It's A Small World - A Never-ending Pre-trip Report

Your new trip sounds absolutely amazing! I'm so excited for you and Graham!!! The ship size does sound a bit scary, but to be on a brand new ship will be really nice. I'm glad your leave all worked out :)

Your trip sounds amazing! All those places are on my bucket list!

Jill in CO

Your trip to the Far East sounds great. A little out of my comfort zone, but I would love to hear all about it! Hopefully the larger ship won't be a problem. If the demographic is as diverse as your last cruise, it should make for a rather interesting voyage.

WOW! What a great Far East trip you have planned! Absolutely amazing.

I can't wait. This is major bucket list territory for me.

Your trip sounds amazing! All those places are on my bucket list!

Mine, too. We are both into history and architecture so we will be in our element.

Your trip to the Far East sounds great. A little out of my comfort zone, but I would love to hear all about it!

That you definitely will. I am a little worried only in the respect that everybody I know that has visited that region is now seriously addicted to it.

Hopefully the larger ship won't be a problem.

I hope so, too. I am both excited and a little apprehensive about it.

If the demographic is as diverse as your last cruise, it should make for a rather interesting voyage.

I am hoping it will be.

Corinna

That you definitely will. I am a little worried only in the respect that everybody I know that has visited that region is now seriously addicted to it.

I've avoided hitting China for that very reason. My parents have made 6 or 7 trips back to see different areas of China!

I've avoided hitting China for that very reason. My parents have made 6 or 7 trips back to see different areas of China!

I think this may well happen here as well and I also think there is the risk of this happening with Vietnam.

Corinna

Yup. A fellow Aussie Dis-ser loves Vietnam. I think she's been at least 3 or 4 times now.

My nail technician is from Vietnam and she keeps telling me I should go. Based on some photos I have seen, I tend to agree with her.

I'm up for a China trip some of these days if anyone wants to make it a group trip! ;)

I can test the waters. I would be up for this. Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneylands could very easily be combined as well with some cultural stuff. I am just saying.

Corinna

My nail technician is from Vietnam and she keeps telling me I should go. Based on some photos I have seen, I tend to agree with her.

I can test the waters. I would be up for this. Shanghai and Hong Kong Disneylands could very easily be combined as well with some cultural stuff. I am just saying.

Corinna

I'm all for it!

Jill in CO

I'm all for it!

Jill in CO

From the research I have done so far, visas are relatively easy to come buy and are not silly expensive either. They also have a pretty good network of German-built bullet trains that seem to be very cheap as well.

Corinna

Excellent! We should totally talk about this!

Corinna

I'm all for it!

Jill in CO

This sounds like great fun :)

I was hoping that I would have one trip for this year nailed down by now, but the Mouse had other ideas. I am planning to run the 5K at the inaugural Run Disney event at Disneyland Paris in September. The booking window for bib only race entries should have opened yesterday and I was very excited about this. Unfortunately on the weekend I saw that this has now been postponed until 16th February. It has been possible since November to book an entry into any of the races in conjunction with a hotel and ticket package, but the prices for this are silly expensive. Incidentally, the booking window for the packages open a month behind schedule as well. So now I have to be patient for another month.

On a more positive note, I spotted earlier that Disney has finally released an opening date for Disneyland Shanghai. This will open on 16th June. This seems very late for the previously announced spring opening, but it is in plenty of time for our trip out there. I am more than a little relieved that we now have an actual opening date.

Corinna

I am getting the distinct feeling that this year will turn out the same way as last year did in terms of trips insofar that nothing goes according to plan. I was browsing on Cruise Critic earlier and spotted spotted a post from yesterday stating that the Beijing to Singapore cruise in November that we had our heart set on is sold out. I really did not see this coming.

I am not losing heart just yet. We will have 9.5 months to go and the final payment date is still a long way in the future. I would be very surprised if something would not open up again nearer the time. If not, we have to look into plan B and I am pretty sure if it comes to it, this will involve China as well, but may be land-based.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!