Indianapolis DIS Meet - 3rd Annual - All Welcome

ADP

<marquee><font color=red>I'm a huggin' fool</marqu
Welcome to the 3rd annual Indianapolis Labor Day Weekend DIS Meet Thread

Hi Everyone,

Last Labor Day weekend 2009 we held our 2nd annual Indianapolis DIS meet. Approximately 80 Disney fans attended from as far as Northeast Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, Chicago, IL, and all over Indiana.

Here is the link to last year's thread and meet pictures.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2186294&highlight=indianapolis+dis+meet

The intent of the meet is to get to know other Disney enthusiasts like us and have some fun and laughs along the way. Like last year there will be no cost to attend this meet. We just ask that you bring a pitch-in item for the food table.

This meet is open to anyone willing to drive or even fly to the Indianapolis area. We'd love to have you join us. I'm hopeful to have several Hoosiers and other friends from other states join us in the Indianapolis area. If enough out-of-town guests join us we may have additional activities on the Friday night before the meet or the day after.

Please see below for meet information and details. Check this thread often for future details. We are planning an afternoon worth of fun Disney activities for kids and adults alike, prize drawings, contests and even some secret fun! :goodvibes We'll have more specific information the closer we get to Labor Day weekend.

Between now and Labor Day weekend I'll be updating this thread with meet information and attendees who will be joining us at the meet. Please post if you can attend the meet, how many guests will be joining your party including children and their ages. Even if you can't attend please post just to say hi!

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions feel free to post them here or send me a private message (PM).

Hope to see you at the meet!

Indianapolis DIS Meet Information
Date: Saturday, September 4th 2010
Time: 1:00PM - 6:00PM
Food: Pitch-In Format. Please post what you can bring so we don't duplicate dishes. Feel free to bring dishes you'd find at Disney World restaurants
Where: Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds - O.V. Winks Building

2003 Pleasant St
Noblesville, IN 46060-3627
Facility Information
http://www.hamiltoncofairgrounds.com/ovWinks.html
Directions to the Hamilton County 4-H Fairgrounds
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Noblesville&state=IN&address=2003+Pleasant+Street&zipcode=46060

Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida
The DIS is a contributor to Give Kids the World Village of Central Florida. We will be conducting a few activities during the meet where the proceeds will go to benefit this wonderful charity on behalf of the DIS.
To find out more about this wonderful organization click here.
http://www.gktw.org/
There will be some great auction items to bid on. Some of the items may draw high bids or require higher minimum bids. Please come prepared if you wish to bid on these items to benefit Give Kids the World Village.

Kids Activities: (Looking for Adult Voluntears) :)
Face Painting
Disney Animation Drawing Class
Coloring
Hula Hoop
Kidcot Fun Stop
Please post additional ideas for kids activites

Pin Trading Activities
Please feel free to bring your Disney pins for pin trading opportunities. There will be a table setup for pin displaying and trading during the meet. Whether you are a casual or serious pin trader feel free to share and trade them with your fellow Disney enthusiasts.

Prizes
Like last year prizes will be awarded at the top of each hour. You must be present to win.

Attending the meet so far:
ADP - Aaron (ADP), Kim & Anna (10) - All paper products & beverages
Jason (aaronmckie) and Shanan (A.Mickey), Aaron & Nana - Ultimate Choco Chip Cookies
Sooze, DH (Matt), DS (Tyson-10), DD (Shaelyn-4)
mdvlprof - Jennifer, Paul, Cedric & Kyla - oatmeal, choc chips, raisins, coconut, molasses cookies
Miss Monorail 1971 - Konni
belle8306 - Shelley & Tim
GoofyJediMaster & Fairygodmotherjen & 3 Kids 9, 6, & 2 - Mickey Krispie Treats
insoin - Scott
scarlett873 - Brandie
crazydisneyman - Chris, Kim, Ginny, Abby, Jenny, David
maiziezoe - Ann, Tom, McKenzie, Logan, Piper
Dodie - Dodie & Phillip - candy mix & side dish
disneyplanner76 - DH, DD5 & DD7
jiminy.cricket
jennz - Jennifer, Andy & Sarah
Dan Murphy
TDS373X - Julie & DD Erin (10)
Disneypirate85 - Shawn & Heather - Chicken
DisneySunflower - Dannee, DH, DD (13), DD (9) and DS (5) - Veggie Pasta Salad
Webmasterwill
stitch09 - Megan
mickeysbutler - Shawna, Shelby, Logan (13) & Lucy (7) - Homemade Mac & Cheese
shellynn24 - Shelly, Nachito DS (8), Leila DD (6) & Karina DD (3)
Dizney_Mike - Mike
wesmom - Michelle & DS4 - Chili
MikeofRose&Mike - Rose & Mike - Vegetable and Hummus tray
smjj - smjj, DW & Brother - Chicken and Potato Salad
Luv2Camp - Katrina & Tony - BBQ Pulled Pork & Texas Sheet Cake
DVCSince02 - Jen - Baked Ziti
halliesmommy01 - Becky
chickie - Jackie, Jeff & Millie (11)
Shellyminnie - Shelly
Tonya2426 - Tonya
Katscradle - Katherine & John
KristEn87 - Kristen, Evan, Mom & Dad - Puppy Chow:laughing:
kimisabella - Andrea
erin327 - Erin, Bob, Madelyn & Hannah - Chips & Popcorn

Total Number Attending - 93

I also wanted to let any of you Indy area WISHers that we have a WISH meet on Friday May 7th. There is a group of us coming into town for the 500 Festival Mini Marathon and we will be getting together at The Old Spaghetti Factory on S. Meridian.

They don't take reservations and open at 5:00 that day so I am going to get there to put in our names and try to get a 6:00 seating. If anyone is interested, even if you are not doing the marathon, come buy this thread and introduce yourself and let us know you will be there. I am keeping a running count on post #133 of the linked thread.

Count us in again!! :woohoo:

Jason (aaronmckie) and Shanan (A.Mickey)!
Not sure if we're bringing our son Aaron just yet (or what we're bringing).

Labor Day seems so far away... but it'll be here before we know it!

Please count my family and me in!

Me (Sooze), DH (Matt), DS (Tyson-10), DD (Shaelyn-4)

I'll get back to you on the food!

Are we finally official??:cool1:

Count us in.

Depends who comes with me - maybe 2, maybe 4.

Will probably bring some kind of cookies, since they travel well.

What is a WISHer just wondering?

I was thinking about coming to the Indy dis meet but don't really know anyone. Would it be kinda akward?

I was thinking about coming to the Indy dis meet but don't really know anyone. Would it be kinda akward?

It won't be awkward at all, you definitely should go! :)

I did my first DIS meet almost two years ago and I've gone on to make some friends that have become my best friends... you never know!
From what I've seen (and me and my wife included), DISers are among the friendliest people you will ever meet.

I'll bet you a mickey bar that if you go you wont regret it :flower3:

It won't be awkward at all, you definitely should go! :)

I did my first DIS meet almost two years ago and I've gone on to make some friends that have become my best friends... you never know!
From what I've seen (and me and my wife included), DISers are among the friendliest people you will ever meet.

I'll bet you a mickey bar that if you go you wont regret it :flower3:

You should definately come. It's really a fun day. The event is totally free, and who knows, you may leave with a fabulous prize. :) If anything else you'll get a chance to meet a lot of other DISers just like you.

The Indy Meet was my First Large Dis Gathering last year. I had a great time. Just don't be shy about meeting people and you will have a great time.

You know I think I will try to come. My family aren't DISers but the all love Disney so maybe I can talk them all in to coming.
It does sound like fun!

You can count us in too! We have been to the first two and we have always had a great time. Thanks for doing this again Aaron!:goodvibes

Shelley and Tim

Count the Incredible 5 (2 adults and 3 kids)of us in. My wife's screen name is FairyGodmotherJen. We've been to the first two and they haven't "uninvited" us yet! :rotfl2:

I will make Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispie treats again. They seemed to go over well. I may dip some in chocolate and some sprinkles in honor of Goofy's Candy Company. I can also dip a couple in some other things if anyone has a request. Looking forward to it! Thanks again Aaron!

You can count us in too! We have been to the first two and we have always had a great time. Thanks for doing this again Aaron!:goodvibes

Shelley and Tim

Count the Incredible 5 (2 adults and 3 kids)of us in. My wife's screen name is FairyGodmotherJen. We've been to the first two and they haven't "uninvited" us yet! :rotfl2:

I will make Mickey Mouse shaped rice krispie treats again. They seemed to go over well. I may dip some in chocolate and some sprinkles in honor of Goofy's Candy Company. I can also dip a couple in some other things if anyone has a request. Looking forward to it! Thanks again Aaron!

Hey Gang! Glad to see you are coming. See ya soon. :)

Thanks for organizing this, Aaron! I regretted not going in 2008 and was on vacation in 2009 - so I hope to be able to join you in 2010! I just wrote it on my calendar.

Hey Aaron, I'll be there this year. Not sure what to bring yet. Maybe the Queso again. I'll have to think about it. So far just me coming...

Scott

Me! Me! Me!

Well...and Matthew too...

And can you guess what I'll be bringing????

:cake:

Me! Me! Me!

Well...and Matthew too...

And can you guess what I'll be bringing????

:cake:
:cheer2: Woo!!!

Can you do us a favor B....Can you either put 3 candles on the cake for the 3rd annual meet, or put your age in candles? You know...Since it's near your Birthday. ;)

Wow, that looks like fun! :cool1:

Middle daughter wants to go, but I suspect she hasn't realized it'd mean she misses ballet that day. Guess I need to try to find out when Nutcracker rehearsals start before we decide. Last year rehearsals started before try outs were over. :confused3

They start rehearsals that early?? Don't start until Oct down here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter