Ireland: The Emerald Isle Meets Thread

sayhello

Have Camera, Will Travel
Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Ireland with ABD.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Ireland The Emerald Isle ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Ireland ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:

Previous:

• Sep 15 - 22, 2012
    • - Moosysmom & sister
    • - sdgarre1 (Sarah)
  • Jul 2 - 9, 2013
    • - DH & HollyH & DS (26) & DD (22).
    • - Kim (kmc33), DH, DS (13)
    • - JacksGirlz & DD (15)
    • -acndis, DH, DS (5), Dad and his friend
  • Jul 13 - 20, 2013 - emesmom & DD 12
  • Jul 23 - 30, 2013 - couture1 & her 3 children (girls 10 & 9, and boy 7)
  • Aug 3 - 10, 2013 - sleevesend (Mary) & Terry (50ish) and daughter Sarah (18)
  • Sep 14 - 21, 2013
    • - carolinadj & DH
    • - Kathi (KathiL) & Louise
  • Jun 21 - 28, 2014 - tufbuf, DH & DD (13)
  • Jul 1 - 8, 2014
    • - Bobo912 & son (?)
    • - Jack'sGirl5 & DD (15)
    • - mdellutri (grandparents (72 & 70), daughter & spouse, their 4 children & spouse/significant others (26, 25, 22, 22, 13, 9), son & spouse & twins (boy/girl 14))
  • Aug 12 - 19, 2014 - BrennaM, DH, DD (17) & DD (15)
  • Jun 12 - 19, 2015 - richflour & daughter (11)
  • Jul 24 - 31, 2015 - Rapunzellover
  • Sep 5 - 12, 2015 - Cousin Orville & DW

Last edited:
My sister and I will be doing the Ireland trip 9-15 to 22nd 2012

I am hoping the prices dont go up too terribly next year because I have my heart set on going to Ireland/Scotland in 2014. I am leaning more towards Ireland because i've read some reports and it sounds AMAZING!

My DD 12yo (at time of the trip), and I will be on the 7/13/2013 trip. I can't wait. She has talked about going to Ireland since she was 5, and now I think she is old enough to appreciate it :)

My DD 12yo (at time of the trip), and I will be on the 7/13/2013 trip. I can't wait. She has talked about going to Ireland since she was 5, and now I think she is old enough to appreciate it :)
Congrats, emesmom! I've heard wonderful things about the Ireland trip!

Sayhello

I will be sure and post a trip report for you as I am on the 9-15 trip.

Thanks for adding us to the list, Sayhello!

We are looking forward to our July 2nd trip!!

I also posted this on HollyH's thread, then I found this one.

We were scheduled for our first ABD to Egypt but that was canceled this week so we are rescheduling for ABD Germany (June 21 - 29) followed by this trip to Ireland (July 2 - 9). It will be myself and my DD who will be turning 15 on July 1st. I figured that since we're paying for such an expensive flight we should make it worth our while. Planning to arrive 2 days early on June 30th so we won't be traveling on DD's birthday. Any suggestions for a teenagers birthday in Dublin?

I also posted this on HollyH's thread, then I found this one.

We were scheduled for our first ABD to Egypt but that was canceled this week so we are rescheduling for ABD Germany (June 21 - 29) followed by this trip to Ireland (July 2 - 9). It will be myself and my DD who will be turning 15 on July 1st. I figured that since we're paying for such an expensive flight we should make it worth our while. Planning to arrive 2 days early on June 30th so we won't be traveling on DD's birthday. Any suggestions for a teenagers birthday in Dublin?
Sorry your trip got cancelled, but glad you were able to plan something very awesome in its place! When were you scheduled to go to Egypt? It's really sad that it's gotten to the point where trips have to be cancelled. But what can you do?

But Germany and Ireland sounds great! Be sure & do a trip report & tell us all about it. It looks like you have some other DISers on your trip!

Sayhello

Sorry your trip got cancelled, but glad you were able to plan something very awesome in its place! When were you scheduled to go to Egypt? It's really sad that it's gotten to the point where trips have to be cancelled. But what can you do?

But Germany and Ireland sounds great! Be sure & do a trip report & tell us all about it. It looks like you have some other DISers on your trip!

Sayhello

We were scheduled for the 12/30/12 Egypt ABD. So now we don't have a holiday/New Years trip but my work is flexible so I'll cancel that vacation time to save it up for the summer. I think the disappointment over losing our plans has disintegrated since we can look forward to 2 ABD trips rather than just one. pixiedust:

Wow! How cool that we have 3 DisBoard members on the July 2nd trip.
I am looking forward to it!

Finished rebooking all of my air flights, Portland to New York, New York to Frankfurt, Munich to Dublin, Shannon to New York and New York back home to Portland. Whew! :shamrock:

I'm still looking for any suggestions on what we should visit on our pre trip day, July 1st. Since it is also my DD's 15th birthday I'm looking for something that she would enjoy. Any ideas?

There's loads to do in Dublin but a really lovely way to spend the day, weather permitting, is to take a trip to Malahide Castle:) Malahide is a pretty seaside village about 20 mins by train from Dublin. Lovely walks,great food and I think they still run tours of the actual castle buildings but its been a while since I've been!
Dublin zoo and Kilmainham Jail are also great to visit. The zoo is the 3rd oldest in europe (after England and France's zoo). Look on the Dublin tourist boards websitte for lots more ideas:) Hope you have a great trip!

The Westin Dublin concierge is just wonderful to deal with. Since we will be staying a few nights pre ABD and it will be my DD's birthday my TA sent me the concierge info to set up a birthday surprise. The concierge was so quick to email me with options. I set up a personalized Bday cake for her big day. Even more excited to visit Ireland now. :shamrock:

The Westin Dublin concierge is just wonderful to deal with. Since we will be staying a few nights pre ABD and it will be my DD's birthday my TA sent me the concierge info to set up a birthday surprise. The concierge was so quick to email me with options. I set up a personalized Bday cake for her big day. Even more excited to visit Ireland now. :shamrock:
Very cool! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

It will be me, DH, DS (5), my Dad and his friend.

We did the Greek Odyssey last summer and loved it. We are really looking forward to Ireland and glad there are so many on this board on our trip.

:cheer2:

It will be me, DH, DS (5), my Dad and his friend.

We did the Greek Odyssey last summer and loved it. We are really looking forward to Ireland and glad there are so many on this board on our trip.

:cheer2:

:welcome:

I love to hear that others have done ABD before and liked it so much they book more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!