• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

January 2021 W.I.S.H. - New Year, New Goals

I need a mulligan for sure this week. I am sure I have lost a ton of weight this week. Since the medicine has been making me feel really sick I have not worked out or really moved much this week and haven't been eating. Wednesday all I ate was Ramon noodles and some strawberries and yesterday I had 4 slices of toast throughout the day. I am still a bit sick to my stomach but the toast seems to help that. Yesterday I had a massive headache too that wouldn't go away. With the headache and being sick to my stomach I ended up taking a half day off. I tried to sleep a bit on the coach as DH was in the bedroom working but DD was a bit too talkative. But she was also being super sweet and making sure I have everything I needed.

Last night we had a virtual meeting with the school about scheduling classes for high school. Seriously how am I going to have 2 in high school. DD also got some great news this week. Her math teacher asked if she wanted to move up to honors math next year. DD was going to ask about this but the teacher beat her too it. This girl as become a wiz at math. The first quarter she 100% and the 2 quarter she received 103%. I am not sure where she gets it from because Dh and I are only ok with math.

Today, I feel less upset about having to cancel my vaccination appointment. I will get it eventually. In the meantime, I did try doubling up with masks. I was able to walk and breathe okay, but when I had to sing and read to the class, I couldn't catch my breath. So, I'm back to one mask and the face shield when I have to get within 6 feet of the kids. Sadly, I spend most of my time at my desk behind plexiglass. Last year, I had a student with autism who couldn't function if she wasn't sitting on my lap or clinging to my para. I taught with her on my hip half the time. Now, I can't even help someone tie their shoes or zip their coat. Anyway, my time will come as will everyone else's.

I feel accomplished as I have finished testing, entering grades and Dibels data. Grades closed today, and I will be doing report cards next week. In Pre-K, I hand-wrote the report cards. Kindergarten report cards are all online. It is definitely more stream-lined. Everything is changing.

It is supposed to get very cold here this weekend. I will be staying in and trying to keep warm.

I saw someone post the other day teachers need to get back to school and earning their paychecks. If I could reached through the computer and grabbed them by the throat... I didn’t respond (although others did) because I probably would have been banned.
Hoping you get that vaccine very soon!

Sorry I'm late this morning, yesterday I kept getting blocked by this privacy/security thing.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

What is your favorite thing in or about each season? What are you looking forward to in each season this year?

WINTER: I do love snow, the magical beauty and quiet of it... at least until people start sledding down the street, but I also love the sounds of happiness they make while they are doing it.

SPRING: The colors, everything popping up and blooming.

SUMMER: The long, long days as around the summer
solstice sunset can be close to 10pm.

AUTUMN: Again the colors, as everything dies back, and the way the sunlight changes as it starts to slant and recede.

Edited to add: geez, I forgot seasonal plans for this year. So far all I've really got planned out is a trip to the ocean shores in a couple weeks for some storm watching. Right now I've got the Inn booked, it faces the ocean directly, has balconies and fireplaces and the rooms have cozy dark wood. But I may end up moving to the main hotel since it is about half the price. Restaurants will probably still not be open for indoor eating yet, and walking down the hall to pick up food is much more appealing than the walk from the Inn to the restaurant, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Love your descriptions for the seasons! I am also one who looks forward to each season (and by the end, is eagerly anticipating the next one. 😆 )

Winter - Christmastime, quiet snow scenes, cuddly hooded sweatshirts

Spring - sunshine, longer days, things growing again

Summer - no school, the pool/beach, and (most years) travel/outings

Fall - beautiful colors/light, return to routine, hot apple cider and pumpkin everything

Winter - I like the holidays. I enjoy the week of Christmas to New Years, then also Presidents’ Day Weekend is often near Valentine’s Day and our 100th day of school celebration. I’m not a huge fan of the weather, but I do enjoy the beauty of the snow!

Spring - The season of hope! So much newness in spring...we often get fawns passing through our yard, the blooming of flowers and the leaf buds bringing back life to the trees. Plus the beginning of the warmer weather!

Summer - Time off with my family! Family vacations! Swimming and warm/hot weather!! The laughter of all the neighborhood kids playing outside!!!

Fall - Fall colors & foods! Fresh apple & pumpkin recipes. And my birthday!

Sorry I'm late this morning, yesterday I kept getting blocked by this privacy/security thing.

SOCIAL SATURDAY

What is your favorite thing in or about each season? What are you looking forward to in each season this year?

View attachment 551862
I love this idea for Social Saturday.

Spring is: Warmer temperatures; St. Patrick's Day; Easter; tulips, daffodils, hyacinths; birdsong; new life emerging; hope that summer is coming soon...No plans, just hoping for a vaccine for my entire family by end of spring.

Summer is: My FAVORITE SEASON; swimming; balmy temperatures; sunbathing; evenings sitting outside under the stars; lightning bugs, butterflies, dragonflies; vacation; longer days; relaxation and renewal; tropical cocktails; barbecues, beach days; FUN FUN FUN!!! We are booked at the Margaritaville Resort in Hollywood, Florida for a week during our anniversary. Really hoping we can still go...it is all about the vaccine.

Autumn is: Colorful trees against a blue sky; Halloween; Thanksgiving...not crazy about the fall, as it is a very stressful time of year for me. It would be nice to get back to normal by the fall...we shall see.

Winter is: Christmas; Valentine's Day...otherwise, not a fan. If we have to cancel our summer vacation, we will try to rebook for Christmas vacation week the day after Christmas. I'm really hoping that we will be able to spend Christmas with our family this year...

Last edited:
Winter-Christmas. These past few years buying toys again is so much fun. A glass of wine in front of the fireplace.

Spring-all of a sudden the trees bloom, flowers appear. It all happens just when I start getting really tired of being cold. The occasional warm day I can sit on the deck with a cup of tea.

Summer-sitting on the beach with a good book. Watching my grandson in the waves-he loves the water. Cookouts with family.

Fall-trees changing color-it is a yearly miracle. Thanksgiving with family. Pumpkin everything, as PollyannaMom said!

Today I do laundry. I have to, I'm out of underwear.

I also have a hair appointment for a quick clean up.

And I'll sprinkle de-icer on the front steps, as there's still a slight chance of a tiny bit of snow.

So for me today's self-care is clean undies, cute hair and not falling on my keaster.

Last edited:
It’s doesn’t look like we have a host for next week, according to the initial page. If that’s the case, I can do it.

Who wants to host for February?
Feb 1-7:
Feb 8-14: @sjrec
Feb 15-21: @Summer2018
Feb 22-28:

Last edited:
My self care for today has been / will be:
- a few indulgences at the grocery store this morning
- a quick visit (with masks!) to DH's folks' house to take over a book for MIL and pick up something else
- my evening treadmill session / episode(s) of "Once Upon a Time"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter