Is RotR and TRON possible on the same day using $ILL?

You can purchase LL for both. Generally, getting a Board Group for Guardians is a bit easier.

My suggestion is to have a Park Pass at Epcot and immediately get a BG for Guardians at exactly 7 AM.

Then immediately after buy a LL return time for Tron sometime after the sun sets. (Since riding Tron at night is pretty cool!)
Thank you for this information! So you can purchase LL even if you don’t have a park reservation? I wasn’t sure if you could purchase a LL in the morning for the park you are hopping to in the afternoon since technically you don’t have a park reservation.

Thank you for this information! So you can purchase LL even if you don’t have a park reservation? I wasn’t sure if you could purchase a LL in the morning for the park you are hopping to in the afternoon since technically you don’t have a park reservation.
Disney likes your money. ;)

OP is staying at POP so this doesn't apply.

I was staying at Swan entered epcot around 3p...Got BP for Guardians. At 6p I got BP for Tron, EEMH. I had dinner, Guardians then monorail to MK

You can buy 2 Paid LL a day , you can also get a VQ and buy a LL for same ride. Just a heads up the Tron VQ line backs up as the day goes forward so if you’re going later in the day you may spend a hour or more waiting in line after your boarding group is called.

Last edited:
Is there a possible way to ride Guardians and Tron on the same day if you are staying at Pop Century and have park hopper passes? And if so, what is the best way to accomplish this? Am open to paying for LL
Yes you can either start in MK or EPcot and do the virtual QUe for 1 and Paid LL for other or you can start anywhere and just do the paid LL for both.

I did this a couple of weeks ago. We got a VQ boarding group for Tron at 7:00am. We park hopped to EPCOT and got in just after 2:00pm. I checked the app and there were still spots left for the Guardians VQ. I couldn't believe it. I'd imagine this doesn't happen on a busy day, but it's always possible!

I did this a couple of weeks ago. We got a VQ boarding group for Tron at 7:00am. We park hopped to EPCOT and got in just after 2:00pm. I checked the app and there were still spots left for the Guardians VQ. I couldn't believe it. I'd imagine this doesn't happen on a busy day, but it's always possible!
It definitely depends on whether it's a busy time. I was able to get a Guardians spot at 2:00 on April 16, don't think I would have been able to if I had been doing it a week earlier during Easter week craziness.

I know today is a 'medium' crowd day (6 on Touring Plans), but as of 2:30pm Eastern, GotG is sold out of ILL$. Virtual queue is 385 minutes, or six and half HOURS! TRON ILL$ is available at 4pm for $20 and Rise ILL$ is $22 for 6:40pm. Just to complete the info, Avatar is $14 for 6:20pm, and 7DMT is $11 for 5:40pm.

Posted on the other "Can I do 2 ILL$ in a day" thread, but adding it here: I know today is a 'medium' crowd day (6 on Touring Plans), but as of 2:30pm Eastern, GotG is sold out of ILL$. Virtual queue is 385 minutes, or six and half HOURS! TRON ILL$ is available at 4pm for $20 and Rise ILL$ is $22 for 6:40pm. Just to complete the info, Avatar is $14 for 6:20pm, and 7DMT is $11 for 5:40pm.

I know today is a 'medium' crowd day (6 on Touring Plans), but as of 2:30pm Eastern, GotG is sold out of ILL$. Virtual queue is 385 minutes, or six and half HOURS! TRON ILL$ is available at 4pm for $20 and Rise ILL$ is $22 for 6:40pm. Just to complete the info, Avatar is $14 for 6:20pm, and 7DMT is $11 for 5:40pm.
Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people are doing both VQ and ILL for Guardians.

Schools out for some kids and Memorial Day is coming up hence Genie+ price has gone up.

I still think it’s possible to get a VQ for Tron at 7 am and then GOTG at 2 pm after park hopping (Bg has lasted a while and CMs are flexible with return times) with park hoppers (this week, but probably not Memorial Day weekend).

Per thrill data

AC18672E-D779-4211-A94D-36E1F1E9CA95.jpeg

Last edited:
As long as you have a park hopping ticket, or non-blocked AP for that day.

Right now (3:18 pm EST) both Tron and GOTG VQs are still open

It’s raining right now and the max waits are for ROTR and Peter Pan (95 mins), SDD 85.

As long as you have a park hopping ticket, or non-blocked AP for that day.
Sorry, following up on this answer you gave earlier. We have park hoppers. So what I’m reading is I can be anywhere at 7am and buy an ILL for Tron even if I have a reservation at another park that morning?

Also, when buying an ILL so early in the morning for Tron what is the general return time? At DLR we are limited to one ILL purchase per ride per day, is that the case at WDW?

Sorry, following up on this answer you gave earlier. We have park hoppers. So what I’m reading is I can be anywhere at 7am and buy an ILL for Tron even if I have a reservation at another park that morning?

Also, when buying an ILL so early in the morning for Tron what is the general return time? At DLR we are limited to one ILL purchase per ride per day, is that the case at WDW?
I think if you buy an ILL for Tron at 7 you'll have a very good selection of return times, and you'll definitely be able to purchase it even if you have a reservation at another park as long as the return time is after 2:00. I had a MK day where I did Tron VQ at 7, right after that I booked a Guardians ILL for after park hopping, then managed to book a Tron ILL for later that night at around 7:15. That was in April when things were crazier.

I think if you buy an ILL for Tron at 7 you'll have a very good selection of return times, and you'll definitely be able to purchase it even if you have a reservation at another park as long as the return time is after 2:00. I had a MK day where I did Tron VQ at 7, right after that I booked a Guardians ILL for after park hopping, then managed to book a Tron ILL for later that night at around 7:15. That was in April when things were crazier.
Great info, thank you. This is my first time navigating a virtual queue situation so I’m learning. I’ll shoot for the free VQ option first with an afternoon return. I think I was just worried that the ILLs run out early. I like knowing I have that option if all else fails.

I just see us starting the day at Epcot/DHS most days since we are staying at YC but I didn’t want to hinder our ability to book Tron.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter