Indianapolis DIS Meet - 3rd Annual - All Welcome

I had a great time at the meet! I wasn't able to stay very long, but it was great to put some faces to names. This was my first DIS meet and I was rather shy and intimidated as so many knew each other already so I didn't do much talking, but I'll hopefully open up a lot more on the Podcast cruise!

I had a great time at the meet! I wasn't able to stay very long, but it was great to put some faces to names. This was my first DIS meet and I was rather shy and intimidated as so many knew each other already so I didn't do much talking, but I'll hopefully open up a lot more on the Podcast cruise!
I can't remember if we spoke (I hope so :) ). I think many folks know certain people and I can certainly understand what you are saying. The reason we have the Disney scavenger hunt each year is to encourage everyone to talk to one another. It does seem to help.

We had a great time too. Thanks to all who helped organize and host the day!
Glad you enjoyed it. So many people helped. Thanks for coming. :)

Great pictures so far- hope to see some more :thumbsup2

I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't find this on the Disunplugged page though :laughing:

Great pictures so far- hope to see some more :thumbsup2

I was a bit confused as to why I couldn't find this on the Disunplugged page though :laughing:
There is a thread on the Unplugged board. Whenever I post to that thread it seems to leave page 1 rather quickly. I try and promote this meet as much as possible through the DIS, Facebook, and word of mouth. Inevitabley, there are always a few folks who wish they would have found out about the meet before it happened.

I can't remember if we spoke (I hope so :) ). I think many folks know certain people and I can certainly understand what you are saying. The reason we have the Disney scavenger hunt each year is to encourage everyone to talk to one another. It does seem to help.

I don't think I got to speak with you, but I did get to talk to your wife and she was extremely welcoming!

We were all nervous and a bit shy the first time we all met, but have developed some amazing relationships. Next time, just jump in and asked to be introduced if you are nervous about saying hello. We won't bite. :laughing:

No need to be shy anxious or even nervous we are all potential friends. Well if I didn't post last night its because I have my mom and dad in from out of town. SO lets get back to Saturday's DIS meet. If you went great but if you didn't these pictures should help as to what went on at the DIS meet and greet.

One of our joys of going to the meet was doorprizes. These were given out on the hour starting at 2 o'clock. Naturally, the kids drew the raffle ticket that was given when we entered.So here are some of the kids drawing the doorprize tickets.

Here is the first drawing by the girl who had her face painted in dalmation style.
DISMeetSept42011040.jpg

The kids found out they could draw a doorprize ticket so they lined up to do so. Several prizes were given out each hour.
DISMeetSept42011082.jpg

More drawings by the kids in attendance.
DISMeetSept42011083.jpg

This is a different drawing but you see Anna was a common theme throughout she just loved drawing those tickets.
DISMeetSept42011134.jpg

This drawing was important for one lucky lady at the first table. Here is the ticket being drawn and I will show you the winner in a bit.
DISMeetSept42011130.jpg

Now the door prizes were given out and people came up to claim their winnings. Everything from a set of Mickey's ears to stylish pens to gift cards were given out. The gift cards were in allotments of 25 dollars.

Here is one lucky winner now. He was over joyed at what he won. Sorry the picture is a bit fuzzy.
DISMeetSept42011127.jpg

Here is another lucky winner.
DISMeetSept42011045.jpg

Here they are showing the prize before the ticket was drawn.
DISMeetSept42011077.jpg

Now I swear I was supper unlucky that day in far as drawings go because they called 854271 and 854273 and 854274. Guess what number I had? You guessed it I had 854272. Oh well win some lose some. Now I mentioned a super important drawing and this one all the ladies in attendence were hoping to get. I think they would have died if it went to a man. The prize was a disney purse I forget what designer but it was the one all the ladies were vying for. This is the winner.
DISMeetSept42011132.jpg

Yes she was happy as a clam to recieve this purse. I am a guy what do I know about purses and what makes them popular.
DISMeetSept42011133.jpg

This lucky winner of a door prize is modeling his new in fashion Mickey ears.
DISMeetSept42011086.jpg

Well I have a lot of photos I could have shown on who won door prizes but I will stop here. At the end of my report I will give the url of my photobucket album and let you peruse through all of the pictures. Until then we also had a silent auction going on through out the day. Again there was a purse that a lady by the name of Heather was nervously watching. Hoping she would be the winning bidder. The auction raised quite a bit of money for those kids.

Here they are eyeing the auction that was just about to end at 5:50PM.
DISMeetSept42011141.jpg

Another fundraiser for the charity they were raising money for was t-shirt sales. Bryan went to Michaels(I believe) and grabbed a whole bunch of t-shirts for adults and kids. He then screened the DIS Meet and Greet logo on there and sold them for fifteen dollars. He about sold out but he is asking anyone who wants to buy a shirt (the money goes to the children) they can get in touch with Bryan and order one via the mail.

This is Bryan at his table.
DISMeetSept42011076.jpg

Thanks goes to everyone who pitched in for the doorprizes and those who bought t-shirts and those who bid on the prizes for the silent auction. The next report will be about mingling.

Mike,

I'm really enjoying the report and pictures. Looking forward to more. I hope you don't mind, but I'm uploading some of them to our Indy Disney Meet Facebook page.

Wow. I was excited, wasn't I? :rolleyes1

That was me. I won the "grand prize" of the door prizes (at least it was by the standard of many ladies in attendance). It was a Dooney & Bourke Disney wristlet in the original white Sketch pattern. I already owned the black one with the colorful Mickeys, but not this one. :woohoo:

Wow. I was excited, wasn't I? :rolleyes1

That was me. I won the "grand prize" of the door prizes (at least it was by the standard of many ladies in attendance). It was a Dooney & Bourke Disney wristlet in the original white Sketch pattern. I already owned the black one with the colorful Mickeys, but not this one. :woohoo:

:thumbsup2

Oh booo, I cant belive I missed this!!!! I live on the southside on Indy and would have loved to gone.. Please add me to the list for next year!

So I'm not the only one wondering.

Our fearless leader ADP jusr got back from vacay, so I'll be a little patient.

Will there be a 4th??? :cool1::woohoo:

So I'm not the only one wondering.

Our fearless leader ADP jusr got back from vacay, so I'll be a little patient.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting.

Jennifer - Sorry I haven't responded to your PM.

We're planning on having the 4th Annual meet this year. I'm getting ready to secure the space, but I'm considering having it at another venue. I'm trying to forcast and figure out what the attendence will be like this year. I really liked the space we had the last 2 years, but I don't want to get something so big and only 30 or 40 people show up. Getting the word out about the meet is challenging so if you can spread the word; especially to Disney fans in your area that would be a big help.

The meet will take place on Saturday, September 3rd over Labor Day weekend. I hope you and your families can make it.

More to come very soon! :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting.

Jennifer - Sorry I haven't responded to your PM.

We're planning on having the 4th Annual meet this year. I'm getting ready to secure the space, but I'm considering having it at another venue. I'm trying to forcast and figure out what the attendence will be like this year. I really liked the space we had the last 2 years, but I don't want to get something so big and only 30 or 40 people show up. Getting the word out about the meet is challenging so if you can spread the word; especially to Disney fans in your area that would be a big help.

The meet will take place on Saturday, September 3rd over Labor Day weekend. I hope you and your families can make it.

More to come very soon! :)

Saturday, great I can come that day. Working Sundays and this will be wonderful. We will be leaving on the 16th for the DVC Member's Cruise on the Disney Dream. Are there any other DVC members going to the DIS meet??...smjj

Count us in! Our trip is the first week of October, so this will be a wonderful way to get us in the vacation mood! It will just be my daughter and I (DH works on Saturdays). We will bring some Buffalo Chicken dip and tortilla chips, and probably som dessert. So excited!

Count us in! Our trip is the first week of October, so this will be a wonderful way to get us in the vacation mood! It will just be my daughter and I (DH works on Saturdays). We will bring some Buffalo Chicken dip and tortilla chips, and probably som dessert. So excited!
Hi Amber - I'm going to post your message over on the 4th Annual Meet thread. This was the thread from last year. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter