It's getting close!

Nothing specifically, but its just really hard labor, scrubbing tables, cleaning spills, sweeping floors. That and people think just because they are paying full service prices, they can get full service help. They will b**** at you like no tomorrow.

That and the chance of having to work at carts... You dont know if you will be in a restaurant or out in the sweltering heat passing out turkey legs.

Not that the restaurants are that much more comfortable. Kitchens can be quite warm and unpleasant. QSFB is essentially like working at a McDonalds. Im not bashing people who work at fast food places... but of all the roles at WDW... there are so many more enjoyable ones!

Why do you think they are always begging people to do it?

Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. I just thought they needed more people there b/c there was more openings. Thanks for the insight!

Nothing specifically, but its just really hard labor, scrubbing tables, cleaning spills, sweeping floors. That and people think just because they are paying full service prices, they can get full service help. They will b**** at you like no tomorrow.

That and the chance of having to work at carts... You dont know if you will be in a restaurant or out in the sweltering heat passing out turkey legs.

Not that the restaurants are that much more comfortable. Kitchens can be quite warm and unpleasant. QSFB is essentially like working at a McDonalds. Im not bashing people who work at fast food places... but of all the roles at WDW... there are so many more enjoyable ones!

Why do you think they are always begging people to do it?

I agree with you to a certain degree, QSFB is a lot of hard work, but it is what you make of it. It can get pretty bad at times, but everyone jobs has their pros and cons.

Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. I just thought they needed more people there b/c there was more openings. Thanks for the insight!

I did QSFB, it was ok. I learned alot of skills on multi-tasking, while improving my communication overall. The work may seem hard, but it pays off, you will feel like you can do anything after your experienced. Dealing with the holiday crowd can be nightmare, but it increase your life skills and how to deal with stress. You might not never know, some areas of QSFB are ok and some are not. Also, with QSFB, you get a higher pay than the other roles. I was like you when I first applied to CP for fall adv. I would pick anything to work at disney. You have realized that you are going to be at disney for 5 or 7 months and need to pick a role you enjoy, nothing is worse than spending 5 or 7 months in a role that you dont really care for. So for everyone who is just putting down anything to get into disney, carefully think about your decisions, because you will be spending a few months in that role. Just a little FYI for anyone applying. Due to medical condition I had to transfer out of QSFB and into merchandise ( I love the experience). I was at MK on MSE for 7 months and loved every experienced I had. Just remember it is what you make of program!!!

It seems like everyone really loves Merchandising. The only reason I'm skeptical of it is because that's what I've been doing for the past year of working, and I want to expand. I don't want to be trapped in retail forever. However, Disney "retail" sounds like fun, so it'll probably be in my top three.

P.S.: 19 DAYS!!!!!

That sounds so close! I remember when I used to countdown days until school ended, and it just seemed to go quickly after 20!

What are you doing to prepare for the interview?

What are you doing to prepare for the interview?

I myself have a HUGE Pages (basically a Mac version of Word) document that has pretty much ALL the questions that I have found on the net with my ideas for answers just so I can think about what to say ahead of time, as well as my role check list, and actually I've tried answering the home phone myself more often so I get used to it's volume level as opposed to my cell phone since the recruiter will most likely call the home phone :rotfl2:

I myself have a HUGE Pages (basically a Mac version of Word) document that has pretty much ALL the questions that I have found on the net with my ideas for answers just so I can think about what to say ahead of time, as well as my role check list, and actually I've tried answering the home phone myself more often so I get used to it's volume level as opposed to my cell phone since the recruiter will most likely call the home phone :rotfl2:

I plan to do the preparing questions too! I've just been waiting until I get done with school stuff, and then I'll be in full Disney mode!

Ha, I love your phone idea! Yes, I should probably get used to my house phone too. I never use it because well, nobody calls me on it. So I use it for maybe a minute or two out of the day. I'm just more used to- and more comfortable with- my cell phone. Plus house phones can actually be really crappy sometimes and have volume issues and, uh, working issues, so I might try to see if i can use my cell phone during the interview. I trust it more.

Knock on wood.

I myself have a HUGE Pages (basically a Mac version of Word) document that has pretty much ALL the questions that I have found on the net with my ideas for answers just so I can think about what to say ahead of time

omg. me too. ha. I thought I was the only one. ha.

so not to copy y'alls ideas, well actually i am, is there any way that you could post the questions? or tell me where to look online for them? lol i need to start preparing :)
andddddd so y'all are all doing the e-presentation,
i am, just because i have NO idea when they are coming,

ohhh and one more (i swear)
how many classes are you planning on taking?
i was thinking four, but thats just because in order to be considered full time at my school i need to have 12 hours, so that would equal 4 classes (3 hours per class) but would that be too much?

so not to copy y'alls ideas, well actually i am, is there any way that you could post the questions? or tell me where to look online for them? lol i need to start preparing
andddddd so y'all are all doing the e-presentation,
i am, just because i have NO idea when they are coming,
ohhh and one more (i swear)
how many classes are you planning on taking?
i was thinking four, but thats just because in order to be considered full time at my school i need to have 12 hours, so that would equal 4 classes (3 hours per class) but would that be too much?

Hey! I'm on a different computer right now (I'm on vaca at a friend's house), so I don't have my questions...but as soon as I can I'll post the questions I have for yah.

I'm doing the E-presentation. For sure. My semester starts super late this year (sept. 1) so I have no other option. I could wait but I'm not going to wait THAT long for the live presentation.

I'll probably take two courses. If you need 12 hours you could always take a few classes (like one or two) and then talk to your college adviser about getting credit hours for your actual work. Like, for me...I could graduate in December but I am three classes away from a media studies minor. So, I'm thinking about getting credit for my two classes that I'm taking during the cp as substitution for two of the three classes I need at my college and then count my actual working experience as internship credit for my third class (they all match up pretty close to the classes I need, so it works out). Know what I mean? Like...to get 12 hours, you could have two options....
Option 1:take three classes at 3 hours each and then make your actual job count for another 3 hours as internship course.
Option 2: (my school has this, so I'm going off of that) Take two courses at 3 hours each and then take your job and count it as an independent study course. At my school, an independent study course is a class that is either one on one with a professor and yourself or you sit in on a class, like a regular student, but you and the professor design your syllabus to match your needs. Independent Study courses, at my college, can be worth the amount of credit that you choose. So if you need 12 credits, you could take two for 6 hours and then make your work with 6 hours.

Those options fit in with my school's guidelines...so check with your school and see what they offer or suggest something like this to your adviser and they may work with you to work something like this out if it isn't always offered to students. To use my college as an example, again, they don't always allow for credit, you have to work it out yourself and purpose an idea and that's what I did. I worked out those options and took it to my advisers and told them that was what I wanted to do and we worked from there. So, don't be afraid to suggest things, either.

You want to have fun while your down there...so taking that many classes may be overwhelming. I understand needing to be a full time student but you may want to make sure that you don't have any other options (in terms of taking 12 hours) that won't make you feel so overwhelmed. From what I hear you will be working like CRAZY. and some of the courses require homework and tests and presentations (from what I gather). For me, I would be over worked if I was working as much as it sounds like we will be working and taking four classes. If nothing else, see if you can take a few classes online. Those are always a little less stressful.

Hey! I'm on a different computer right now (I'm on vaca at a friend's house), so I don't have my questions...but as soon as I can I'll post the questions I have for yah.

I'm doing the E-presentation. For sure. My semester starts super late this year (sept. 1) so I have no other option. I could wait but I'm not going to wait THAT long for the live presentation.

I'll probably take two courses. If you need 12 hours you could always take a few classes (like one or two) and then talk to your college adviser about getting credit hours for your actual work. Like, for me...I could graduate in December but I am three classes away from a media studies minor. So, I'm thinking about getting credit for my two classes that I'm taking during the cp as substitution for two of the three classes I need at my college and then count my actual working experience as internship credit for my third class (they all match up pretty close to the classes I need, so it works out). Know what I mean? Like...to get 12 hours, you could have two options....
Option 1:take three classes at 3 hours each and then make your actual job count for another 3 hours as internship course.
Option 2: (my school has this, so I'm going off of that) Take two courses at 3 hours each and then take your job and count it as an independent study course. At my school, an independent study course is a class that is either one on one with a professor and yourself or you sit in on a class, like a regular student, but you and the professor design your syllabus to match your needs. Independent Study courses, at my college, can be worth the amount of credit that you choose. So if you need 12 credits, you could take two for 6 hours and then make your work with 6 hours.

Those options fit in with my school's guidelines...so check with your school and see what they offer or suggest something like this to your adviser and they may work with you to work something like this out if it isn't always offered to students. To use my college as an example, again, they don't always allow for credit, you have to work it out yourself and purpose an idea and that's what I did. I worked out those options and took it to my advisers and told them that was what I wanted to do and we worked from there. So, don't be afraid to suggest things, either.

You want to have fun while your down there...so taking that many classes may be overwhelming. I understand needing to be a full time student but you may want to make sure that you don't have any other options (in terms of taking 12 hours) that won't make you feel so overwhelmed. From what I hear you will be working like CRAZY. and some of the courses require homework and tests and presentations (from what I gather). For me, I would be over worked if I was working as much as it sounds like we will be working and taking four classes. If nothing else, see if you can take a few classes online. Those are always a little less stressful.

thanks so much! yeah i'm waiting to hear back from my advisor about what classes will transfer, and if anything just take like two, i don't think the college has a problem with me only taking 6 hours, but my parents insurance won't cover me unless i'm a full time student (says my dad). but he says he hasn't gotten any kinds of calls from them asking for proof of my schooling and whatnot, so i'm hoping i can get away with only taking 6 hours, as long as i dont hurt myself while i'm on the program, lol.

:)

and 17 daysssss
gah!

IT'S OFFICIALLY AUGUST!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

Oh, and I just finished my essay! Unless she trashes my rough draft, and I have to do a ton of editing (actually, that is likely to happen *sigh*), I'm basically DONE with school aside from a psych. quiz so...

IT'S DISNEY TIME!!

:D

IT'S OFFICIALLY AUGUST!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!

Oh, and I just finished my essay! Unless she trashes my rough draft, and I have to do a ton of editing (actually, that is likely to happen *sigh*), I'm basically DONE with school aside from a psych. quiz so...

IT'S DISNEY TIME!!

Woohoo!!! and congrats!

thanks so much! yeah i'm waiting to hear back from my advisor about what classes will transfer, and if anything just take like two, i don't think the college has a problem with me only taking 6 hours, but my parents insurance won't cover me unless i'm a full time student (says my dad). but he says he hasn't gotten any kinds of calls from them asking for proof of my schooling and whatnot, so i'm hoping i can get away with only taking 6 hours, as long as i dont hurt myself while i'm on the program, lol.

I'm the same way. I am still under my parents insurance as long as I'm a full time student. With my parents if I get dropped from the insurance I can't get back on. So, be careful with that. You don't want to cut corners and then have your insurance randomly ask for proof and you don't have it, get dropped and be insurance-less for the remainder of your college (I'm assuming you have a little bit yet as a student). So, be careful with that. :)

I'm the same way. I am still under my parents insurance as long as I'm a full time student. With my parents if I get dropped from the insurance I can't get back on. So, be careful with that. You don't want to cut corners and then have your insurance randomly ask for proof and you don't have it, get dropped and be insurance-less for the remainder of your college (I'm assuming you have a little bit yet as a student). So, be careful with that. :)

yeah see idk if i get dropped or not for not being a full time student :/ lol so much to think about!
but i'm still excitedddddddd

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter