Life’s too short...to never sleep in a treehouse! 8/27 TR is up! Link in siggie

Ok, just so I am clear. The gelato is at the marketplace, not at B&C?

Can't I have BOTH?

:)

I am slightly concerned though that your husband climbed a mountain and you don't know where it is.

:rotfl:

Well I figure its a given you are going to B&C - :rolleyes1 was that too dramatic a request? :rolleyes1

Yes, Gelato is in the BC Marketplace - I suggest as you walk over to or from Epcot (depending on time and proper stomach readiness!) stop in for your Gelato fix...

I should warn you - when you check in - get the lay of the "land" and find where B&C Marketplace is - just wander in, and they will give you samples - free . lots. WARNING... Gelato may become addictive!! ;)

LOVE the shots of my home stomping grounds. My hubby is a hobby mountaineer, and has climbed most of those peaks. The only one he hasn't "conquered" is the sisters because his climbing partners were ill-equipped dopeheads. Ah well.

:rotfl: I guess I shouldnt laugh, because I first read it as "Deadheads" then realized you were probably serious about the dope - and that's just sad!

Well now I see my dh and your dh would get along in a mountain gear discussion!!

Cynthia you mean I was supposed to pay attention to all that talk about which side or which face he went up? We have priced airline tickets to go back - and camp at the base of Mt Ranier while dh does his thing - we are camping people - the kind where we bring tents - but I bring an air mattress - so I guess I am a camping snob!! DH sleeps in a tent the size of a coffin... I guess I shouldnt joke about that... :rolleyes1

LOVE the shots of my home stomping grounds. My hubby is a hobby mountaineer, and has climbed most of those peaks. The only one he hasn't "conquered" is the sisters because his climbing partners were ill-equipped dopeheads. Ah well.

I didn't realize you were a NW girl! Yeah! There actually aren't that many on the DIS it seems. A sprinkling....

CA doesn't count.

Oh that's sad....reminds me of some crazy stories my old boss used to tell me. He'd go hiking once a year, with 2 friends on this crazy week long trek (and it is going to drive me nuts while I try to remember where it was) but suffice to say it was NOT an easy place to get to, for the trailhead. One of his hiking partners was a guy he'd only see once a year, for this hike. A recluse. He'd show up without shoes....no gear, improper clothing and once wandered off.

they lost him for about a week that time I think.

And yet, they'd still hike with him again the following summer. Every year.

:confused3

It did make for good stories!

I'd love to climb the Sisters, it's on our list. It's a long list. Right now Mt Dickerman is our favorite hike, we are gearing the kids up, they made it to the top of Mt. Si this summer, even Eric!

I wouldn't call us mountaineers though, just hikers who don't get to go nearly as often as we'd like.

Loving the pictures!!! FFIL used to fly planes. He sold his a few years ago when he just couldn't afford the maintenance cost anymore.

I haven't tried the gelato yet, but um yea...why can't you have both:rotfl: My kinda thinking!!:thumbsup2

Hi Amanda! How many days till your PS? Exciting :)

Thankfully I expect, no wait I demand, that Jeff will be doing all of his own maintenance. His car's bad enough!

For now the renting is a good option although you can get a 1/10 share or something like that and it is more reasonable as well. There is no way we could do this if he wasn't building it. My big concern and what Jeff is avoiding finding out (or has and is strategically....slowly letting me know) is what the hangar costs will be. We don't need a hangar and there is a seaplane base about one mile from our house and Jeff is convinced it will be less since they won't have to lift it out of the water for him (his plane can drive right out, it's trippy!).

But still...I have a feeling it's going to be like a car payment :scared1: Good thing it will take the man 2-3 years to build!

Well I figure its a given you are going to B&C - :rolleyes1 was that too dramatic a request? :rolleyes1

Yes, Gelato is in the BC Marketplace - I suggest as you walk over to or from Epcot (depending on time and proper stomach readiness!) stop in for your Gelato fix...

I should warn you - when you check in - get the lay of the "land" and find where B&C Marketplace is - just wander in, and they will give you samples - free . lots. WARNING... Gelato may become addictive!! ;)

Cynthia you mean I was supposed to pay attention to all that talk about which side or which face he went up? We have priced airline tickets to go back - and camp at the base of Mt Ranier while dh does his thing - we are camping people - the kind where we bring tents - but I bring an air mattress - so I guess I am a camping snob!! DH sleeps in a tent the size of a coffin... I guess I shouldnt joke about that... :rolleyes1

I love Gelato. Reminds me of Italy. And my old office, we had an amazing Gelato shop on the street level. In the fall they'd have pumpkin gelato. Which might sound odd but

Ahhhhh

Sigh.........

It's vacation, I can handle Gelato. Daily.

In fact, I might have to list it on the "must do's"

With the occasional departure for a Mickey Bar.

Definitely shop your tickets, it can be pricey to fly here (and out) or a deal, it's crazy the swings. I grew up camping at Mt. Ranier, have a lot of fondness for the Cougar Rock campground in particular. We took the kids there for a week a few years ago...now there are some funny pics! Short day hikes only though and we got hit with some serious rain!

We do air mattresses these days as well. "car camp"

Which compared to an RV is real camping but compared to putting it all on your back and making camp at night, is not. Me...I like my pots and pans and wine. I love the challenge of a really great meal over a camp stove. Now way all those groceries are going on my back!

I've done pack hiking but not in about a bazillion years. I do want to do it someday with the kids though.

Those are just gorgeous pictures! Simply beautiful.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit that while I've traveled a lot and really really hope to travel a LOT more...I don't think there is a pretty place in the world than Seattle in the summer. It is a great way to remind yourself how blessed you are when you wake up and look at the blue sky and the mountains and smell that crisp fall air even though it still hits summer temps during the day.

Wow-all caught up...:thumbsup2

That was quite a roller coaster ride...so the Yacht Club it is?:cool1:

(That whole Yacht Club/Beach Club Complex is stunning...I've a desperate hankering to stay there...(even thought I think the GF is stunning...YC/BC is more my taste...FABULOUS location.../great restaurants/amazing pool...

We're probably going to stay at the WL next October-which is kind like "pretend staying" in your neck of the woods.:lmao:..I love WL and AKL also...)

Wow-quite a start to your p-trip report...it is really easy to forget what's important in the day to day of things...you need to make sure that you remind yourself...Thanks for the reminder...:goodvibes

Ah families...gotta love them...I hold the position that it is hard to write any novel that truly captures both the love and tenderness and the frustration and annoyance that our families/extended families can bring out...

It is always a nice luxury to be able to go into the story having insight into the cast of characters and their relationships...and see as more is slowly revealed throught the course of the narrative...:cool2:..
(.it is also a relief to know that not everyone else's family is perfect either...:lmao:)

You'll have a fab trip-can't wait to see how everything rolls out...:surfweb:

either I am HALLUCINATING (which is entirely possible) or the Nick rates JUMPED in the last week.

I swear when I priced it before it was $101 at the AAA rate for a 3 bedroom suite. Which granted, seemed insanely cheap but who am I to question a rate like that.

Today it is $279.

2 bedroom is still $122 and sleeps 6 so I'm going to lock that up too and K and I will bunk up for 4 nights, or maybe only 2 if Paul and Sandie do join us for part of the trip. Probably going to lock up 1 room for 4 nights and 1 room for 2.

CRAZY!

either I am HALLUCINATING (which is entirely possible) or the Nick rates JUMPED in the last week.

I swear when I priced it before it was $101 at the AAA rate for a 3 bedroom suite. Which granted, seemed insanely cheap but who am I to question a rate like that.

Today it is $279.

2 bedroom is still $122 and sleeps 6 so I'm going to lock that up too and K and I will bunk up for 4 nights, or maybe only 2 if Paul and Sandie do join us for part of the trip. Probably going to lock up 1 room for 4 nights and 1 room for 2.

CRAZY!
You are just not having good luck with all these crazy room rates! :headache:

Hopefully things will calm down and rooms will open and deals will be announced! :worship:

I just found your PTR while looking for more information about the Treehouse Villas. Thanks for the reminder of how precious life is! I look forward to reading:goodvibes

Today it is $279.

CRAZY!

Do you have the entertainment books? Our school sells them for a fundraiser (and if they had only sold them 2 weeks ago I could've saved $60 on airfare alone!)

anyway, I was flipping thru the book and the Nick Hotel in Orlando had a coupon for 25% off if you use the entertainment code!

Wow-all caught up...:thumbsup2

Ah families...gotta love them...I hold the position that it is hard to write any novel that truly captures both the love and tenderness and the frustration and annoyance that our families/extended families can bring out...

It is always a nice luxury to be able to go into the story having insight into the cast of characters and their relationships...and see as more is slowly revealed throught the course of the narrative...:cool2:..
(.it is also a relief to know that not everyone else's family is perfect either...:lmao:)

Well, we will see! It looks like YC but still need the green light from Paul. I have till Sunday :scared:

I :love:WL even if it is just like home. It reminds me a LOT of where we got married although technically it is actually more like Yellowstone...which I also love! Jeff would LOVE to stay there, as would the kids but I'd rather save it for a someday Thanksgiving or Christmas trip! YC seems to suit an August trip. Of course so did the shady Treehouses!

That and the prices for the room size we'd need was better at YC, surprisingly enough.

I couldn't agree more with your novel comments...I am sure more will be revealed, we certainly have LOTS of time!

I am of the firm opinion that no one, and no one's family is perfect. It might seem so from the outside but everyone has "stuff" whether you can see it or not.

You are just not having good luck with all these crazy room rates! :headache:

Hopefully things will calm down and rooms will open and deals will be announced! :worship:

Crazy! I really want to give my TA the business but am SOOOO tempted to just book it myself. It's bugging me.

I think it's my own fault. I checked the rates last Monday I think. On Tuesday the announced the dates for HP. Rate increase a coincidence? I don't think so.

I just found your PTR while looking for more information about the Treehouse Villas. Thanks for the reminder of how precious life is! I look forward to reading:goodvibes

:welcome:

I'm happy to answer any questions I can about the Treehouses, I've been obsessed with them for months :)

Do you have the entertainment books? Our school sells them for a fundraiser (and if they had only sold them 2 weeks ago I could've saved $60 on airfare alone!)

anyway, I was flipping thru the book and the Nick Hotel in Orlando had a coupon for 25% off if you use the entertainment code!

Good idea and I do, I'll have to see if that works out better than the AAA rate. Standard rate is a LOT more though.

So now those AAA rates appear to be "gone". AAA says it's too far in the future, Nick says it's too far in the future but we can apply it when it comes out. And yet....both my TA and I saw the $101 and then I saw the $122. My TA is so annoyed it's pretty cute! She's still trying to get to the bottom of it.

Sounds like we will reserve it at the rack rate if we have to and then either apply the entertainment discount or the AAA when it comes out. We will see.

I am thinking of looking into a totally different option for Paul, Sandie and Doug them and that way maybe Taylor can stay with them, outside of the whole Nick neon which he will NOT be into. He will be all over the parks, and the pool but Nick themed rooms? Not.

Kendall WAS Danny Phantom for halloween one year so I think she will be fine.

LOL!

I'm telling you all this stuff made me so nervous, I reserved a car for the front part of the trip. Last trip I couldn't get a minivan, they were LONG gone. I am banking on not needing it for the whole trip though, I cannot justify that much money on a car! And it won't even fit all of us, Sandie and Paul will need to get their own if they come for the front part of the trip.

I'm not renting a 15 passenger van!

Ouch.

I somehow got behind!!! You really are on a rollercoaster with this trip! Crazy! Think of it this way, some up, down and all around now will lead to a wonderful end result ;)

The pictures of your day trip are absolutely beautiful!! WOW!!! Soooooooo amazing! Thanks for sharing!

I can't believe those rates have mysteriously disappeared. I hate it when stuff like that happens! :hug:

I somehow got behind!!! You really are on a rollercoaster with this trip! Crazy! Think of it this way, some up, down and all around now will lead to a wonderful end result ;)

The pictures of your day trip are absolutely beautiful!! WOW!!! Soooooooo amazing! Thanks for sharing!

It's probably appropriate, our normal life is a wild ride! I mean I am a planner, no doubt. But this is excessive even for me. I think the longest pre-plan I've ever done was about 6 months ahead and that was for 3 weeks in Italy! And here I thought we were going during the slow season......

:laughing:

At lest Jeff and his mom are along for the ride! It gives me 11 months to convince Kendall that no matter what comes up that weekend, this will be better lol. I'm banking on grandma guilt to tell you the truth!

I can't believe those rates have mysteriously disappeared. I hate it when stuff like that happens! :hug:

I know, the whole thing is a bit of a mind trip to tell you the truth! Who'dathunk?

4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go in 4 days!!!!!!!!!!

Such a shame those more than totally awesome rates disappeared!! I guess someone else claimed them and got the pixie dust this time. You never know-maybe something else even better is in store for you! Keep the faith!

Good call on the car! Better safe than sorry, the way things are going.

Okay, I just read the whole thing..well most of it anyways...

I know about loss. check out the first post of my original PTR in 07...hard year for my family....

I miss the NW..lived in Beaverton, OR for 2 years.

Blended families can be hard, but it seems like you have it down pretty well.

I am not close to either of my brothers, but close to my cousins..weird isn't it.

I've stayed at BWV and YC and BCV...you will LOVE the Epcot Resort Area. Sandie and Paul will too. The convenience to Epcot and DHS can't be beat. While CS locations are scarce, you have a TON of Table Service locations within walking distance.....

Glad I found your PTR!:thumbsup2

Hmm....so strange that those rates just disappeared.:confused3 Well, I hope some come out that are even better. (sending some pixie dust your way;))

BTW--Love the pics of your day trip!! They were just beautiful!!

Wow!! this has been like a roller coaster for you. I hope everything works out!!!

Such a shame those more than totally awesome rates disappeared!! I guess someone else claimed them and got the pixie dust this time. You never know-maybe something else even better is in store for you! Keep the faith!

Good call on the car! Better safe than sorry, the way things are going.

I have faith. I have faith the AAA rates will come back. And if they don't I can use the entertainment coupon. I can live with $141, I'd just much rather pay $101 for a 3 bedroom :rotfl:

I also have faith in my TA to keep after it like a dog with a bone and get it back down. Part of the reason for doing the Nick for that many days was the rate. If the rate is too high then we might be better off with more days at Disney for the FD But...the Nick thing is for the boys. So...:confused3 my brain shouldn't hurt figuring out rates 11 months away! I figured out a solution for Paul and Sandie and then my brain went into overdrive. Need to turn it off. It IS 11 months away!

I need to just let it go, breathe in the pretty colors and trust.

Okay, I just read the whole thing..well most of it anyways...

I know about loss. check out the first post of my original PTR in 07...hard year for my family....

I miss the NW..lived in Beaverton, OR for 2 years.

Blended families can be hard, but it seems like you have it down pretty well.

I am not close to either of my brothers, but close to my cousins..weird isn't it.

I've stayed at BWV and YC and BCV...you will LOVE the Epcot Resort Area. Sandie and Paul will too. The convenience to Epcot and DHS can't be beat. While CS locations are scarce, you have a TON of Table Service locations within walking distance.....

Glad I found your PTR!:thumbsup2

Jordy!

:welcome:

I have family in Beaverton :) I'm usually down there once a year or so. I need to go check out that post in your original PTR. Family is family, I know for years Doug was far far closer to his cousin than to his brother. That's fallen apart as the cousin (who interestingly enough worked at Paul and Sandie's church) has really falllen into a sad sad space. While he wasn't good for Doug, it's still a loss of its own.

I can relate, I have some fabby cousins and you seem to really have a good time with yours. That is a blessing. I saw your update last night but didn't get a chance to post, WTG on the 5.25 hours of work!

Thanks for the compliments on the blended family. I really thank my mom (my stepmom) and to a lesser extent, Jeff's. We had some GREAT role models!

I am not worried about the lack of CS, as long as there is an option, that's good enough. That was a big drawback to the Fort, no CS, and no snacks. I am really excited about YC! I wish I could do more nights there. We did 7 nights on the last trip and it was easily 1 short. Part of that was flight times, as a west coaster I am sure you can relate. I am hoping that if we get the flights right this time, the 6 nights will be enough, especially with the Nick/IoA stuff up front.

Hmm....so strange that those rates just disappeared.:confused3 Well, I hope some come out that are even better. (sending some pixie dust your way;))

BTW--Love the pics of your day trip!! They were just beautiful!!

Wow!! this has been like a roller coaster for you. I hope everything works out!!!

Thanks Angie! It was a beautiful day. This has been quite the unexpected ride to be sure but fun, in its own twisted way. I hope some come out that are even better too!

Up first.

I bring you a small moment from Evan.

Evan brought home a rough draft of a creative writing sample yesterday. I will not scan it as, well it’s disastrous from my perspective although I am assured that the real thing is neat, legible with a decent illustration and that he expanded a bit on the front part as it doesn’t quite make sense. Their task was to write about a “small moment”. Evan chose to describe the reaction he had, after buying with the very last of his souvenir money, specifically saved to find the "coolest" shirt (and immediately putting on) his EE shirt and then turning around and going right back on EE during EMH on our last park day. This is what happened when he got off EE, in his words. I had NOTHING to do with his topic choice, I found out after the fact.

“I finally got my t-shirt. I jumped up and hit my head on a bar, OW!!
My dad said I should have gotten a concussion and my brother practically laughed his head off.”

It is accompanied by an illustration of a stick figure whacking his head on a bar, seeing stars with the eyes “x’d” out, under a sign that says

Disney World
watch your head

It cracked me up.
Despite the horrendous writing.

Recent Updates!

Gotta love it, still more than 11 months away and I am on v0.3! Although according to my new ticker it is technically 10 months, 4 weeks and 2 days. Which just sounds weird. I know we have 5 week months 4x a year and all that. But I look at 10 months 4 weeks and go....isn't it really 11 months and 2 days??

I digress.

Welcome to The BFP_YC_V0.3

As of today we have...one Nickelodeon Family Suites 2 bedroom reserved for 8/23-8/27. I have requested anything BUT Rugrats for the room theme. Kendall and I will have to bunk up on the sleeper, Taylor and Jeff in the King and then the E’s will get bunks. I hope once AAA rates come out we can upgrade to the 3 bedroom but at least we know we have a room and the price will only go down.

I also booked a mini van at a rate I can live with for the first part of the trip. If we find a better one, great but if not it is livable. Those puppies go fast and it has caused problems in the past. I am banking on returning it on move to YC day, I can’t afford it for 10 days!

I had a BRILLIANT solution to the “grandparents not wanting to stay in nick character themed rooms and be there for 10 days” situation. If they decide they want more than the 6 nights, they can come down on the 25th days before the YC, instead of our 4 and join us for an adult only dinner on their first night and IoA on the 2nd day and then we will all move to the YC.

They could stay stay at a mod or pay for more nights at the Yacht Club. I vote for the mod. If they decide to do that, we will add it to their room as a split stay. I think it is brilliant because it gets them on the dining plan 2 days early and works really well as that “adult only” dinner is hopefully a 2TS meal! I’d planned to have it be OOP but this way, for them, it would really work out since on IoA day we will eat at City Walk. Plus this way they don’t have to move their stuff themselves, (or be involved in watching us move our stuff) which Sandie loves. I have a sneaking suspicion T will go stay with them for those 2 nights, which is fine. I have to admit, thinking about this option for them…made me think about this option for us…and then my head swam. Literally. I got very caught up in the FD versus Nick internal debate.

I need to remember something.

Nick is for the boys. I need to repeat this. Nick is for the boys.

MAN is FD a great deal if you are 3 adults in a mod! It of course doesn’t pencil the same for 2 adults and 4 kids who can’t fit in a mod!

They will still need a car for 2 days I think though.

We will see. Right now we are confirmed for all 9 of us for 6 days in Disney, the 6 of us, 4 days prior to that at Nick. Doug will not be really able to confirm that he can go (with his job) until we get a lot closer but is in assuming it works with his work schedule. He is his own boss so theoretically, possible, but....it just depends. And we get that.

Since it won’t hurt us to pull him off, we will leave him on the ressie, assuming it will work out. I’ll be paying that Yacht Club deposit later this week.

Speaking of which. I am a bad daughter in law. A bad influence. Yes, it’s true.

I have brought Sandie to the dark side.

I have introduced her to…

The Disney Visa.

She is SO all over that!

We are going to put both deposits on ours (can’t let those reward dollars slip away) and then try to do the refer a friend thing for both of us so she can get theirs. Jeff is going to call today.

Such a bad influence!

Now, of course, because it’s only 5+ months away till I can make ADR’s, my mind wanders to where I want to eat. But first I must decide.

To I want to gather grandly?

Or not.

There are 3 grand gathering options.

International Dinner and IllumiNations Dessert Reception 2 TS

Meet your friends and family at the Odyssey in Epcot for a celebration of international friendship. Your well-travelled and fun-loving hostess, Auntie Roz, welcomes you to amazing tastes from around the world. Help yourself to delectable international cuisine served family-style, where everyone from Grandma to Junior is sure to find a favourite dish.

As you feast, Auntie Roz and some of your favourite Disney Characters sing, dance and tell stories — sometimes they even need your help! And Auntie Roz loves birthdays, anniversaries and special occasions, so if you've got something to celebrate just give her the word and she'll give you plenty of recognition, including a special song.

After your international eating adventure, end your evening on a sweet note with a scrumptious dessert buffet and a private, reserved viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth. Theme park admission is required.

Safari Celebration Dinner 2 TS
Make dinnertime an adventure with an amazing experience. Meet your tour guide in Asia at the "Flights of Wonder" theatre for an exciting tour on Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Restaurant with a delicious all-you-can-eat African-inspired dinner menu served family style. Dine on a full range of delectable foods that will please even the youngest members of your family. Then, have an "up-close" experience with exotic wildlife brought to the restaurant courtyard just to meet you — even get an autograph from one of the special Disney Characters who stop by the restaurant to say hello! And if you're celebrating a birthday, anniversary, family reunion or other special occasion, your Disney friends will surely add their recognition to the festivities. Theme park admission is required.

Good Morning Character Breakfast 1TS

Start the morning with Tony, the proprietor from "Lady and the Tramp," at his Tony's Town Square Restaurant for a fun-filled breakfast with plenty of Character. Mingle with Mickey while you enjoy the delicious dishes of an all-you-can-eat breakfast. Then sing and dance with your Disney pals or talk to them tableside. Tony will be happy to recognize birthdays and special occasions along with a special serenade of "Bella Notte" for anniversaries.
After breakfast, take Tony up on his invitation to visit Mickey's PhilharMagic, one of the most popular attractions in Magic Kingdom Park, for reserved seating at the very next show. Theme park admission is required.

Am I the only one who reads these and wonders who is Auntie Roz? Who is Tony? Do I care about either one of them?

I am just not sure I can justify 2TS on the dinner ones. They sound great in some respects, don’t get me wrong but 2 TS is a lot. And there are a LOT of great places to eat that are only 1TS. I am not at all sure the newbies would be into it. For the breakfast one….it intrigues me BUT I have never, ever, seen a review of this. Tony’s doesn’t offer breakfast except for this (to my knowledge) and so I am a little leery. I DO want to do a character breakfast this trip but had been leaning towards Cape May. Just not sure that this is worth it either.

If, heaven forbid, Doug can’t go and Kendall really can’t go (the thought of which makes me ill) then we lose our GG status. I won’t know the answers to that at ADR booking time. However I’d imagine I might be best served by booking regular ADR’s and then IF we decide we want to try and book a GG event, see if it is available. I would imagine they are more available then regular ADR’s?

Who knows.

What do you guys think?

Next The BFP_YC_v0.3 con't...

I have heard awesome things about Tony's Breakfast. Tony is the guy from Lady & Tramp who gives them the spaghetti dinner. :thumbsup2 If you go over to the restaurant board there are reviews of the grand gatherings I believe. We were going to go with a big group and we had decided on Tony's after ready reviews and such, it's a nice experience for 1 TS.

IF I were going to do any of them, I'd agree with LL and do the Tony's for 1TS...the other ones just don't seem to justify using 2TS....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter