Kennedy Space Center

We got our confirmation from our congressman's office today via fax :thumbsup2

Now as long as I don't lose it between now and November :laughing:

My senator's office came through for us. We got 4 maximum access passes for our family for Saturday June 7. It only took about 5 days from the first time I emailed him and it's an email confirmation with all my information that I will print off. You pick the tickets up at the visitor's center. We've never been so it's pretty exciting. We couldn't have gone otherwise.

My senator's office came through for us. We got 4 maximum access passes for our family for Saturday June 7. It only took about 5 days from the first time I emailed him and it's an email confirmation with all my information that I will print off. You pick the tickets up at the visitor's center. We've never been so it's pretty exciting. We couldn't have gone otherwise.

I was trying to be so patient, but this thread is making it hard on me. I just gave up on the patient waiting thing and emailed another PA congressman....mentioning that I knew that other congressmen were able to secure these tickets. Congrats to all of you that have gotten tickets and such speedy responses. Kudos to the diligent congressmen, too!

I tried to post last night but my machine was working so slowly,
this is the first time I have seen your moniker, vellamint.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time last night humming the old jingle
"new vellamints took the sugar out, you can really taste the mint,
so fresh, they take your breath away, smooth refreshment, vellamint."

There is really no reason for this post other than that!:rolleyes1

I tried to post last night but my machine was working so slowly,
this is the first time I have seen your moniker, vellamint.

I spent a ridiculous amount of time last night humming the old jingle
"new vellamints took the sugar out, you can really taste the mint,
so fresh, they take your breath away, smooth refreshment, vellamint."

There is really no reason for this post other than that!:rolleyes1

HAHAH - thanks for the smile!!:rotfl: My moniker is actually a combination of my maiden name and, well, the Velamints candy lol.

Thank you!!! So you are getting an email confirmation? Not real tickets?

When is everyone going.....I would love to hear back from those that are going soon to see that everything went well. We are not going until August.....and now I need to "fit" this in if it comes through lol....

Kudos to the OP!!

Thank you so much for this! I, too, requested the tickets from Senator Clinton's address using the same format as listed above. I hope this works! We will be there in November and would love to check out Port Canaveral.

THANKS OP!!!!!! :banana:

I see that some have written to Senators, I emailed my local one today and was told that Kennedy Space Center if FEDERAL and they referred me to local Congressman. I sent an email his way, not even a generated reply email was sent back.....it'll likely just be lost among his thousand other emails. Then I saw that SOME had gotten info from Senator Clinton/NY, well, I figured, what the heck and emailed her, will keep ya posted on outcome...

I see that some have written to Senators, I emailed my local one today and was told that Kennedy Space Center if FEDERAL and they referred me to local Congressman. I sent an email his way, not even a generated reply email was sent back.....it'll likely just be lost among his thousand other emails. Then I saw that SOME had gotten info from Senator Clinton/NY, well, I figured, what the heck and emailed her, will keep ya posted on outcome...

I know, I emailed both my congressman and my senator, because I just couldn't believe that the congressman didn't send me a reply immediately. You don't think he's busy doing something besides reading emails, do you?:confused3

OK, just trying to understand because I could be wrong...

Doesn't "congress" include both senators and representatives?

I understand that my state senator would not be able to help me with this but shouldn't my US senator be able to do it as easily as my US representative?

Just wondering if I was missing something from previous posters.

I just got an email from the office of my GA Congressman, and the are working on getting our tix! Whoo Hoo! It took a few days, but, hey, I'm sure they have more important work than helping me plan my vacation.:goodvibes Thanks for the tip!

Can I ask you who you wrote to in Georgia? I've written Kingston and Barrows with no response and its been almost 3 weeks. :confused3

I decided to call my Congressmens office instead of emailing. I'm a personable person, so I figured it might help my chances! It also helped that I had already worked with someone there when our family went to DC about 3 years ago and we were given a tour of the capital through his office.
I left my name and number with the "gate keeper" and got a call back within an hour.
I was told by the gal who called me, "I'd be happy to arrange it for you guys".
So she submitted the request and said she'd get back to me as soon as she heard something.
We don't go until January, so she said if it's to soon she will just add it to her calendar and re-submit it when it get's closer.
She even mentioned what a great thing it is that they can do this since the tickets are $40+ and they are free through them!
I made the comment that it sure is nice when the people I vote for are able to hook you up with great stuff like this!

I hope everyone else has a good experience with this.

Thank you to the person who uncovered this AWESOME secret!!!:banana:

Just be patient. I emailed my senator got a quick email back the next day asking for names and dates. I responded back to her and did not hear anything else for about 2 weeks. Well, yesterday in the mail i recieved a confirmation letter confirming that my tickets will be waiting for me to pick up July!:cool1:

Just be patient. I emailed my senator got a quick email back the next day asking for names and dates. I responded back to her and did not hear anything else for about 2 weeks. Well, yesterday in the mail i received a confirmation letter confirming that my tickets will be waiting for me to pick up July!:cool1:

What state do you live in?

It is interesting to see what senators/congressman are responding and which are not.

What state do you live in?

It is interesting to see what senators/congressman are responding and which are not.

I agree! I want to email Senator Clinton or one of the ones that came through for their constituents! It is so hard to wait patiently!:guilty: :guilty:

I agree! I want to email Senator Clinton or one of the ones that came through for their constituents! It is so hard to wait patiently!:guilty: :guilty:

I emailed Senator Clinton either Wednesday or Thursday and will post back when/if her office contacts me. I know they will ask for names and address so I dont know that a politician will be able to or want to do this out of their state.

We sent an e-mail request in last week via house.gov site and have yet to hear anything so I called the local rep's office today and they said they would forward the request to the person who handles the tours in DC and that I should hear something back by tomorrow.

She told me the all the e-mails from the form on house.gov site gets sent to one person who has to screen them all and forward them on to the right person. Be sure to put what you want in the subject area to help speed up the process.

I'll let everyone know what we hear from our local Rep here in VA.

I just tried in OKlahoma also. I tried Dan Boren, Who did you ask?

I finally heard from Sullivan's staff this Friday. She said she is still waiting to her back from her contact, but it shouldn't be a problem. Did you ever hear anything?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter