Life Could Be a Dream- A May 2011 PTR

Looks like your plans are coming together well! I'm so happy that you decided to go with park tickets, I think you're going to have such a fun trip!

Those AP are going to come in handy, but I'm warning you, they can be hazardous to your wallet. Once you have the tickets, its really easy to rationalize a trip when you see a good room deal....;)

I remember when we moved to Florida, I talked DH into APs because of "all the money we would save". One year I went so much it worked out to $3 a day, so I guess you could look at that as a bargain, but that doesn't take into account all the extra hotel rooms, food, trading pins....:rolleyes1

I also like your plans for dinner! Its so funny to read your strategy, because I find myself thinking the same way whenever we leave the house! :) Do you have a carrier like a Becco or Ergo you can take along? That way maybe you could carry Landon, but still have your hands free. It would just another option for dealing the logistics of getting food, two highchairs and two boys to the table.

They do have to go containers or ways to package it to go...if you get something like the alfredo that you mentioned, I would definetly put it somewhere that it can sit with a surface underneath. I wouldn't hang it from the stroller...I have a feeling you would have half of the alfredo in your bag when you reach your destination :rotfl:

Wedding planning has kind of come to a halt at this point. We have the reception place booked, but I didn't put a deposit on the church yet. One of the moms of a former student (the family = huge Disney fans too!) sent me a link to this special that Disney is having for a 6 person wedding (incl the couple) for $1991. It really is tempting ...

I think the greatest part of your update about whether or not you'll even be able to go is that you had me at the edge of my seat despite the fact that we all know you're going or you wouldn't have started this PTR! I wouldn't be surprised if I use you as an example of what good writing is all about when I'm talking to my students. Even though we may know how stories will turn out, we read it anyway for the sake of reading!

Hehe, I love that Carter can eat a whole McGriddle by himself. Things like that are vacation only for us too! Gotta enjoy it while you can! I like that you planned out things to do for the kiddies when you're driving alone. Milkshake to the rescue can be a great last resort!

DSCI0078.JPG

I am SO in love with this picture. :love:

No, the Reservation people are NOT the most knowledgable (for many months after CSR got queen beds, they kept telling people they were the same beds as the values and other moderates).

Your plans are sounding great and you and the boys will do great on your own at the beginning).

You DO NOT want to let either of your kids eat the Tye Dye cheesecake with their hands. It has SOOOOOO much food coloring in it that it can stain things pretty bad(live and learn). Don't be alarmed by colorful POO the next day either. It actually is not all that spectaular, but it is fun and the reason we always got it!

As a non-parent I am curious, why take the umbrella stroller instead of the double? I would expect having both boys strapped in would make meal managment easier? :confused3 You are the master of these thing, I am just wondering.:flower3:

Lots of great plans taking shape! YES, POP does have to-go containers. Just ask! I'm pretty sure they can even put them in a bag for you.

I am loving that you get to upgrade to APs. NIce!

Awesome plans, you're really good at this! ;) Yay for Annual Passes and the free dining plan!:thumbsup2

I'm sure someone helpful out there know if they have bags for take out and juice in the fountain. All I know is at the Poly, in the fountain, they did not have juice or water, besides the sink for mug washing. The closest thing they had to juice was Powerade? Maybe Hi-C fruit punch? They did have bags, and lids for carry out food (Did we have to ask? My poor memory). The Pop might be different of course...

Thanks! I'm really glad we decided to go ahead and get the Annual Passes and the free dining plan. It will be more fun to go to the parks.

Carter loves drinking from a refillable mug, so I was hoping there would be a good fountain drink for him. He'd probably like Powerade or punch just fine, but I'd rather he stuck to juice or milk. Maybe he won't like the new design of the mugs. :rotfl:

No milk or juice at the fountain, just Hi-C and powerade as was mentioned. I'm pretty sure they have whole milk, but I'm just guessing. We always go with 1% for the boys. They have containers for the food, but the carry-out type bags aren't the best. The bottoms aren't flat. They're more like the rest of Disney's bag, but longer, if that makes sense. We've used them before without any major issues so I think you'll be fine.

Sounds like the plans are coming together pretty well! I love how you're writing this, so planned and full of positive thinking. I hope everything goes perfectly, though I know how that works with little ones!

I'm so excited for you and can't believe how close it is to another trip!

Okay, thanks, that's good to know. I'll figure on the refillable mugs not being the best choice for the boys. Actually, maybe what I should do, is buy them each a new sippy cup with lots of Disney characters on it and pull them out at the same time I get the refillable mugs. That way, they'd have cool new cups, too.

I'm pretty sure it won't go perfectly, but that's okay. I bet we will manage to have some fun still. It sure is coming up quickly. :)

Your plans are sounding great!!! :cool1:

Thanks! I think it's going to be a fun trip! :goodvibes

Looks like your plans are coming together well! I'm so happy that you decided to go with park tickets, I think you're going to have such a fun trip!

Those AP are going to come in handy, but I'm warning you, they can be hazardous to your wallet. Once you have the tickets, its really easy to rationalize a trip when you see a good room deal....;)

I remember when we moved to Florida, I talked DH into APs because of "all the money we would save". One year I went so much it worked out to $3 a day, so I guess you could look at that as a bargain, but that doesn't take into account all the extra hotel rooms, food, trading pins....:rolleyes1

I also like your plans for dinner! Its so funny to read your strategy, because I find myself thinking the same way whenever we leave the house! :) Do you have a carrier like a Becco or Ergo you can take along? That way maybe you could carry Landon, but still have your hands free. It would just another option for dealing the logistics of getting food, two highchairs and two boys to the table.

I do feel very good about the decision to go with park tickets. It will be a lot more fun to be able to go where ever we like. The trip is coming together nicely, if at the last minute.

I can definitely see the danger in having APs, but I'm counting on the 10 hour drive to be enough of a barrier that we won't go crazy. Although, I admit, I am already thinking about another Christmas trip. Just a short one, to see all the decorations.

Oh and maybe a really good AP discount will come out and we'll stay at the Wilderness Lodge or even the Polynesian! These Annual Passes will come in so useful. :rotfl:

I don't have an Ergo or a Becco carrier for Landon. I had some sort of carrier for him, but that one was only good for about twenty pounds and he outgrew it. He has his sling, still, but he's taken to flinging himself head first in an attempt to get out, which just makes me nervous. :scared1:

They do have to go containers or ways to package it to go...if you get something like the alfredo that you mentioned, I would definetly put it somewhere that it can sit with a surface underneath. I wouldn't hang it from the stroller...I have a feeling you would have half of the alfredo in your bag when you reach your destination :rotfl:

Luckily, the stroller has a very handy little storage area underneath the seat, so I should be able to stick a to go container there with no problems. I definitely don't want to get the boys all settled and ready to eat only to find dinner spilled all over the bag. :laughing:

Wedding planning has kind of come to a halt at this point. We have the reception place booked, but I didn't put a deposit on the church yet. One of the moms of a former student (the family = huge Disney fans too!) sent me a link to this special that Disney is having for a 6 person wedding (incl the couple) for $1991. It really is tempting ...

I think the greatest part of your update about whether or not you'll even be able to go is that you had me at the edge of my seat despite the fact that we all know you're going or you wouldn't have started this PTR! I wouldn't be surprised if I use you as an example of what good writing is all about when I'm talking to my students. Even though we may know how stories will turn out, we read it anyway for the sake of reading!

Hehe, I love that Carter can eat a whole McGriddle by himself. Things like that are vacation only for us too! Gotta enjoy it while you can! I like that you planned out things to do for the kiddies when you're driving alone. Milkshake to the rescue can be a great last resort!

Ooh, a Disney wedding! I think I would have been tempted, too. But six people is so few. It would be hard to be so exclusive. But it would be so magical to get married right at Disney. :love:

I actually thought about that when I was writing it- that obviously the trip was on, or I wouldn't be writing a PTR. :rotfl: I'm glad to hear that knowing the ending didn't ruin it, though. I'd be honored to be an example of good writing for your student. :)

Carter and Landon both are astounding at times, with the amount of food they can eat. I think that the drive alone with the boys is one of the things that makes me the most nervous. If they drop a toy or want something else, I won't be able to help them without pulling off and stopping. I just hope nobody drops his milkshake! :laughing:

I am SO in love with this picture. :love:

No, the Reservation people are NOT the most knowledgable (for many months after CSR got queen beds, they kept telling people they were the same beds as the values and other moderates).

Your plans are sounding great and you and the boys will do great on your own at the beginning).

Thanks! I like how Landon and I look very happy in that one. :)

I was glad to get to talk to someone at Reservations who seemed to know her stuff, for once. It is more common to get someone who's information is incorrect.

I sure hope we do great when it's just us. I think it has to be more fun than staying home, by a lot.

You DO NOT want to let either of your kids eat the Tye Dye cheesecake with their hands. It has SOOOOOO much food coloring in it that it can stain things pretty bad(live and learn). Don't be alarmed by colorful POO the next day either. It actually is not all that spectaular, but it is fun and the reason we always got it!

I hadn't even considered that the Tie Dye cheesecake might make a mess with all those colors. Landon will be disappointed to not get to eat it with his hands, but he'll have to accept bites by fork like the rest of us. :rotfl: It does look like a lot of fun.

As a non-parent I am curious, why take the umbrella stroller instead of the double? I would expect having both boys strapped in would make meal managment easier? :confused3 You are the master of these thing, I am just wondering.:flower3:

There are probably double strollers out there which would be easier to take than just an umbrella. Unfortunately, that's not my double stroller. I got my double stroller from my brother when his kids outgrew it, so it's getting very worn. It's also really hard to push and steer and it's big and awkward.

There's very little storage capacity on my double stroller, so I'm left with hanging bags from the handlebars. It's also too heavy to push one handed.

My Graco Ipo, on the other hand, is new and lightweight and easy to push one-handed and drives like a dream. Carter is also one of the most reliable two-year-olds you'll ever meet. He goes where I tell him to and he stops when I ask him to and he knows not to go out of sight, so he's not likely to be a problem walking.

All things considered, the additional storage and the extra hand to carry food seems worth having Carter not strapped in. :thumbsup2

Looks like everything is just falling into place!! Perfect plan to upgrade to annual passes too!

I'm very excited about those annual passes. I haven't been a passholder since Jeremy and I got married almost five years ago. There's just something so nice about having passes. :goodvibes

Lots of great plans taking shape! YES, POP does have to-go containers. Just ask! I'm pretty sure they can even put them in a bag for you.

I am loving that you get to upgrade to APs. NIce!

Good to know they will have bags and to-go containers. That should help us. That dinner should be the most complicated part of the trip, so if I can manage that somehow, everything else should get easier.

We were looking at our Disney history since Landon was born and if we had gotten APs at any point, we would have saved money on tickets, so we decided to just do it this time and hope it pays off. I have a good feeling about it. :yay:

Kate, I think Day 2 plans start great so far. Yes, and do not forget the shoes when digging. ;)

I'm not sure where to picnic at AK; we usually leave by 1 p.m. and always eat at Flame Tree Barbecue.

Is the via the little single serve instant stuff? If so, them I thought it was awful!! I drink starbucks every day at work but couldn't finish a cup of the instant.

I feel you on trying to sit somewhere near the highchairs. I always have to find somewhere next to a restroom for my dd. If I take them somewhere by myself she always has to go twice at least. They never seem to put thehighchairs near the restrooms.

They make a Graco IPO double!!! It is nice! I could not imagine going without a double stroller if my kids were that , your brave! A sit and stand would be lovely for you! My Jack was the same way and always listened really well, until the day he didn't. He took off and I kept telling him to come back and he kept getting farther and farther away.....then he took off for the door the grocery store and I had to leave the checout lady standing there....scared the crap outta me! Thank Goodness it was a passing phase and he is back to agreeable. A few months of ALWAYS being in the cart sorted him out....LOL

Really though around large crowds like Disney most kids are intimidated enough to stay close.

Being at Disney with a stroller you don't like is the PITS. It has been one of my BIG headaches each trip, what stoller to take.

Kate, if it makes you feel any better, I do not have a single friend who even begins to understand my Disney obsession, let alone one who shares it! :lmao: Your plans look great. :thumbsup2 I didn't know that Babycare centers were that nice. I should keep that in mind this time, in case of any meltdowns.

I love your AK plans! It looks like you are going to have a great day! :lovestruc

Oh the woes of a double stroller. I hate to admit this, but I'm dragging my feet about having a second child partly because I don't want to have to deal with double stroller drama! Have you even considered renting a stroller? I do like the double city minis, they steer well, have decent storage, good sized sunshades and would be great for your two boys, and you can get them through Orlando stroller rentals. I've heard good things about the company, and I know they'll deliver right to the resort. It would be more expensive than bringing your own, but the cost may be worth it to save the hassle with a difficult stroller when you are going to be alone.

Your Day 2 plans look great, it's nice that they have those walking trails so you don't have to worry about taking the boys in and out of the stroller too much!

I've heard about having picnics in AK, but I don't really know too much about it, it sounds like fun! :banana:

And LOL, I'm so glad Landon will be wearing shoes this time! :rotfl:

Kate, I think Day 2 plans start great so far. Yes, and do not forget the shoes when digging. ;)

I'm not sure where to picnic at AK; we usually leave by 1 p.m. and always eat at Flame Tree Barbecue.

I'm actually looking forward to spending some time at AK with the boys. And yes, I'll remember Landon's shoes this time. :rotfl:

I love Flame Tree Barbecue. Maybe we'll end up there in October. :goodvibes

:lmao: Good plan! No help on anything. I don't know AK. That cracked me up though. :rotfl:

I'm surprised you all don't go to AK more. My boys always have a lot of fun there. Especially wearing shoes. :laughing:

Is the via the little single serve instant stuff? If so, them I thought it was awful!! I drink starbucks every day at work but couldn't finish a cup of the instant.

I feel you on trying to sit somewhere near the highchairs. I always have to find somewhere next to a restroom for my dd. If I take them somewhere by myself she always has to go twice at least. They never seem to put thehighchairs near the restrooms.

Yes, the single serve instant stuff. I'm not surprised to hear it's awful. I was hoping it was good, since that would be an easy way to get my coffee every morning, but I'm probably better off getting coffee another way.

That's true, there aren't very many places with the high chairs next to the strollers. At least I don't have to worry about being near the restrooms, yet. :rotfl:

:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2: I know I'm not the first to comment on this, but it made me laugh.

Your plans look great so far... just hoping that Landon and Carter have the same plans that you do!
:thumbsup2

I'm always pleased to hear my humor is appreciated. :rotfl:

I hope Carter and Landon have the same plans, too. Maybe I should start holding daily meetings to go over our itinerary and make sure everyone's got the plan down.

They make a Graco IPO double!!! It is nice! I could not imagine going without a double stroller if my kids were that , your brave! A sit and stand would be lovely for you! My Jack was the same way and always listened really well, until the day he didn't. He took off and I kept telling him to come back and he kept getting farther and farther away.....then he took off for the door the grocery store and I had to leave the checout lady standing there....scared the crap outta me! Thank Goodness it was a passing phase and he is back to agreeable. A few months of ALWAYS being in the cart sorted him out....LOL

Really though around large crowds like Disney most kids are intimidated enough to stay close.

Being at Disney with a stroller you don't like is the PITS. It has been one of my BIG headaches each trip, what stoller to take.

I seriously considered the Graco Ipo double when I was stroller shopping, but I thought it would be better to have two singles. Sometimes, I go out with just one boy and then it's nice to have a single stroller. And it's nice when Jeremy and I are out together and want to split up. And it's easier to maneuver through the aisles.

I thought about a Sit and Stand, too, but I figured Landon would want to Stand and Carter would want to Sit and then, I'd feel silly. :laughing:

Yikes, I sure hope Carter doesn't pick Disney to start running off. I don't think he would, as long as I make sure to explain where he can and cannot go before we start. But if he does start going too far and not coming back, I have a back up plan.

I have four strollers, including two sets of umbrella strollers, yet none of them are exactly what I want for Disney. I'm sort of resigned to picked the least troublesome stroller.

Kate, if it makes you feel any better, I do not have a single friend who even begins to understand my Disney obsession, let alone one who shares it! :lmao: Your plans look great. :thumbsup2 I didn't know that Babycare centers were that nice. I should keep that in mind this time, in case of any meltdowns.

That does make me feel better, thanks. :laughing: I have friends who like Disney, but none of them are quite as into it as I am.

The Baby Care Centers are a great escape, in case of meltdowns. It's good to get a break from the weather and to sit for a bit. Of course, the one at Animal Kingdom is the nicest. The ones at the other parks are smaller and more crowded.

I love your AK plans! It looks like you are going to have a great day! :lovestruc

Oh the woes of a double stroller. I hate to admit this, but I'm dragging my feet about having a second child partly because I don't want to have to deal with double stroller drama! Have you even considered renting a stroller? I do like the double city minis, they steer well, have decent storage, good sized sunshades and would be great for your two boys, and you can get them through Orlando stroller rentals. I've heard good things about the company, and I know they'll deliver right to the resort. It would be more expensive than bringing your own, but the cost may be worth it to save the hassle with a difficult stroller when you are going to be alone.

Thanks! I think we will have a great day.

The double stroller drama is just a small annoyance, really. :rotfl: For me, it definitely wouldn't have been worth putting off having a second child. Having two close in age is certainly an adventure.

I had not considered renting a good double stroller, but that's not a bad idea. I'll probably look into that, although I suspect I won't be able to justify the extra cost for something that I have four of at home. But it would be nice to have a more comfortable double stroller. Good idea, anyway. :thumbsup2

Your Day 2 plans look great, it's nice that they have those walking trails so you don't have to worry about taking the boys in and out of the stroller too much!

I've heard about having picnics in AK, but I don't really know too much about it, it sounds like fun! :banana:

And LOL, I'm so glad Landon will be wearing shoes this time! :rotfl:

Those walking trails are perfect for strollers. The animals are interesting to the boys, but I don't have to try to get everyone unloaded or wait in line.

I've never known too much about picnicking at AK either, but I think it will be my best option with the boys. No other diners to worry about bothering and no unwieldy tray of food to balance.

Yes, Landon will definitely be wearing his shoes to the Digsite. He's not getting kicked out twice. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter