Limos, Planes, AND Puke~ OH MY! Allison's Wish Trip Report*3/27 COMPLETED *

I have enjoyed your report and am subbing in. My DS11 has been having problems since May and the dr. has all but confirmed that it is Crohn's. Would you mind sharing what treatments you have tried? Feel free to PM me.
Loved the Harry Potter report, DS is a huge fan and we want to go next summer. How exciting for Alli to be picked. What a great Mom you are to make it happen.

It's been a busy couple weeks with appointments. I haven't been on the computer much and really only checking from my phone. I just spent the last 2 and 1/2 hours catching up on those threads I have subscribed to..... Now the little one is up (sick) so I won't be able to catch up on this one. Hopefully tomorrow! :confused3

I have enjoyed your report and am subbing in. My DS11 has been having problems since May and the dr. has all but confirmed that it is Crohn's. Would you mind sharing what treatments you have tried? Feel free to PM me.
Loved the Harry Potter report, DS is a huge fan and we want to go next summer. How exciting for Alli to be picked. What a great Mom you are to make it happen.

:welcome: I will have to look back to see all the treatments. Off the top of my head I remember Pentasa, Prednisone, 6MP, Infliximab, Prevacid, Hydrocortisone, Zyrtec, Claritin..... There have been so many meds that when they change I put the old in the back of my brain.:eek: If you have specific questions, please PM me. I am all about finding people that know what it's like.

Thanks for the compliment. We LOVE Harry Potter and we ALL had a blast!

:wave2: HI!!! Sorry I haven't added any more days. We have had plenty of sickies :sick:around here. Allison's chronic sinus issues and productive cough are back with a vengence. She is feeling pretty poorly, and has little energy. She stayed home 2 days this week. (after just getting her excessive absences waived from the first semeste:eek:r) I called her GI doctor and he is making some changes to her treatment plan. We are at an impass temporarily. Kind of the chicken and egg situation. Is the Crohn's causing her to not be able to fight the chronic infections, or are the chronic infections causing the flare ups, or is all of making everything worse??

SO, she is now scheduled for sinus surgery since we have been playing with meds for a while and her 2nd CT is no better than the first. The dr actually said he has never seen a 12 year old with such bad sinus disease before. She was to have her treatment that week, but the GI dr wants her to get a week earlier. It's been suggested we see if she can be admitted instead of same day for the surgery since last procedure that was done under anesthesia was much less invasive and she was back that day in the ER with complications. So needless to say, I am a bit worried.

Jonathon (4) woke up with croup like symptoms. He seems to old to me for croup, and he gets it so frequently we took him to the peds. Well, he is too old for croup....and they think it's asthma. So we have a follow up for that next week.

The baby went in for his 9 month check up and we found out he isn't gaining the weight he should be. He started to have feeding problems again while on Alli's wish trip. (he had feeding issues and weight issues at birth and had feeding therapy for over 2 months before) The therapist came back out today and is recommending ongoing therapy as well as a swallow study. He follows up next week to see if he has gained. He has been having a lot of URI as well! :sad2:

Just seems if it's not one thing it's another. Promise to get back on here and get my TR going again!! Thanks for sticking it out with me!

Oh Amy, it sounds like you've got more than enough going on. Sending a big hug to you and the family. :grouphug:

Let us know how Ally is doing after her surgery, if you can. Poor Jonathon and Christopher. I'm hoping things will be getting brighter for you.

I love your Harry Potter day. I'm so glad Allison was picked. What is Butterbeer? I keep hearing about it but never saw it before.

I'm sorry everyone is sick. I hope the sinus surgery goes well. Thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for thinking of us! It's been a busy few weeks with appointments. We are also preparing the house for Allison after her surgery..... in other words...spring cleaning and ripping up carpetr. Trying to find a good air purifier as well. Jonathon has had a terrible time as well lately with his asthma symptoms. Hope to have carpet done tonight so will have some time to catch up with everyone and maybe get our tr done! Hope everyone has stayed healthy and anyone already on their trip had a BLAST!:goodvibes

Thank you for thinking of us! It's been a busy few weeks with appointments. We are also preparing the house for Allison after her surgery..... in other words...spring cleaning and ripping up carpetr. Trying to find a good air purifier as well. Jonathon has had a terrible time as well lately with his asthma symptoms. Hope to have carpet done tonight so will have some time to catch up with everyone and maybe get our tr done! Hope everyone has stayed healthy and anyone already on their trip had a BLAST!:goodvibes

I am still here whenever you have time to update! Rachel has asthma, so I understand. :hug::grouphug::hug: to everyone, I know you are busy!!

I am still here whenever you have time to update! Rachel has asthma, so I understand. :hug::grouphug::hug: to everyone, I know you are busy!!

Thank you. Tomorrow is the big day. Momma is nervous but she is fine. Will get back to posting once all is better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter