June 2013 pin code watch !

I did A LOT of research about the June 2012 pins. Last year, it seemed like the luckiest got pins are early as December (35% off rooms, no blackouts). Then in Feb/March, more pins came out as well as a general public discount for rooms. Some also claimed to get free dining pins around this time. Then, in May 2012, a public discount came out for June. Now the problem with waiting until May 2012, was that many people were already in their 45 day window and couldn't "switch" to their discount without being penalized for being too close to their date.

All that being said, there is no way to guarantee when the discounts/pins come out. So we wait and hope. :thumbsup2

Wow! Thanks for sharing your findings! BTW, I received a free dining pin in March 2011. Maybe it is around the same time each year.

Hi June vacationers! it's the OP here!! :) So, has anyone booked your trip yet or are you waiting for pin codes and offers?

I'm kind of afraid to "pull the trigger" and book our trip...mostly because alot is going to depend on what kind of discount we get. We were hoping to stay at the GF, but they've priced us right out. So now we're shooting for the BC / YC (I cannot decide which!) or the WL. (depending on the discounts)

I'd love to hear if all of you are waiting or booking! It makes me superstitious to book now.... like Disney will say, oh, forget her..she doesn't need a pin code now! :scared1: But yes Disney, we really do!!!

I booked already too. We are staying at POR but I hope to get a room discount so we can maybe stay at the Poly. That's my dream :goodvibes

I booked already too. We are staying at POR but I hope to get a room discount so we can maybe stay at the Poly. That's my dream :goodvibes

Good luck!! I hope you get it!! We're hoping to go back to the GF, but only if we get a pin code. If you've never stayed on the monorail before, you're in for a treat! it's going to spoil you. But if you stay at POR, you can't go wrong either, I LOVE POR!!!! It's so pretty and quiet and it's so nice to take the boat to DTD at night.

Hi everyone, you guys are all awaiting discount codes AND any free dining codes that come out, correct? Or do I need to look on another thread for dining codes? Thanks!

Rumor has it that Disney will shortly announce an extension of the Armer Forces Salute discount thru December 2013! Hope its true so I can jump from SoG to POR

It seems word has already leaked to military ITT offices and Disney will officially announce this week that the Armed Forces Salute will be extended till September 2013. Looks like I can jump from SoG to TWO rooms at POR. Yes !!!!!!

Hi everyone, you guys are all awaiting discount codes AND any free dining codes that come out, correct? Or do I need to look on another thread for dining codes? Thanks!

Yes, we are waiting for ANY pin codes, room discounts or free dining!

I am booked at AKL for 9 nights June 17-26th. Last night I found air for $170 per person roundtrip for those dates so we are ready to go! LOL I wasn't even thinking of booking air yet but when I plugged in my days on Spirit Airlines for the heck of it and saw those prices I had to go for it. We rented DVC points so I am happy to not have to wait for PINS. I just got tired of all the worries and waiting. We are paying much less that any PIN or free dining discount anyway so I am :thumbsup2.

I am booked at AKL for 9 nights June 17-26th. Last night I found air for $170 per person roundtrip for those dates so we are ready to go! LOL I wasn't even thinking of booking air yet but when I plugged in my days on Spirit Airlines for the heck of it and saw those prices I had to go for it. We rented DVC points so I am happy to not have to wait for PINS. I just got tired of all the worries and waiting. We are paying much less that any PIN or free dining discount anyway so I am :thumbsup2.

We did the same thing. I agree it is nice to be booked and have everything all planned out. No stress :)

I am new here so forgive me if this question has been asked many times. Who gets pin codes mailed (or is it emailed) to them? How do I get on this list?

Pins are random, but some folks have luck getting pins emailed when they order a planning DVD, print a custom park map, price out and save a trip on the Disney website, or register on the Disney site with their email address.

My question: when is the best time to do this? My trip is in June, so when should I try these options so that I might get a pin I can use??

Pins are random, but some folks have luck getting pins emailed when they order a planning DVD, print a custom park map, price out and save a trip on the Disney website, or register on the Disney site with their email address.

My question: when is the best time to do this? My trip is in June, so when should I try these options so that I might get a pin I can use??

Our trip is in June too and I've started "working" on Disney! ;) But the last time we went was Sept 2010. The packages for 2010 came out in August 2009 that year. I started really hammering away in the beginning of September. I was relentless!! We got a 40% off deluxe pin in early November 2009 for all of 2010. We booked it that night! I'm REALLY hoping that we get lucky again. But starting September, I'm trying hard again.... it was like a part time job trying to get a pin!! They make you work for it !!! :goodvibes

I'm here....:wave2:

Planning on June 24-July 1, hopefully in a Royal room at POR...but we are extremely flexible for the right pin code.:cool1:

Our trip is in June too and I've started "working" on Disney! ;) But the last time we went was Sept 2010. The packages for 2010 came out in August 2009 that year. I started really hammering away in the beginning of September. I was relentless!! We got a 40% off deluxe pin in early November 2009 for all of 2010. We booked it that night! I'm REALLY hoping that we get lucky again. But starting September, I'm trying hard again.... it was like a part time job trying to get a pin!! They make you work for it !!! :goodvibes

Thanks for this! I didn't want to start too early. The only 2 pins I ever got were in 2010, so fingers crossed for us! 40% off is worth the time.:thumbsup2

Thanks for this! I didn't want to start too early. The only 2 pins I ever got were in 2010, so fingers crossed for us! 40% off is worth the time.:thumbsup2

And when you start, do everything you can on the site...I don't know if it helps, but it couldn't hurt. :rolleyes1 I went out and played w/ pricing out vacations twice a day. (yup...I really did) and we ordered the maps, made our own vacation video, changed up out profile...anything to get some activity going. But you're right, the 40% code was TOTALLY worth it. I just hope we get something close to that this time.:)

2009 and 2010 were definitely the years for pin codes! It seemed like all you had to do was save a couple of offers and you got one.

We haven't had a pin since May 2010.

For June 2011 and June 2012 we booked with the GP room only discount since those deals arrived before AP rates did.

I am HOPING for similar discounts for June 2013, but I am not counting on it. Seems like they are getting fewer and far between and a lot of the peak season has been blacked out. We will still go, but we won't be paying for the kinds of resorts we have stayed at in the past without a discount. Rack rates in the summer at the deluxes are ridiculous...

Good luck!! I hope you get it!! We're hoping to go back to the GF, but only if we get a pin code. If you've never stayed on the monorail before, you're in for a treat! it's going to spoil you. But if you stay at POR, you can't go wrong either, I LOVE POR!!!! It's so pretty and quiet and it's so nice to take the boat to DTD at night.

POR is our favorite too :goodvibes

It seems word has already leaked to military ITT offices and Disney will officially announce this week that the Armed Forces Salute will be extended till September 2013. Looks like I can jump from SoG to TWO rooms at POR. Yes !!!!!!

Congrats :cool1:

40% would work for me too *dreaming of staying at the Poly*

We're hoping for 40% but I'll take whatever I can get. We got 30% at Poly last Jan, and according to mousesavers, last year's RO discounts for June were released in Nov and then again in Feb. All we can do is wait! I do enjoy playing the game though - it makes things more interesting. Gotta love that heart-pumping Disney anxiety:sick:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter