January Crowds

Do the Brazil groups tend to come during the entire month of Jan. or just a window of time? We're considering the last week of Jan. for our trip. Had a trip many years ago and ran into the 15's. Something I'd really like to miss.
Entire month during their Summer Break,but the last week probably won't see as many as they have to leave WDW in time to be back in Brazil for school to resume in February(and then the Argentina 15s come to WDW in February).

But if it was July when you ran into The 15s,January only sees about half as many I would guess.(This January "could" be a BIG exception to that rule however.)

Yeah, planning for Jan/Feb could be dicey. Could be on the calm side or just crazy. Honestly, if I could I'd ditch the entire plan and go sometime in the distant future. But for now I'll pushing the trip to the very end of January/first week Feb. just to give us some cushion.

What is the 15s? 15 year olds?

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

They are FAMOUS for their matching Backpacks and shirts and for their LARGE numbers!

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers)as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are July for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter