Lanyards

Ricky P

Mouseketeer
Hello, We are silver club and dvc members. We’re sailing with my SIL who is going on her first cruise. Will she receive a lanyard or will it be just us? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Hello, We are silver club and dvc members. We’re sailing with my SIL who is going on her first cruise. Will she receive a lanyard or will it be just us? Thanks in advance for your answers!

Lanyards SHOULD only be given to returning cruisers. Some have reported being able to get them for newbies, but I would not count on it.

True that she won't get her own lanyard, but you should get both a silver one and a DVC one, so if you're willing to share, she'll have one.

Is she staying in your room or a different room? If she's in the room with another CC member, they just should leave the number of lanyards for how many people are in the room.

If she goes with you to the DVC desk when you scan your KTTW they will likely just hand her a lanyard on the first day when they are giving out the lanyards. They used to leave them in the room, but we find they are only giving them at the desk our last few cruises. Last time they just asked me "how many?" and I said "3" since the rest of my family wasn't with me.

Is this your first cruise Silver? If not, you could take a lanyard you got from your last cruise along for her since you're going to get yet another one on this cruise.

Is she staying in your room or a different room? If she's in the room with another CC member, they just should leave the number of lanyards for how many people are in the room.
They aren't supposed to do this and, in my experience, then usually don't. If you have a mixed room, then you'll get mixed lanyards. That means no lanyards for new cruisers.

They aren't supposed to do this and, in my experience, then usually don't. If you have a mixed room, then you'll get mixed lanyards. That means no lanyards for new cruisers.
100% this was our experience on the Wish in January. Lanyards for me and DS, no lanyard for my mom who was a new cruiser. I gave her mine though, because I keep mine in a mini purse.

That is what happened on my and my parents' first DCL cruise. My sister already had status and she got a lanyard while we did not. Even staying Concierge.

I just bring a lanyard for the new people in our group. I have plenty, DVC and CC.

I just got off the Wish and they only gave the lanyards to those who sailed before. My husband and I are both gold, and my mother-in-law is a new sailor, we only got 2 gold lanyards. I did bring a silver lanyard just in case they only gave us 2... DVC was also handing out lanyards on the first day, I didn't take a DVC lanyard (and I am a member) since I didn't need one and had a few of them at home from past cruises.

Do they make exceptions for kids? My husband, daughter (7) and I are silver but my son (3) is a new cruiser. Will they provide a lanyard for my son so he doesn’t feel left out? We are traveling concierge. Will I be able to request one for him?

I'm unsure whether you will be able to get one of the Castaway Club lanyards for a first-time cruiser - but, I always see really cute ones for sale in the gift shops. Although they are not free, they are cute and colorful and would be a nice non-Castaway Club souvenir. When we have taken first-time cruisers with us, we have dug old lanyards out of our supply so that they have one just in case they would prefer not to purchase one.

From a non-concierge perspective, when our daughter had her first cruise she did not receive a lanyard (not that she needed one). Subsequent cruises when the parents were gold she still received silver.

You can also buy inexpensive ones on amazon, though they are not Disney themed. I got really cute ones for our RC cruise since everyone said they didn't want to wear their DCL ones on RC. :tongue:

we get double lanyards. 2 for being DVC and 2 for being Silver. 1 more cruise to gold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter