January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

Woohoo...

... we reviewed my x-rays yesterday and I got a good report card, they actually looked slightly better than the last set taken in 2017. He reminded my why I have the problems I do: I don't have the 'normal' c-curve in my neck, mine goes flat down between my shoulders.

... work has been calmer this week, so I'm able to do some PM'ing things, instead of running around putting out fires. I even have a block of time midday today without meetings.

... Pippa had me worried yesterday as she slept all day and didn't eat lunch, but she's her normal kitten-y self this morning.

I am woohoo that DH's grandmother and my grandparents (who I really thought would not get it) have received their first shot of the vaccine. I don't know too much about my grandparents other then they got it. My aunt, dad and uncle usually take care of anything they might need so when I talked to my dad last night he just told me they got it. Jeff's grandmother really only has us. DH's mom and grandmother are not talking right now. His mom also moved almost 2 hours away a few years ago and told me that she (DH's grandmother) is our problem. DH had an uncle but he passed away when DH was a toddler. DH has a sister but she is only 20 and in college 2 hours away. So it is just us. I made the appointment for her since she is not great with computers and DH took her to the appointment. It was later in the day and she won't drive after dark. We have been checking in with her each day to make sure she is doing ok. Today she said she feels much better. Yesterday she was feeling sick, chills, and arm and shoulder/back pain. I can't wait until she can come over again. I hate that she is all alone through this.

I am woohoo that DH's grandmother and my grandparents (who I really thought would not get it) have received their first shot of the vaccine.

Excellent!
I was psyched to hear on Sunday that my folks have had their first as well. :cheer2: It really puts a return to visiting them in sight.

Also WooHoo-ing:
My exercise numbers are ahead of pace.
The kids were good listeners today.
And their dog was a blast to watch play in the snow!

piglet1979, that’s very good news-and what a blessing you and your DH are! Although she has to be isolated, she must feel so loved by you both, and that means a lot.

We came home from OC today and it was such a relaxing week. We got out every day for a walk and meals were on track. I am inspired by MickeyMom76 and Summer2018’s weight loss. I am getting my notebook out tomorrow and will count points.

What are you grateful for today? Can you think of at least 10 things?
Family, neighbors, coworkers, students, my health, COVID vaccines, my job, warm home, healthy food in the house, wifi, technology that keeps me connected, this wonderful group, my ability to workout, our cars, my kids having their licenses (making my schedule less hectic), my kids’ teachers & coaches, and so much more! I’m so blessed!

Thankful for my health and the health of family and friends... the relatively mild winter we've been having allowing people to be outside more... a calmer work week where I've actually been able to get stuff done.

Oh, missed the "10 things" part... let's try again
1. My health
2. Health of family and friends
3. Mild winter... so far
4. Calm work week.. so far
5. Kittens... altho I do need to work on training them to not be such pests while I'm working
6. That my 17 year old car is still chugging along... but I do need to get serious about getting a new one.
7. That I have the financial ability to buy a new car.
8. Great co-workers
9. That the vaccine is available... and I have faith the the distribution issue will be worked out soon.
10.That I have my winter storm-watching ocean beach trip coming up.

Last edited:
1. My family
2. When my position as a PreK teacher became almost impossible to do during a pandemic, another position opened up, and I took it.
3. When DD lost her job due to the pandemic, she came up with a new plan and went back to school.
4. Parents are being responsible and keeping kids home from school when exposed to covid.
5. One day we will all be able to get the vaccine.
6. I have a strong support system with all of you.
7. In spite of the arthritis pain in my knees, I'm still able to walk on the treadmill.
8. Because of quarantining and mask wearing, I haven't had a cold in almost one year...I usually catch several colds which become bronchitis or pneumonia.
9. I have a nice home.
10. There's a light at the end of the
tunnel.

1. My family
2. The continued good health of family and friends
3. My little circle of friends
4. My little house in OC
5. A refrigerator full of food
6. My pension!
7. Watching a good movie on tv in front of the fireplace with my husband
8. Spending time with my grandson
9. My daughter got her first dose of the vaccine today! And I got mine!
10. For the inspiration and encouragement I get on this thread from all of you :)

And, yes, I am starting to feel like there is light at the end of the tunnel as well!

Staying warm! I have a cabbage roll soup recipe I am trying out today-if it’s good I will share.
Even my friend that walks 30 miles a week days it’s too cold to walk today!
I wish we had a mall nearby where I could mask up and walk for a half hour. I thought I might look on YouTube Tv for an indoor walking routine.
Enjoy the weekend!

1. DH's grandmother got the vaccine
2. My grandparents got the vaccine
3. Mom is scheduled for the vaccine for the 4th. They are closing all the schools in her county and they are all getting the shot the same day. They closed schools that to do it.
4. My family is healthy
5. The time I get to spend with my kids and husband
6. Having the option to keep my kids home for school
7. My work being flexible and being able to work from home right now
8. Thankful that my kids are doing really good mentally and academically during this time of not seeing friends or teachers
9. Netflix -- Really into watching the Last Czar right now
10. I car heating blanket to help keep me warm while sitting in my car for at horseback riding lessons and certain appointments.

Hurrah it's Friday!

This week I discovered that I'm more sensitive to nuts than I thought I was (thought it was pretty mild), so no more nuts for me. That's going to be a big step forward to feeling better.

No big plans for the weekend, I'll be up late Saturday night while one of my teams does a system upgrade so that means a good long nap during the day. Sunday my Sister stops by in the afternoon, but that's it. Not very exciting at all.

Yesterday the Gov announced my county can go back to Phase 2, with places like gyms and restaurants getting back to limited indoor occupancy. The county where I'll be during my winter ocean beach trip in Feb can also transition, so there will be indoor dining while I'm there and I'm pleased about that. The state is working out the issues with vaccines, so overall things are looking up.

Now we just need Spring to start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!