eventually show up, be patient (I know it's hard!).

This is what I am dealing with. Our MBs shipped Tuesday and should be delivered today. My MILs shipped same day and theirs are stuck in IL. I don't understand but I am glad it is normal at least.

FlyingBelle, why would yours ship from Fl? I figured mine for June would ship from Memphis. I am in Chicago about 40 min from Bensenville. I cant wait to see what crazy route mine will take. I am so glad I am reading about this now, I would be a bit concerned if mine got close to home then took a sharp turn away from chicago lol.

FlyingBelle, why would yours ship from Fl? I figured mine for June would ship from Memphis. I am about 40 min from Bensenville. I cant wait to see what crazy route mine will take. I am so glad I am reading about this now, I would be a bit concerned if mine got close to home then took a sharp turn away from chicago lol.
All reports lately have MagicBands shipping from Davenport, FL by a 3rd party called One Stop Mailing. OSM appears to be trucking the packages to IL before turning them over to the USPS.

All reports lately have MagicBands shipping from Davenport, FL by a 3rd party called One Stop Mailing. OSM appears to be trucking the packages to IL before turning them over to the USPS.
oh, It looked like some were originating from Tn and some from Fl. I didnt realize that all were originating in Fl. Thanks

85 miles from Davenport to my home on the West Coast of Florida. 11 days after mailing our bands were out for delivery. Then this?

Edited for follow up. Our Magic Bands were delivered on March 1st. 19 days to travel 85 miles.

Attachments

• SSMB.png
    SSMB.png
    321.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
85 miles from Davenport to my home on the West Coast of Florida. 11 days after mailing our bands were out for delivery. Then this?
Our most recent set traveled around FL a couple of time.

Shipping timeline:
2/3/2017: Davenport, FL (origin)
2/5/2017: Glendale Heights, IL
2/7/2017: Orlando, FL
2/9/2017: Longwood, FL (out for delivery)
2/9/2017: Longwood, FL (returned to PO)
2/10/2017: Jacksonville, FL
2/10/2017: Mid Florida, FL (actually Lake Mary, FL which is a few miles from home)
2/11/2017: Longwood, FL
2/14/2017: MagicBands actually delivered (tracking does not reflect this)
2/14/2017: Jacksonville, FL
2/15/2017: Orlando, FL
2/15/2017: Kissimmee, FL (delivered to Parcel Locker).

Yes, the PO was tracking something even after the MagicBands were physically delivered to my address.

I checked the package that was delivered and there was a label covering the original shipping label which had a different tracking number. Both numbers showed as being delivered to the Parcel Locker in Kissimmee, FL.

I'm curious to see if my Magic Band travels more miles to get to me than I do to get to WDW. I'm in Mid-TN.

We ARE talking USPS here. My experience has been that tracking info says "what you talking 'bout Willis?" For at least two days after Disney says it shipped. Then it will show the order someplace in Indiana, where it will remain until two days after it has been deliver to our house in Oregon, at which time it is magically transported to Las Vegas. I will have my bands for almost a week before USPS tells me they've been delivered.

I've stopped trying to figure it out.

Steve

Our MB delivery was relatively direct from FL to AZ (except the trip to IL first). "Only" took about a week... :)

Screenshot 2017-04-11 14.17.21.png

Yes....this is not uncommon. My MagicBands took a vacation of their own in Memphis last year. They spent 4 days enjoying the food, the blues...and probably toured Graceland. They seemed happy but tired when they finally arrived.

I am anxiously awaiting my magic bands. How can you tell that they are shipped? I would love to track them.
Thank you!!

Mine started out in Davenport, FL, which is about a fifteen minute drive from my house. They went to Illinois, then back to Orlando, then to my local PO for delivery. It took them about four business days and they arrived about three weeks before my trip. I wish they would just let me stop by on my way home from work and pick them up in Davenport. It would save me time and aggravation waiting, and it would save them money. I don't understand why they couldn't just go from Davenport to Orlando either. So far (knocking on wood) I haven't had any bands lost or arriving too late for the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter