Kennedy Space Center

What does the part say about what the ticket includes??

Here is the info from my faxed confirmation from NASA...

Admission to the Main Complex,including all exhibits and shows.

Bus tour which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center.

Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies (i.e., Space Station 3D and Magnificent Desolation 3D)

Visit tho the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive floor simulators.

Tickets valid for 2 days of admission (must be used within 7 days of first use)

Here is the info from my faxed confirmation from NASA...

Admission to the Main Complex,including all exhibits and shows.

Bus tour which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center.

Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies (i.e., Space Station 3D and Magnificent Desolation 3D)

Visit tho the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive floor simulators.

Tickets valid for 2 days of admission (must be used within 7 days of first use)

thanks!!

I e-mailed all my congressmen a couple weeks ago and finally got a response from one of them this week, they said NASA had depleted their supply of complimentary tickets for the year. Anyone else told this?

I sent 2 follow up emails to the gal at the congressmans office who got back to me originally - I have not heard a word back. Not a happy camper over here! At least tell me something one way or another! Sheesh.

No love in Michigan after all. I wonder if the newspaper article had anything to do with it?

That means we won't be able to visit KSC this year after all...maybe next trip.

Heres the answer from Hilary Clintons office.....congrats to the poster who was able to snag these from them....its just as well....for me to find a day to do this would have stressed me out but it still would have been cool to get such a great deal!!

Unfortunately NASA has already consumed its annual allocation of complimentary tickets for the Kennedy Space Center this year, so tickets through this office will not be a possibility. I apologize for the inconvenience. Every year NASA offers 500 complimentary passes which congressional offices are able to request for their constituents. This is the first year tickets have ever run out due to a Disney blog which widely publicized this information. Effective January 1, 2009 NASA will offer 4 passes per request rather than the usual 10 they have offered in the past. Regular priced tickets may be purchased online at http://kennedyspacecenter.stores.yahoo.net/

Please do not hesitate to contact Senator Clinton’s office with any further questions you might have at the number listed below.

Did anyone read the bloggers at the end of that article??? How mean is this former Dis'er!!!? Here is are two quotes from him...

DisER wrote:
"As a past memeber of the Disboards, I can tell you that some of those people that post on the budget board are all about scamming. If it's free, they will find a way to get it. They have many "shares" including a photopass share that is illegal and the the webmasters and moderators seem to encourage such the boorish beahaviour. It really is a shame."
5/23/2008 3:13 PM EDT on floridatoday.com

DisER wrote:
"One more thing, let's not forget that the people scamming the free tickets will not in any way, shape or form be bringing any revenue in. More than likely, lunch will be free Lunchables from Target or leftover chuckwagon."
5/23/2008 4:44 PM EDT on floridatoday.com

Did anyone read the bloggers at the end of that article??? How mean is this former Dis'er!!!? Here is are two quotes from him...

DisER wrote:
"As a past memeber of the Disboards, I can tell you that some of those people that post on the budget board are all about scamming. If it's free, they will find a way to get it. They have many "shares" including a photopass share that is illegal and the the webmasters and moderators seem to encourage such the boorish beahaviour. It really is a shame."

DisER wrote:
"One more thing, let's not forget that the people scamming the free tickets will not in any way, shape or form be bringing any revenue in. More than likely, lunch will be free Lunchables from Target or leftover chuckwagon."
5/23/2008 4:44 PM EDT on floridatoday.com

Yes, I read that. If that person was a Disboard member truly, we can see clearly why they are no longer one (I am guessing their leaving was not voluntary).

We all know how informative and enjoyable the Disboards are! :goodvibes

I certainly took no offense at his/her post, rather I rolled my eyes and went on!

I was not lucky enough to get free passes before the article came out, and certainly am not holding out that any email will come with some attached, at this point.

I am thrilled for those that did receive theirs, however, I was wondering if any of that group is a bit worried their passes will not be valid (as "we" commoners:rotfl: were apparently not the intended recipients)?

You do not need to rent a car if you are staying on Disney property. Mears will pick you up at your hotel, bring you to the space center in the morning and then return in the afternoon. I believe they go from Disney property on Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the round trip cost is $30.00 - kids might be cheaper - not sure. Their number is 407-423-5566. Not sure if you are not staying on Disney property but I would call them to check it out. They might have a pick up point - or pick up from different hotels. My parents did this a few years ago when they were down in Disney. My dad didn't want to drive so it worked out great for them.

Linda

Okay, so Mears goes from WDW to KSC?? Because we're looking for transportation there so we don't have to rent a bazillion cars (we have a big group). I looked at the KSC shuttle that picks up from the All Star and the Swan, but that price includes a ticket and I'm not sure how they'd do it if we already had tickets??

DisER wrote:

I read this also. I can see her point a little about the sharing of the photopass being wrong. Last week I posted on the budget board asking for help on voting for my dad in a contest and the moderator pulled it immediately saying you can't do this. It is against guidelines. However, I have voted for many people who have asked for votes in other contests. I think the moderators need to be on the same page with the guidelines and making sure that nothing illegal is occurring. Just needed to vent because I was very upset that I couldn't ask my fellow disners for help.

I just completed an eform from Russ Feingold's website. It was for tours in DC but in the Other field I requested tickets to Kennedy Space Center in Florida for July 2009.

It's worth a try....

Do you have to specify your exact travel dates when requesting tickets? We're going in Jan 09 but don't know the specific dates yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter