Life’s too short...to never sleep in a treehouse! 8/27 TR is up! Link in siggie

Ahhh! Yes! I see your point that free dining would workout cheaper then renting points! Especially when you have to feed 10 people!

I realllllly like your Contemporary option though! In fact I love it!!! We've stayed at GF and Poly and I so loved being on the monorail!!!! It's so easy to just zip off to MK or Epcot!!

We're sleeping 10 in a 2 bedroom at Kidani in January. Granted DS is 2 and count in the total number of people! DH and I and DS2 will be sleeping in the master bedroom, my sis, her DH and their 2 girls will be in the other bedroom, DD8 and DS6 will be in the living room on the sofa bed and sleeper chair, my nephew will be in either the second bedroom or living room on an air mattress. I maybe open to putting on of my kids on the air matress in the master bedroom with us and putting my nephew, whose almost 17, on the sofa bed!

It should be interesting :rolleyes1 My sister and family would sleep in the car if they had to! Their just super excited to be going to WDW!!

Good luck!! Happy planning!! :hug:

Ahhh! Yes! I see your point that free dining would workout cheaper then renting points! Especially when you have to feed 10 people!

I realllllly like your Contemporary option though! In fact I love it!!! We've stayed at GF and Poly and I so loved being on the monorail!!!! It's so easy to just zip off to MK or Epcot!!

We're sleeping 10 in a 2 bedroom at Kidani in January. Granted DS is 2 and count in the total number of people! DH and I and DS2 will be sleeping in the master bedroom, my sis, her DH and their 2 girls will be in the other bedroom, DD8 and DS6 will be in the living room on the sofa bed and sleeper chair, my nephew will be in either the second bedroom or living room on an air mattress. I maybe open to putting on of my kids on the air matress in the master bedroom with us and putting my nephew, whose almost 17, on the sofa bed!

It should be interesting :rolleyes1 My sister and family would sleep in the car if they had to! Their just super excited to be going to WDW!!

Good luck!! Happy planning!! :hug:

Well sleeping 9 or 10 in a 2 bedroom villa is a lot easier when there are smaller people involved! And you bet, FD is a much better deal with as many adults as we have.

Technically it would be 9 out of 10 but since Eric turns 10 a couple days after the trip, I'm considering listing him as 10 anyways, it just feels like he should get to enjoy it!

Our big challenge in the cabins was the double beds. I am just thinking that AKV is so far away (comparatively) that BLT or THV is a better option if we go the villa route and since Sandie hasn't been, might not be the best "first" place to be immersed in Disney.

On that note it will be VERY interesting to see what she says. I sent off all the info on the top 3 choices this morning.

What do you bet she comes back and wants to stay at the GF? It would not surprise me. The more I think about it, the more I realize that while a Treehouse is very US, it may well not be very Sandie and Paul. At all.

I love the Poly but I don't really have a desire to stay there. I've been to Hawaii many times so the theming, while fun for dinner, just isn't where I want to stay. Kind of how staying at WL would be like staying at home! (though Jeff would stay there in a heartbeat).

However, if her heart is set on it, the upcharge for the Poly I could probably swallow. Especially since I know we will be eating there once or twice. The upcharge to move to the GF? Not unless they are paying the difference!

I think the whole world is trying to book now for the same time period. Right now those Garden View rooms at the Contemporary are showing as gone!

Concierge level? I don't think so!

But..

BC and YC are avail. I'd written that option off a long time ago but it is officially resurrected. From a teen/tween sleep standpoint it is almost as good as the monorail and still could get rid of the cars....

WWYD? Contemporary or BC/YC?

Monorail or SAB?

Talk about a trip turned upside down! LOL!

Good Grief!

Hopefully Sandie will get back to me tonight. How nutty to have angina over a trip 11 months away.

Ooh, I love the Contemporary option. Great choice for your crew if the Treehouses would happen to be, perish the thought, all booked up.

We were posting at the same time, but you know where my loyalties lie! Its BC all the way and Epcot or DHS are both a short walk or boat ride away for those sleeper inners.

I'm all about Epcot too!! :goodvibes

we stayed at Contemporary years ago - I cant wait to see the upgrades with the villas, but for me, I'm thinking its more hype - to get to MK - its magical, to get to any other park, its work - sticky... which is ok considering the pros of the MK!

We stayed at Polynesian when dd was 10 - she loved it there - I loved the ease of walking to the TTC monorail to Epcot and monorail or boat to MK -

GF - not going to happen - too expensive! But I do like to eat there and "pretend" Usually I'm glad they arent going to kick me out as a "faker" you dont belong here!! :rotfl2:

AKL vs THV :confused3 - You seem like you have envisioned the THV for so long I dont think you are ready to open up to the "African" adventure!!

We stayed at BCV in '08 - we went for the weekend, dd stayed home - that was hard, we kept thinking DD would love this... so we're excited we're going back! We love walking to Epcot - we usually stay at POP (love the bus service, love the price!!) and end up going to Epcot more than half of our time! so for us BCV or BWV makes the most sense! You have the balconies, you have the pool - at BC Marketplace you have GELATO!! as well as some groceries - you will have your kitchen....

Good Luck! :wizard:

Ooh, I love the Contemporary option. Great choice for your crew if the Treehouses would happen to be, perish the thought, all booked up.

What is it with everything booking up, already? Just unreal. My TA will be chatting with her rep on monday but...I'm freaking out! those rooms were THERE yesterday.

We were posting at the same time, but you know where my loyalties lie! Its BC all the way and Epcot or DHS are both a short walk or boat ride away for those sleeper inners.

True true! SAB has your heart!

Stay tuned, wheels are spinning....smoke coming out of ears.....

I'm all about Epcot too!! :goodvibes

we stayed at Contemporary years ago - I cant wait to see the upgrades with the villas, but for me, I'm thinking its more hype - to get to MK - its magical, to get to any other park, its work - sticky... which is ok considering the pros of the MK!

We stayed at Polynesian when dd was 10 - she loved it there - I loved the ease of walking to the TTC monorail to Epcot and monorail or boat to MK -

GF - not going to happen - too expensive! But I do like to eat there and "pretend" Usually I'm glad they arent going to kick me out as a "faker" you dont belong here!! :rotfl2:

AKL vs THV :confused3 - You seem like you have envisioned the THV for so long I dont think you are ready to open up to the "African" adventure!!

We stayed at BCV in '08 - we went for the weekend, dd stayed home - that was hard, we kept thinking DD would love this... so we're excited we're going back! We love walking to Epcot - we usually stay at POP (love the bus service, love the price!!) and end up going to Epcot more than half of our time! so for us BCV or BWV makes the most sense! You have the balconies, you have the pool - at BC Marketplace you have GELATO!! as well as some groceries - you will have your kitchen....

Good Luck! :wizard:

BCV or BWV would be great but they all only sleep 8 and aren't available right now. The only DVC available NOW is OKW or SSR. Which also only sleep 8. From a price perspective if we do a cash villa, THV still wins hands down, followed by BLT for the prices. BCV and BWV are a lot more $$.

I love the GF but it's a little stuffy decor wise in the rooms for Doug and Laura in particular. I think everyone else would be ok but as I don't see us dining there this trip anyways, it doesn't make sense for the huge upcharge.

I've been to hawaii so many times that I've no desire to stay at the Poly. Love to eat there though!

I am TOTALLY open to an African adventure BUT I think for us, it will make more sense later, when it is just the 2 smaller boys. Too far away from the parks we hit the most, the dining we hit the most and not the right "first" trip for Sandie. We will definitely eat there again this trip, no doubt.

Actually I am pretty sure that for my next BIG birthday it will be at AKL/AKV. I have visions of a party in Tamu Tamu thanks to Amanda!

What do you mean about the Contemporary being work and sticky?

Just curious

My TA is on the phone with them now...rooms are going fast. This is CRAZY!

I think 90% of the reports on BLT is positive - fantastic - I went to find the one report on the transportation reality check - but couldnt find it!

The negative reports that the "theming' of BLT isnt "Disney" enough - that just seems werid to me!! I can think of 100 things I would look forward to staying at BLT (The Wave, California Grill, Fireworks, Electric Light Parade, the Lounge, the Pools, etc)

The main negative was getting anywhere besides MK - it was hit or miss - you can take the monorail to TTC and get to Epcot which seems no problem - the busses anywhere are hit and miss if you ask me! I think the Bus queue is still at the main building - so maybe its the walk???

You know - its Disney, once you get there, all the planning and working out the details will fly out the window!! Once you get a positive booking, you will be all excited - and will work on any "challenges"

I think 90% of the reports on BLT is positive - fantastic - I went to find the one report on the transportation reality check - but couldnt find it!

The negative reports that the "theming' of BLT isnt "Disney" enough - that just seems werid to me!! I can think of 100 things I would look forward to staying at BLT (The Wave, California Grill, Fireworks, Electric Light Parade, the Lounge, the Pools, etc)

The main negative was getting anywhere besides MK - it was hit or miss - you can take the monorail to TTC and get to Epcot which seems no problem - the busses anywhere are hit and miss if you ask me! I think the Bus queue is still at the main building - so maybe its the walk???

You know - its Disney, once you get there, all the planning and working out the details will fly out the window!! Once you get a positive booking, you will be all excited - and will work on any "challenges"

Oh I thought you were talking about Contemporary negatives, not BLT specifically. I don't think the rooms at the Contemporary are all that "Disney" but that doesn't bother me.

I think any resort will have some challenges getting to certain parks. So all you can do is try to pick what is best for your crew. If you are at the Contemp to you have to take the monorail from the TTC to go anywhere or is there a bus at the main resort? I assumed there was a bus but honestly didn't have time to check.

And yes, as long as you are THERE, that's really all that matters!

WOW! Your PTR is a hopping place today!!

I can't believe that all the garden view rooms at Contemp are taken!! That makes no sense at all! Unless there is a HUGE convention there at that time!! I wonder if not all the rooms have been released for booking :confused3 maybe call central reservations?!

I know you mentioned you don't want to stay at Poly but something to consider is the rooms at Poly are HUGE! Really HUGE! I believe that the rooms are like 400 square feet or so. I loved the size of bathroom we had! We could have a had a party in there!

Your too funny have angina about a trip 11 months away! :lmao: Sounds so much like me!!! I booked our October 2006 trip in either August or Sept of 2005 because rated were out and I couldn't wait!!

For those of you that have been following along you can skip my recap. For those not, well here it goes.

The BFP (Big Fat Plan) and the title of this PTR calls for a magical trip to the world with about 9 of our motley crew, sleeping in a treehouse villa.

That big fat plan was called BFP_v0

Realistically it was BFP_THV_v0

Given what I have learned over the past couple of days, it appears I need versions of my versions, by resort.

As there was a small problem with my BFP

• I can’t actually book a treehouse villa for the time frame I want.
  • I can’t actually book a single villa that sleeps 9 for the timeframe I want.
  • In fact the only villas I can book, I don’t really want to stay at. Plus they only sleep 8 and we are 9 or 10 (we hope!).
So I’ve been looking at other options. 3 room, 2 room options. You name it, I’ve probably looked at it. 3 rooms at CSR was my backup plan.

But then. An epiphany. The realization that if we did a monorail resort I could...

1. Get rid of the cars once we move to Disney
  2. Let teens, tweens and adults that have too many adult beverages, or throw out their backs, or have blisters or whatever…sleep and easily meet up with the rest of the group.
And so my new backup plan became 2 rooms at the Contemporary, that each sleep 5. Why the Contemporary? It was the cheapest option. LOL. I figure it’s easier to go smaller later if we need to, than bigger now. And if we were only 9, and a BLT room opened up in feb when they release more at the 6 month mark, we’d just move it over. Or we’d snag a treehouse. If and when they release them, if both were available, by then we’d have decided which was better. Sleep-in-ditch kids ability, or better sleep alone ability.

And so, while waiting to hear from Sandie as to what she thought, I thought I’d get ready to make a courtesy hold on the rooms.

This was going to be the new BFP.

Titled BFP_Contemp_BLT_v0.1

Except the rooms were...

GONE.

GONE GONE GONE.

What do you mean gone?

It’s 11 months and 7 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well given that things are going like quicksand, all illusions of my lazy fall of planning swept away, I sent a million frantic emails to my dear friend the TA, bit the bullet and did a courtesy hold.

Really it was more like 5 emails and 3 of those had details for the ressie. I'm not as crazy as I sound.

Ok. Maybe I am.

That gives me 7 days to make a decision and lock up an option while we get THV info and see if those Contemporary rooms are really gone. It also allows Sandie a couple of days to get back to me, sometimes she is super on top of it, sometimes not!

And so the winner is....

An OFFICIAL grand gathering, celebrating 4 birthdays at...

The Yacht Club!

Did you see that one coming? I didn't. Not at all.

We are a family of 6. I look at rooms that sleep 6. I don't look for rooms that sleep 5. Were we not a grand gathering...it wouldn't be possible to even consider this option.

Really it was kind of a 50/50 split between BC and YC. And I figure if we really do end up here, we will see both since it's all walkable. And both have...

SAB! Which would cement the no water park tickets!
I chose YC because...

Gut instinct. My TA was on the phone and rooms were going fast. CRO said they'd never seen anything like it. My friend said in the 2 years she's been doing this she's never had phone wait times like she did tonight.

Conducting a post hold frenzy analysis I came up with these reasons that my gut said "Yacht Club".

For some reason I like the theming better.
Probably b/c it is about as anti pacific northwest as you can get and yet it reminds me of one of my FAVORITE little boutique hotels in the world, in SF. It feels a little more masculine.

It's a small resort. Not that BC is huge but with the DVC it is "huge-er". LOL! I never really thought YC would be an option as villas have always been my focus.

Cape May! This has been on my character breakfast list no matter where we stay. I'd swap it for Chef Mickey's if we end up there but I'd REALLY REALLY rather do it here!

Beaches and Cream!

And everytime I have EVER looked at BC or YC...they've been GONE so to even put a hold on a room there seems surreal. The rooms were disappearing while my TA was on the phone booking it!

Surprisingly it is less $$ than the Poly. Less $$ than WL because I’d have to do 2 deluxe rooms that sleep 6 there to make it work. Wierd. About $100 more a night than the THV. Which is...ouch. BUT we'd have spent that on cars.

I keep telling myself that. It's a wash.

Fuzzy Disney math.

I even have a CONFIRMATION CODE!

Right now it is only booked for 9 as I don't know Laura's last name and I wanted Sandie's take on that scenario. I am assured we can add her, but they wouldn't take a fake last name. We tried.

So we will see. For now, I'm not touching my PTR title because well, the premise is still the same. Life is still too short to never sleep in a treehouse.

It apparently is also still too short to not see SAB!

And I will sleep in a treehouse. Just maybe not this trip. Who knows.

Welcome to BFP_YC_v0.1

Now. We will see what Sandie says. She may not get a say.

:rotfl:

The good news? Jeff okayed me making the ressie and putting the deposit down which I will do after we hear from Sandie. Now THAT makes it feel real!

The only bummer is 2 rooms means 2 deposits but, oh well.

It's my friend, (the TA) first GG which makes me really happy, she's so excited! She just started her own travel business a little over a year ago and it's fun to help her out (as long as it is "as good" a deal as I can get or better lol!).

And now the question becomes...am I going to have the same issues at Nick? Is the REAL reason things are so nutty NOT free dining/value season/school is still out but instead...HP?

Acck. I really hadn't planned on booking that one yet but it appears it must be looked into as well.

Next...Small moments and gathering grandly, The BFP_YC_v0.3

:cool1: CONGRATULATIONS -

you have made a deposit! :banana:

Y/C is fabulous - I think Samantha Brown of Travel Channel Fame stayed there (will that help 'sell' Y/C?) SAB you betcha! and Hurricane Hannahs sells the same burgers as B&C - less wait, and adult beverages :thumbsup2

Cape May - way tops CM imho!
Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Quick Access to Epcot and Epcot Dining! :thumbsup2

:woohoo:

:wizard: BFP_YC_v0.1 :wizard:

Talk about a roller coaster ride! :scared1:

I wonder why everything is booking up so fast, that seems very unusual! Very odd. :confused3

I think you will like the Yacht Club! I mean, Stormalong Beach will be a huge hit with the kiddos! Heck probably even the adults! ;)

Phew! That was a wild few days while I was sick and incapacitated. In fact, I'm feeling a little dizzy now that I've spent a good while following all that's transpired with your plans in my absence.

So, it's "settled". YC with SAB? I too find it very strange that things are so hard to come by with almost a year still to go!! What the heck?! I'm so glad maroo got us a BB while she was still there! good grief! I would be having angina too!

I think you should keep your title too. I like that it's a good premise and all that, but just as valid a reason is that I have it bookmarked in my favorites as EMom's Treehouse PTR. :lmao:

:cool1: CONGRATULATIONS -

you have made a deposit! :banana:

Y/C is fabulous - I think Samantha Brown of Travel Channel Fame stayed there (will that help 'sell' Y/C?) SAB you betcha! and Hurricane Hannahs sells the same burgers as B&C - less wait, and adult beverages :thumbsup2

Cape May - way tops CM imho!
Yachtsman Steakhouse!

Quick Access to Epcot and Epcot Dining! :thumbsup2

:woohoo:

:wizard: BFP_YC_v0.1 :wizard:

No, no deposit yet. A courtesy hold is a 7 day hold on the ressie. Deposit due by next Sunday or we lose it. We don't plan to lose it though but I needed to review and confirm things with Jeff and Sandie. I'll post on that separately.

I forgot about Hurricane Hannahs! Ahhhh :)

Talk about a roller coaster ride! :scared1:

I wonder why everything is booking up so fast, that seems very unusual! Very odd. :confused3

I think you will like the Yacht Club! I mean, Stormalong Beach will be a huge hit with the kiddos! Heck probably even the adults! ;)

Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever seen? I felt like I was losing my mind. CRO said they'd never seen anything like it. It was like trying to buy tickets for a really hot concert and they were GONE before you could spell the silly code security word on the screen.

I really really had planned a long month, or 2 of checking options, reserving a treehouse, etc. Any other time I've checked, outside of food and wine, no prob. 11 months away? Who would think? Is it really the world anticipating FD before school starts? Is it HP? It will be interesting to see if the Nick is having the same phenomenon. We will be looking at that this week.

Phew! That was a wild few days while I was sick and incapacitated. In fact, I'm feeling a little dizzy now that I've spent a good while following all that's transpired with your plans in my absence.

So, it's "settled". YC with SAB? I too find it very strange that things are so hard to come by with almost a year still to go!! What the heck?! I'm so glad maroo got us a BB while she was still there! good grief! I would be having angina too!

I think you should keep your title too. I like that it's a good premise and all that, but just as valid a reason is that I have it bookmarked in my favorites as EMom's Treehouse PTR. :lmao:

Seriously, it made ME dizzy. I'm glad you are better!!! We are going to have some crazy crowds on this trip I think. I think it is sort of settled for now, I'll post a quick update as I did chat with Sandie. I plan to keep the title though. :) NO kidding, I'm glad you guys have your rooms! I am not sure if it just the 5+ sized rooms that are going going gone or if it is all rooms. Maybe the whole world did the BB's?

Dunno.

So after the frenzy...I reviewed things with Jeff and finally heard back from Sandie.

Jeff, bless his heart, somehow missed the fact that we couldn't book a treehouse right now and that getting one in Feb when they release more was a crap shoot.

He gets it now. And despite an initial "I WANNA SLEEP IN A TREEHOUSE" that he gave me, he is all over the YC idea. Although interestingly enough he thinks if Laura does come, there is no way his mother would share a room and so his mom would end up with the younger 3 kids and Doug and Laura and Taylor would be in our room.

Oh Brother.

Sandie, as I predicted, voted for BC or YC out of all the options presented (THV, BLT, Contemporary being the others). Which confirms my other epiphany that THV is very US but not so very THEM. I have a sneaking suspicion she will want YC regardless, I did ask the question.

She is less sold on the Nick part, which is not surprising and is fine. Selfishly I like the idea of just us with the slime. She also thinks 10 days is overload for her and Paul.

Jeff assumed they'd want to come for that, I assumed otherwise...so far, I appear right. LOL! Of course she hasn't actually talked to Doug or Paul about it yet so we will see.

She is going to talk to Doug but for now, I think we are on with the plan and will make the deposit, and ressie official, later this week. She assumes that Laura will have no interest in coming and Doug will have no interest in asking her. I am SO staying out of that one! Jeff had a heart attack that I even mentioned it but I'm glad I threw it out there just in case it comes back to bite us.

I :worship: whomever invented the courtesy hold. I actually didn't even know until yesterday that there was such a thing! I read it on a TR or PTR. It saved my bacon!

Tomorrow my friend will start looking into the Nick aspect so that should be interesting.

:yay:

It sounds like you have a good feel for Sandie - you are being very consdiderate to ensure she has a fabulous time!!

Courtesy hold must be for TA's, I know for me when I asked for a "hold" I was given 24 hours! (but that was awhile ago!!) At least people are understanding how fast things disappear (with large groups at least) andhow important planning really is!! :thumbsup2

:yay:

It sounds like you have a good feel for Sandie - you are being very consdiderate to ensure she has a fabulous time!!

Courtesy hold must be for TA's, I know for me when I asked for a "hold" I was given 24 hours! (but that was awhile ago!!) At least people are understanding how fast things disappear (with large groups at least) andhow important planning really is!! :thumbsup2

Aww, thanks! Hey, if my MIL is happy, we are all happy!

This was her response when I told her I'd gone ahead iwth the courtesy hold

loved the Yacht Club the best, no getting around it.

So now we just need her DH to sign off on the cost for their portion and then actually make those deposits. They are definitely 4 star resort people for trips on their own so I don't think it will be an issue. I think their bigger struggle is getting over park ticket prices!

:thumbsup2

I am not sure on the courtesy hold, the PTR I saw it on sounded like the person had done it themselves. I am guessing that maybe no one knows it is an option? But maybe it is only TA's.

I've done a courtesy hold before, you only get it held for so many days though, right? I think that is how it works.

Hopefully you will hear from everyone ASAP so things are a little more concrete...well at least for now. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter