Leaving in 2 weeks - is the website up to date

mmouse50

DIS Veteran
Leaving for Aulani, which I am excited for, in 2 weeks. Just wondering if the Aulani website is up-to-date on all the information? Has anyone been very recently and has anything changed from the website?

Buffets vs. 3 course prix meals at Makahiki?

Luau, I thought I read that the buffet for adults was back but kids still get the bento boxes - is that true or did I dream it?

Read that the SAS was back - happy with that

Still no lei greeting, correct?

Anyone know if Painting with Light is being done any night?

Is there anything that I should definitely look into? 4 adults, 2 teens and a 6 year old

Also, do they do buttons or anything for birthdays and anniversaries? I tried to see if I could get anything delivered to the room but that has been temporarily suspended, per the website. I have 1 - 16 year old birthday, 1 - 6 year birthday happening while we are there and a 10 year anniversary happening a month later. So was trying to find something special. Already scheduled 2 character breakfasts and 1 dinner for the celebrations along with Painted Sky for the 6 year old is there anything else I can do?

Leaving for Aulani, which I am excited for, in 2 weeks. Just wondering if the Aulani website is up-to-date on all the information? Has anyone been very recently and has anything changed from the website?

Buffets vs. 3 course prix meals at Makahiki?

Luau, I thought I read that the buffet for adults was back but kids still get the bento boxes - is that true or did I dream it?

Read that the SAS was back - happy with that

Still no lei greeting, correct?

Anyone know if Painting with Light is being done any night?

Is there anything that I should definitely look into? 4 adults, 2 teens and a 6 year old

Also, do they do buttons or anything for birthdays and anniversaries? I tried to see if I could get anything delivered to the room but that has been temporarily suspended, per the website. I have 1 - 16 year old birthday, 1 - 6 year birthday happening while we are there and a 10 year anniversary happening a month later. So was trying to find something special. Already scheduled 2 character breakfasts and 1 dinner for the celebrations along with Painted Sky for the 6 year old is there anything else I can do?
I just left Aulani yesterday and can answer some of your questions.
  1. I did the Makahiki Character breakfast and liked the new format. IMO, it’s similar in some sense to the character breakfast at Cinderella’s castle. Yes, it is still three courses and everything is brought to your table. You take your picture with Mickey(if you want), once you check in. The picture costs extra (if you purchase it), but cast members will also take pictures with your camera with each of the characters—just ask. You then get in a line to take a picture with Goofy. Stitch and Pluto roam around the room while you’re eating.
  2. No lei greeting at the resort; however, there are companies at the airport that are doing lei greetings for an extra fee as part of their shuttle service.
  3. When you check in, let the cast member know what you’re celebrating—if it’s not already on you reservation. I saw several people wearring birthday/anniversary buttons. The musician at Makahiki noticed one girls birthday button and sang happy birthday to her. It was more low key than in the past—no restaurant sing along.
  4. Someone else on the boards listed some of the events you can sign up for at Aunty’s. Maybe your youngest would like to create their own Mickey ears or something. I don‘t have kids, so I don’t remember what the age limit was.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter