Just bought our first DVC contract via resale - need my hand holding

Ive always booked package holidays before.

This will be my at time buying flights only but does anyone else worry about loosing the ATOL protection?Can you get round it by having a 1 nights stay at the airport before departure?

We usually only do flight only bookings and we pay on a credit card so that we have protection in the absence of the ATOL stuff. When Thomas Cook went bankrupt we were able to get the money back from the credit card company as opposed to having to make an insurance claim etc.

So if you can, maybe use a credit card to pay for your flights.

Right, the hand holding is certainly needed now. All my closing documents have arrived.

Title company is Mason if that helps people.

I have found a notarial person who is local to where I live. She's expensive at £200 but she says that she does have experience in DVC Contacts. Ive contacted her to confirm her current availability.

Mason have also of course sent me all the details for paying my closing documents.

1. What and how do I do a wire transfer? Is it just essentially a bank transfer. I believe Monzo offer it using 'Wise' which should give me a good exchange rate. Ideally, I would use the same route to make my monthly payments
2. Would I be best/ should I wait until the seller has returned their documents before sending the closing payment to cover me?

OK I'm really struggling

Ive had to email Cammy as I can't make head or tail of any of these documents, what parts I am meant to fill. Do I do the W9 form if from the UK?

Do they go mack to Mason even though the documents say to send back to Monera?

OK I'm really struggling

Ive had to email Cammy as I can't make head or tail of any of these documents, what parts I am meant to fill. Do I do the W9 form if from the UK?

Do they go mack to Mason even though the documents say to send back to Monera?

Hi Lee, this is Sam with Monera Financial. I hope you are doing well! I will be sending you an email shortly letting you know what is needed when filling out the documents provided in your closing packet. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you!

Hi Lee, this is Sam with Monera Financial. I hope you are doing well! I will be sending you an email shortly letting you know what is needed when filling out the documents provided in your closing packet. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you!

Your a legend. Thank You

We have a contract in ROFR at the moment. IF it passes do all Uk buyers need to find a notary or is it just if you’re using finance.

We have purchased two resales contracts,one in 2014 and one in 2019 , we didn't use finance and didn't need a notary for either.

We have a contract in ROFR at the moment. IF it passes do all Uk buyers need to find a notary or is it just if you’re using finance.

Im not sure to be honest, none of the paperwork that we are getting signed by a Notary doesn't mention the fact it is financed

2nd contract we went for, which this time is for Vero Beach passed ROFR, so I think we are now sorted for resorts. This contract doesn’t have delayed closing so I can imagine this one wrapping up quite quickly.

The AKV one isn’t closing until July 10th but I hope it moves quickly from there as I want to get booking by in September.

we got ourselves a credit card which is mainly to increase our rate of earning Avios points, but at least we can stick our flights on the card for extra protection. Hopefully long term it will get us some super cheap flights to places like Barcelona and New York where we want to take some Disney cruises

Blimey, trying to pay my closing costs to Magical Vacations has been a mission and a half. Natwest had blocked the payment (although Mason went through no problem last month for more) and to get confirmation again that the details they sent to me were legit.

Payments gone now so hopefully there won't be any issues there

Caution wire fraud
I am in Florida & using Resale Market also. In final stages and email from Cammy to alert me to verify all contact info comes directly from Title Company . My info says they are using ZOCCAM to complete Buyer Earnest Money Electronic deposits. ZOCCAM.com

Good luck with your closing . Keep us updated with progress.

Payment cleared no problem after a couple of days.

So nerve racking as like you said with Cammy at Mason, they want you to confirm the details, they do but then still say it could be fraud lol

International payments never seem protected,

Anyway, all done now.

Currently walking an AKV 1 Bedroom Value for next year but cant believe some of the early prices i am seeing for flights.

Congratulations and Welcome Home.

99% of the time we book as soon as the 11 month window opens up. We drive half the time. 99% of the time wether driving or flying, I start our reservation on a weekday. Flights are usually a little less if you fly on a weekday and return on a weekday. For us here anyway. Good luck and enjoy!!

I completed last year on a resale and no embassy visits were required. Just had to pop down to a local notary in the U.K. and get them to sign it. Think it cost me around £40 for them to sign it for me. furthest I travelled was to get the docs signed a couple of miles away then back to the post office to send the docs back.
Ive always booked package holidays before.

This will be my at time buying flights only but does anyone else worry about loosing the ATOL protection?Can you get round it by having a 1 nights stay at the airport before departure?
If you are worried about that book a fly drive. I never think about it as we have never done package holidays

2nd contract for Vero is now on our account. That’s it for us for now buying DVC. May look at a small AKV top up once we’ve taken our first trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter