Limos, Planes, AND Puke~ OH MY! Allison's Wish Trip Report*3/27 COMPLETED *

;););)
Hi Amy, your kid's are ADORABLE! I will be back to read a bit later, but wanted to let you know I'm here!!

hope you have a great day :hug::)

ok all caught up on your trip posts!
love seeing the kids happy faces with the charactes, yes even grumpy faces too! love the one with Christopher and mickey!

bummer about your camera and not getting photos, at least you made some wonderful happy memories!!!

how cool to get a group photo with all the Marvel characters!

looking forward to reading more when you have time to update!

hoping Allison is feeling better!!!

:welcome: Thanks for coming over. Jonathon did have his moments of pure joy, sometimes the weather overshadowed all of that!! one of his favorites was the marvel characters. They saw Allison's GKTW button and asked if we wanted a meet and greet and took us to a "secret" location. Ha Ha.. it was great!;)

oh my what a year you have had .... hope everyone has been healthier this year :goodvibes

will go check out your new thread!

hope you are having a good weekend :)

Day 5 December 16 Wish upon a star:genie:

Today turned out to be quite a busy and VERY exciting day for more reasons that one!! Early to rise, showers, dressed and off to get some ice cream for breakfast. Next stop the Castle of Miracles. Time for Allison to wish upon a star. Truly a magical moment at Give Kids The World!!

Allison decorating her star
288.jpg

Making her Wish
290.jpg

To this day I still get teary looking at the pictures. I still don't know what she wished for that day, but I certainly hope it came true for her!

Off to see the Disney Characters on the GKTW grounds

291.jpg

292.jpg

297.jpg

Now we are off to Disney Hollywood Studios. The best part, our dear dear friends that moved to Pensacola decided to visit while we are here. And they are meeting us there!!

2010-12-16_09-34-57_304.jpg

2010-12-16_09-37-09_46.jpg

My BFF Julie meeting Christopher for the first time!

305.jpg

The kids after not seeing each other for a year
308.jpg

The kids wanted to ride the Tower of Terror and Rock N' Roller Coaster first. Jonathon even rode the Tower of Terror. Mommy rode the Rock N' Roller coaster. First ride since on the Wish trip.

We waited in front of this Mickey while Daddy got lost.
309.jpg

pixiedust:At least we thought. Turns Out he was getting Alli a little gift.pixiedust:
314.jpg

311.jpg
312.jpg

SO SWEET. Made me cry!:goodvibes

313.jpg

Alli and Christopher meeting Mike
329.jpg

Alli Jonathon and Andrew meeting McQueen and Mater (notice Jonathon's Shirt?)

334.jpg

Alli and jake
353.jpg

It was getting late and we had big plans for the evening. Time to say Goodbye to Julie, Lance, Austin, Miranda, and Andrew until tomorrow!!
357.jpg

WHERE DID WE GO NEXT???? Wait for the next post!!

how fun to meet up with friends :goodvibes

love the necklace Brian bought for his girl :love:

and Amy on a personal note....thank you for signing up to make some blankets for our orphanage...so appreciate it!

Day 5 Decembe:banana::banana::banana::banana:r 16 Wish Upon a Start Part 2

Forgot to post these in the last post...

Photo0185FourBySix.jpg

Photo0218FourBySix.jpg

Photo0203FourBySix.jpg

So we left off as we were leaving DHS. Give Kids The World has many different adventures offered to the wish families staying at the village!! We decided to take advantage of one... INDOOR SKY DIVING!! Everyone except Christopher and I participated. But we did go up to the viewing room and watched everything they did. We got pictures and DVD as part of the package! They All had a BLAST!!

2010-12-16_18-11-32_366.jpg

2010-12-16_18-50-12_126.jpg

2010-12-16_18-51-12_459.jpg

2010-12-16_19-02-50_70.jpg

Sorry the pictures aren't better. What a great day! Such wonderful once in a lifetime memories were made! Back to our villa to order, yes you guessed it... Pizza!!!! Then off to bed. Another busy day tomorrow. Meeting back up with our friends to go to Universal!

Day 6 Back to Universal

Up early again. Although it is getting more and more difficult to get Allison up and moving. By now she is absolutely exhausted. BUT she wants to do it all!! Breakfast is what else??? ICE CREAM. After we got to meet Barney

2010-12-17_09-00-46_702.jpg

After we head to meet our friends at Universal. After our first day, our friends let us know that they have valet parking at Universal and you avoid the walk. WHAT A LIFESAVER!!! We valet parked and we avoided a long walk. Granted you are not at the park entrance, but it is much closer. We started to do some things while we waited for our friends to come.

361.jpg

370.jpg

363.jpg

We met up, the kids rode some rides. We went to the animal show. How fun!!! pixiedust:They had seen Allison's buttons when we walked in and put us in the front row. That was great. We saw it allAndrew, our friend was chosen to to up on stage as part of the act...

389.jpg

It was hysterical. pixiedust:After the show they approached us for a meet and greet with the an animal and the "trainer"pixiedust:

396.jpg

It was dog from "Men in Black"!! Totally cute!! The kids loved it! Next it was parade time! Everyone got a snack.

400.jpg

403.jpg

405.jpg

Time to walk over to Islands of Adventure. We MUST get more BUTTERBEER!!

408.jpg

You get a free picture from Universal and we hadn't gotten ours yet. I wanted to try for a picture of us by the castle. However... JK Rowlings made a rule that no Universal Photo OPs be in WWoHP. Who knew?!?!? Not me. Any way, the kids rode some more rides and headed out.

As we were walking to the valet parking we saw this ...

410.jpg

We said goodbye and headed back to our villa, where we.. YES you guessed ordered pizza!!

I know it doesn't seem like a busy day, but we sure managed to make it that way!! We had a lot of fun.

Sounds like so much fun !! :banana:

What is the GKTW passport ? You went to other parks with it ? I'd love to be able to take Jayden to Six Flags.
Did you have to pay for valet parking at Universal ?

So many questions .. sorry !! :goodvibes

Sounds like so much fun !! :banana:

What is the GKTW passport ? You went to other parks with it ? I'd love to be able to take Jayden to Six Flags.
Did you have to pay for valet parking at Universal ?

So many questions .. sorry !! :goodvibes

The passport is something you get when you check out. I don't want to ruin the surprise.....so I won't say much else. But it was an awesome Good-bye from them!!!

Yes, we paid $25 for the valet. I know it seems like alot and it's not covered with the button like the rest of the parking... But Allison couldn't walk the distance again. There was no way. When we go back this summer we will use valet again. Totally worth it for us!! You don't have much time left... I would have butterflies, actually I have them for you thinking about it and looking at your ticker!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I love Universal, but that walk from the parking deck is a killer and I don't blame you one bit for using valet! I LOVE the pics, it really is a fun park...once you get inside. You KNEW I would be by to decorate...didn't you???? ON my way to your PTR next! :goodvibes

I love Universal, but that walk from the parking deck is a killer and I don't blame you one bit for using valet! I LOVE the pics, it really is a fun park...once you get inside. You KNEW I would be by to decorate...didn't you???? ON my way to your PTR next! :goodvibes

We totally intend to use valet again. Allison will likely be in a wheelchair this time around, but then we have Jonathon. Thanks for stopping by. We were out of town to visit my nephew for his birthday!!

We totally intend to use valet again. Allison will likely be in a wheelchair this time around, but then we have Jonathon. Thanks for stopping by. We were out of town to visit my nephew for his birthday!!

I don't blame you a bit Amy, I would do whatever it takes to help her have a better trip! I was re=reading your TR last night, and was saddened by all of the wish trippers who no longer post. I haven't had that post Disney let down, I haven't had time...my point??? I am THRILLED you are back and have had some time to DIS lately. And SO happy you and Andrea have met IRL!!! NOW, I want to know if you will be coming through Charlotte on your way to Florida??? Just saying....:rolleyes1

OK, I finally made it over to read you TR and I have to say I'm glad I waited to spring of 2012 to do so :lmao:

Seriously, I didn't realize all you've been through with the kids illness wise, so it is perfectly understandable. I did admire the floors in your house though -- I don't think I commented on them while I was over there but with a cat throwing up all over house and dogs having *accidents* I want to hardwood our entire house. DH hates hardwood. On Friday you will see what I did to our DR though while he was deployed.

Anyway, I love your TR and the pics you have of Alli are great -- she's always smiling :) It seems like you were with Christopher too much to have fun for yourself -- I hope in June you get to enjoy some things as well. I know you are like me and are just happy seeing your kids have fun, but you've been through a lot and need a vacation too.

Now I'm off to read your new ptr -- it's too cold today to do yard work -- we should have gotten together today to sew! Or I should be embroidering that shirt for my dd -- you know, the one I've been talking about for days now. Or I should be cleaning, but I always put that on the back burner.

I don't blame you a bit Amy, I would do whatever it takes to help her have a better trip! I was re=reading your TR last night, and was saddened by all of the wish trippers who no longer post. I haven't had that post Disney let down, I haven't had time...my point??? I am THRILLED you are back and have had some time to DIS lately. And SO happy you and Andrea have met IRL!!! NOW, I want to know if you will be coming through Charlotte on your way to Florida??? Just saying....:rolleyes1
:lmao: Too funny Judy!! We are going 95, not sure if that goes through Charlotte or not. BUT.. We are driving through the night after Allison's and Skyes dance recital. I dont think you want that kind of visit. Where are you in relation to Victory Junction?? PM me.

It's really my own fault I have lost some followers. I took entirely too long to write my report. I have been dragging my feet a little to write the last day. I was trying to savor it as much as possible. :confused3 Guess it's time to just do it.:surfweb:

OK, I finally made it over to read you TR and I have to say I'm glad I waited to spring of 2012 to do so :lmao:

Seriously, I didn't realize all you've been through with the kids illness wise, so it is perfectly understandable. I did admire the floors in your house though -- I don't think I commented on them while I was over there but with a cat throwing up all over house and dogs having *accidents* I want to hardwood our entire house. DH hates hardwood. On Friday you will see what I did to our DR though while he was deployed.

Anyway, I love your TR and the pics you have of Alli are great -- she's always smiling :) It seems like you were with Christopher too much to have fun for yourself -- I hope in June you get to enjoy some things as well. I know you are like me and are just happy seeing your kids have fun, but you've been through a lot and need a vacation too.

Now I'm off to read your new ptr -- it's too cold today to do yard work -- we should have gotten together today to sew! Or I should be embroidering that shirt for my dd -- you know, the one I've been talking about for days now. Or I should be cleaning, but I always put that on the back burner.

:welcome: Its about time you came over! :hourglass

Christopher and I were almost inseparable. Literally... But that's ok. I lost a few months after he was born, and it was our time to reconnect. It was bitter cold most of the week and it kept both of us warm. I wasn't interested in doing much but watch the kids. I have to say, this time I am ready to try out some rides..:scared1: Hope I don't freak out!!

Day 7- The trip is coming to end

This day starts with a list of emotions. Allison got the wish of her lifetime and had a great week!!:goodvibes BUT, it was coming to an end and we would soon be back to reality!:sad1: Brian and I got up early, to finish packing and getting everyone situated. We planned to stay at the Village and explore since we really hadn't the whole time we were there. After breakfast we were planning to have our friends come visit and say good bye. So off to the Gingerbread House we went.

412.jpg

411.jpg
WE had our breakfast and headed to the House of Hearts to weigh our luggage, since we were over on the way. We were good. Our friends showed up and we visited for a little bit. The kids played and talked. Brian and I checked out and our goodbye package was fantastic!! They continue to treat you wonderfully even after you leave!:goodvibes:goodvibes We said our goodbyes and watched our friends leave with a heavy heart. We didn't know how long until we saw them again

No time to have a pity party. We had things to see and ice cream to eat before we needed to head back to the airport.

It was raining a bit so we put on our ponchos and headed to the Amberville Train Station. The train was running, but there was plenty for everyone tody!
415.jpg

419.jpg

Driving RC boats.
423-1.jpg

424-1.jpg

425-1.jpg

428-1.jpg

434-1.jpg

Off to the Icr Cream Palace. We stopped to see the sights along the way.

Too many images, so I must do another post!

Day 7- Going Home Part 2

435-1.jpg

436-1.jpg

438-1.jpg

441-1.jpg

444-1.jpg

445-1.jpg

After our last ice cream we headed to the Castle of Miracles to see Allison's Start and to see the Pillow Tree

446-1.jpg

447-1.jpg

450-1.jpg

:wizard:ALLISON"S STAR:wizard:
451-1.jpg

Off to the pillow tree, Allison shares this with Jonathon

456-1.jpg

458-1.jpg

461-1.jpg

470-1.jpg

A few more minutes to play...

475-1.jpg

And it's time to say good bye. Of to the airport we go. Let me tell you, they are way busier and took us much LONGER to get through security than when we left our little airport! It took a while but we made it on the flight just in time!!

480-1.jpg

Bye-Bye GIVE KIDS THE WORLD, BYE-BYE Orlando. We are going to miss you so much!!

Many thanks to everyone that followed and helped to make Allison's trip special! Sorry it took so long! Thanks DISBOARDS, THank you DISboutiquers, Thank you MAke-A-Wish, Thank you GIVE KIDS THE WORLD!!!!:worship::worship::worship:
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Awe what a great trip !! Glad your family had such a wonderful time. We are all so excited for our trip !!
Thanks for sharing yours with us !! :goodvibes

what a perfect way to end Allison's trip!

now you have the next one to look forward too and will make many more memories!

since we will be gone wanted to send this to you all...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter