June 2013 pin code watch !

Is it too soon to start calling to see if I have a pin on my account for next June?

What are the chances of a bounceback offer being available when I am there for 2 nights in Oct.?

My question: when is the best time to do this? My trip is in June, so when should I try these options so that I might get a pin I can use??
Now that the 2013 packages are out, I think it's good to start playing around on their site. They will also probably update the vacation planning DVD for 2013 so you might want to wait until then to do that.

And when you start, do everything you can on the site...I don't know if it helps, but it couldn't hurt. :rolleyes1 I went out and played w/ pricing out vacations twice a day. (yup...I really did) and we ordered the maps, made our own vacation video, changed up out profile...anything to get some activity going. But you're right, the 40% code was TOTALLY worth it. I just hope we get something close to that this time.:)

This is the BEST advice I've read about how one can get a pin. What you're doing is exactly what you need to do. June-ers, take notice of this advice if you haven't ever received a pin!

We're hoping for 40% but I'll take whatever I can get. We got 30% at Poly last Jan, and according to mousesavers, last year's RO discounts for June were released in Nov and then again in Feb. All we can do is wait! I do enjoy playing the game though - it makes things more interesting. Gotta love that heart-pumping Disney anxiety:sick:

I love the "game" as well! :thumbsup2 p.s. For 2012 in June, I saw many people who got a 35% off any room for 2012 (getting the pin around November). So it could happen!

Is it too soon to start calling to see if I have a pin on my account for next June?

What are the chances of a bounceback offer being available when I am there for 2 nights in Oct.?

I don't know about bounceback, but I DO think it's too early to start calling. Though of course it couldn't HURT, it's just a time saving thing for me. Honestly, no one even MENTIONED any pins for June 2012 until November (of 2011, just to clarify). I really think Disney is too focused on holidays to start releasing discounts for June. I would start calling Nov. 1st (or if anyone announces that they got one on this board!)

For whatever reason, my Mom gets e-mails on average twice a month with pins (I am NOT exaggerating). She is the luckiest person in the WORLD when it comes to pins (best part, she's NEVER booked a Disney trip, it's always me or my dad who did!). So I will let EVERYONE on this board know if I see one that applies for June 2013 and we can all call Disney to see if we have one under our address!

Thanks for the words of wisdom and encouragement elyse! I will start trying to score a pin, and hope for the best.

How do you get these pin codes?????
We booked through aaa for june 4 through the 13th at pop century because it was 200.00 cheaper.
If i was able to get a pin code would i be able to apply it to the reservation that i already have???

I could use the savings and the help.

How do you get these pin codes?????
We booked through aaa for june 4 through the 13th at pop century because it was 200.00 cheaper.
If i was able to get a pin code would i be able to apply it to the reservation that i already have???

I could use the savings and the help.

Pins are distributed by Disney at what seems like a random way. If you need a good method to get a pin, read the post by sydneysmom above. It's a great strategy for getting on Disney's radar. Basically, sign up for their website (WDW website), price packages and save the offers, order vacation planning DVDs and customized maps. Also make sure you complete you profile information to the fullest. I'm convinced that pin distribution is based on demographics and what your age group is, and how many kids you are bringing.

When it comes to your AAA discount, you have to book your room through Disney to use a pin, so I'm assuming that your AAA discount wasn't. So to use a pin you'd probably have to just switch it over (technically cancel and then get a new reservation number). I know you can't apply two discounts to one package (or room). For the time you're going (early June), I don't think selling out resorts will be a problem for you.

Pins can be for rooms, free dining, and rarely a package. So based on where you're staying very much depends on how much you'll save.

My sister and her family just went this past June and she received a pin code for free dining!

Did she receive the pin after she booked? Was it by mail or did she call in and find it? Going in June 2013 and could only wish to get so lucky!

I just booked with a travel agency that gets a block of rooms at a discount. Week I had to take was June 18th but averages out to about a 18% room discount and DDP for about 48. Didn't have to purchase the tickets. We have used DDP over the years onn and off but this past summer I wish I had it.We ate out a lot and DD and DH love their food....So we booked now and being a party of 3, free dining isn't a great shakes for us staying at a Deluxe...Room discount saves me more so this was sort of both of best worlds....

And when you start, do everything you can on the site...I don't know if it helps, but it couldn't hurt. :rolleyes1 I went out and played w/ pricing out vacations twice a day. (yup...I really did) and we ordered the maps, made our own vacation video, changed up out profile...anything to get some activity going. But you're right, the 40% code was TOTALLY worth it. I just hope we get something close to that this time.:)

I am right that your advice is not to book yet, hit the Disney site hard and wait to see what you get? I was planning on doing a room only reservation soon for June, but I will wait if it increases our chances for a pin!

I am right that your advice is not to book yet, hit the Disney site hard and wait to see what you get? I was planning on doing a room only reservation soon for June, but I will wait if it increases our chances for a pin!

I don't believe that booking will PERSONALLY decrease your chance of getting a pin. But the philosophy is this: If you book your room at the resort you want, and everyone else who is anticipating a pin for that resort do the same thing, than Disney has had no problem filling up the resort and therefore will be less inclined to give a discount. We need to give Disney a reason to give discounts. Why would they give us pins if the resort has no problem filling up at full price?

Bottom line: If you are going regardless of a pin, book. If you only go with a pin, wait.

Another way around this is to book at a value/moderate that you could do within your budget, then if you get a pin, upgrade to a deluxe that was too much before!

I don't believe that booking will PERSONALLY decrease your chance of getting a pin. But the philosophy is this: If you book your room at the resort you want, and everyone else who is anticipating a pin for that resort do the same thing, than Disney has had no problem filling up the resort and therefore will be less inclined to give a discount. We need to give Disney a reason to give discounts. Why would they give us pins if the resort has no problem filling up at full price?

Bottom line: If you are going regardless of a pin, book. If you only go with a pin, wait.

Another way around this is to book at a value/moderate that you could do within your budget, then if you get a pin, upgrade to a deluxe that was too much before!

I totally agree with this advice. We haven't booked the GF (which is where we WANT to stay) because I'm waiting for a pin. Now, I want to make sure we book before we have to make dining ADR's in December so I can tie our ADR's to our dining plan. SO, we're probably going to book WL since that is in the budget regardless of if we get a pin or anything else. Then if a pin comes out, I'll just switch our package to the GF (or YC if GF isn't available). :)

Gotcha! I want to stay at BC, this year I beleive 25% was general discount offered but I would love to get pin with higher discount or free dining. Will try the plan of room only reservation at a moderate by December for dining reservations and keep fingers crossed!

I know this isn't a "pin" but the military discounts have now been continued until December 2013. I was able to snag two POR rooms for next June 1-11 for a totlal of $3012 !!

Both my kids get out of school on May 30th this year!!! DD graduates from 8th grade and DS's school is moving campuses so they adjusted their calendar to fit the move. For the first time ever we will be able to go the first week of June. We don't need tickets b/c I bought 10 day hoppers + WP&More + no expiration tickets before the last price increase and I've been buying $50 gift cards each month for food. So a Free Dining Pin wouldn't be the best discount for me. I did have Free Dining for my mother/daughter Christmas trip this past December and loved it although we ended up taking home a STACK of desserts!:laughing:

I would LOVE a room discount though. If I get one we may stay at AKL. If I don't get one, we'll trade our timeshare into Wyndham Bonnett Creek.

Now, I just have to hope the job I've applied for won't mess up my plans!!!

Both my kids get out of school on May 30th this year!!! DD graduates from 8th grade and DS's school is moving campuses so they adjusted their calendar to fit the move. For the first time ever we will be able to go the first week of June. We don't need tickets b/c I bought 10 day hoppers + WP&More + no expiration tickets before the last price increase and I've been buying $50 gift cards each month for food. So a Free Dining Pin wouldn't be the best discount for me. I did have Free Dining for my mother/daughter Christmas trip this past December and loved it although we ended up taking home a STACK of desserts!:laughing:

I would LOVE a room discount though. If I get one we may stay at AKL. If I don't get one, we'll trade our timeshare into Wyndham Bonnett Creek.

Now, I just have to hope the job I've applied for won't mess up my plans!!!

My children always hate when I say this but I wish our school district would go to year round school. It would make Disney trips so much easier. A county close to ours has this format. The students get 2-3 weeks off after every 9 weeks, 2-3 weeks at Christmas and Easter and a 5-6 week summer. Right now we get do not get out for summer until 6/10

Another question occurred to me: We want to stay at YC/BC, so should I only save trips in the Deluxe category? If I save a few trips in Value, or a few Mods, will I ruin my chances of getting a Deluxe pin, or is the pin usually one that is (for example) 10% off Value, 20% off Mods, or 30% on Deluxe?

Might be over-thinking this too much, but didn't want to see all my hard work go to waste on a pin I don't want!

Another question occurred to me: We want to stay at YC/BC, so should I only save trips in the Deluxe category? If I save a few trips in Value, or a few Mods, will I ruin my chances of getting a Deluxe pin, or is the pin usually one that is (for example) 10% off Value, 20% off Mods, or 30% on Deluxe?

Might be over-thinking this too much, but didn't want to see all my hard work go to waste on a pin I don't want!

That's what I've been doing..... I've been saving YC/ BC and GF and WL. I don't know if saving in another category is going to mess anything up, but i'm one of those VERY superstitious people, so I'm only saving in the category we want to stay in. ;)

and if you DIDN'T overthink your Disney trip, you wouldn't be on the DISboards! :lmao: You're in good company here!

and if you DIDN'T overthink your Disney trip, you wouldn't be on the DISboards! :lmao: You're in good company here!

LOVE this! And it's a good point.

Looks like I am playing by the PIN rules then. I have saved BC/YC, Poly CL, CR and even AKL CL. Some of those final totals make my heart hurt a little, but figuring them with a hypothetical (and much anticipated) 40% pin, and at the very least 25% is a lot of fun.

LOVE this! And it's a good point.

Looks like I am playing by the PIN rules then. I have saved BC/YC, Poly CL, CR and even AKL CL. Some of those final totals make my heart hurt a little, but figuring them with a hypothetical (and much anticipated) 40% pin, and at the very least 25% is a lot of fun.

I'm doing the same thing.....I've gota whole spreadsheet with each of them with the original cost (OUCH!) and then how much it would be with each discount....I might be crazy, I know, but it's helping me budget. :)

I'm doing the same thing.....I've gota whole spreadsheet with each of them with the original cost (OUCH!) and then how much it would be with each discount....I might be crazy, I know, but it's helping me budget. :)

Nice! You are serious!:lmao: I just have a figure in my head that I am unwilling to go over, and as long as I can hit that with at least a 25% discount, we are good to go. I am buying up as many Disney GCs as I can with my Target Red Card and with that I will get another 5% off whatever discount we do wind up getting. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter