June 2013 pin code watch !

What does "subscribing" mean? I have a disboard acount and I can see various boards but I dont see where you can "subscribe" to a particular board.

To subscribe to a thread is to simply post to it so when others post u get u get updates to the thread via your email

Excellant! I had posted but wasnt getting e-mail updates. Used the thread tool and hopefully now I will.

I am headed towards June 2013 because of my eldest son being in school.

Leslie

Hi June vacationers! it's the OP here!! :) So, has anyone booked your trip yet or are you waiting for pin codes and offers?

I'm kind of afraid to "pull the trigger" and book our trip...mostly because alot is going to depend on what kind of discount we get. We were hoping to stay at the GF, but they've priced us right out. So now we're shooting for the BC / YC (I cannot decide which!) or the WL. (depending on the discounts)

I'd love to hear if all of you are waiting or booking! It makes me superstitious to book now.... like Disney will say, oh, forget her..she doesn't need a pin code now! :scared1: But yes Disney, we really do!!!

Count me in for a June watch. We typically go for DS's birthday, but I need a REALLY good discount to send us back to the YC...pixiedust:

sydneysmom- Nope! I rarely pull the trigger until a deal comes out (AP rates, pin code, bounceback etc.) I'm from the school of thought that the more rooms booked early means less chance that they will offer one.

We went to Disney for the first time in June 2011, figuring it would be something to try with the kids but it would be a "been there, done that" type of thing. Boy was I wrong! I was barely back home before planning for the next trip. We are going back June 17 to June 26th, 2013 and cannot wait. We were lucky enough to get a free dining pin last time so we stayed at the BWI. It was a wonderful hotel that I highly recommend to everyone.:thumbsup2 I would love to return to BWI, but with room prices starting at $417 night, we would need a discount or even a dining pin to do it. So, I am looking at staying in a Windsor Hills townhouse this time:sad: to get better prices and more room for a family of 5. Lots of people tell me I will love it once I try off property but I am finding it hard to let go of Disney and the hope of getting a magical Disney pin email. Anyone know when they typically come out?

Hi June vacationers! it's the OP here!! :) So, has anyone booked your trip yet or are you waiting for pin codes and offers?

I'm kind of afraid to "pull the trigger" and book our trip...mostly because alot is going to depend on what kind of discount we get. We were hoping to stay at the GF, but they've priced us right out. So now we're shooting for the BC / YC (I cannot decide which!) or the WL. (depending on the discounts)

I'd love to hear if all of you are waiting or booking! It makes me superstitious to book now.... like Disney will say, oh, forget her..she doesn't need a pin code now! :scared1: But yes Disney, we really do!!!

I already booked my June trip. I normally wait until Jan or Feb when the discounts come out and have gotten pins after and just called and they switched the discount to the pin.
I am nervous because I went ahead and booked it with dining. The CM assured me that it would not reduce my chances of getting a free dining pin, but in the past I did not book dining until I got a pin for free dining.
Maybe if I call in and cancel the free dining they will think "she really needs it" and a pin will magically appear. ;)

After months and months of reading and planning, just booked our first trip to Disney for June 8th-15th! So excited! Now I need to go re-read the boards again with a new purpose! :cheer2:

We are waiting. Probably going to book around Jan/Feb. We want OKW and I'm not worried being sold out!

Anyone know when they typically come out?

I did A LOT of research about the June 2012 pins. Last year, it seemed like the luckiest got pins are early as December (35% off rooms, no blackouts). Then in Feb/March, more pins came out as well as a general public discount for rooms. Some also claimed to get free dining pins around this time. Then, in May 2012, a public discount came out for June. Now the problem with waiting until May 2012, was that many people were already in their 45 day window and couldn't "switch" to their discount without being penalized for being too close to their date.

All that being said, there is no way to guarantee when the discounts/pins come out. So we wait and hope. :thumbsup2

After months and months of reading and planning, just booked our first trip to Disney for June 8th-15th! So excited! Now I need to go re-read the boards again with a new purpose! :cheer2:

I am going there exactly the same time as you! Go us! :cheer2:

I did A LOT of research about the June 2012 pins. Last year, it seemed like the luckiest got pins are early as December (35% off rooms, no blackouts). Then in Feb/March, more pins came out as well as a general public discount for rooms. Some also claimed to get free dining pins around this time. Then, in May 2012, a public discount came out for June. Now the problem with waiting until May 2012, was that many people were already in their 45 day window and couldn't "switch" to their discount without being penalized for being too close to their date.

All that being said, there is no way to guarantee when the discounts/pins come out. So we wait and hope. :thumbsup2

That's amazing that you tracked it! I love it !! Here's the thing too.... we all kind of have to book before December if we want to tie the dining plan to ADR's. Our 180 day mark is this December. I don't know what to do....I think I'm just going to wait until about Thanksgiving then book it. My DH told me last night that he REALLY wants to go back to the GF, and we agreed as long as we have a pin.

I may just book WL, before December,since that's within the budget, then change our reservations to GF if we get a pin code. From what I understand, and I don't know if this is incorrect, but if you upgrade to a more expensive package (even w/ a pin code), I don't think they will charge the fee if you're within the 45 day window. Now, I could be wrong...:confused3 But I'm definitely going to ask that question when I do book. I am hoping that some discounts come out earlier though... I know...I girl can dream.....:flower3:

thats where having SoG access comes in so handy! I reserved a room at SoG for June 1-11 and dont need to buy the passes till I get there so my advance cost is just one night's lodging ($250 for a junior suite). Now I can just sit back and wait to see if Disney offers any June discounts that make moving to a Disney property attractive. If they can get POR down to the point that two rooms there are not much more than the Junior suite at SoG I will move.

i noticed that the free dining offer currently available thru December 20th is for a 6 night/7 day stay. Will they extend the days? In other words is 6/7 the minimum or the absolute? I relaize if you are only doing 5/6 you can't use the deal, but what if you are staying 9/10? Do you get the offer for the entire stay or would you have to break it into 6/7, 3/3 and only have the free food for the first 7 days?

I messed around with my spreadsheet of June 2013 expenses and figured out that it would only cost me an extra $620 to move from the Junior Suite at SoG to two rooms at POR if Disney throws in the Dining package for the entire length of stay. I suspect it won't happen but one can always hope!

The minimum nights for free dining is usually 2 or 3 nights. The maximum usually is 14 nights. You do not have to book whatever the "example" package is. It is just to give you an idea of the cost. So, yes , you could do 5/6 if you wanted or you could stay as long as 14 nights or as little as 3.

Cool! If they do offer free dining in June I will almost certainly move from SoG to POR, and may even consider fulfilling my longtime dream of staying at Poly.

From what I understand, and I don't know if this is incorrect, but if you upgrade to a more expensive package (even w/ a pin code), I don't think they will charge the fee if you're within the 45 day window. Now, I could be wrong...:confused3

You are not wrong. You can change whatever you want 45 days before you trip (the day your balance is due, which Disney conveniently counts down for you on their site! :lmao:) without any penalty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter