Incentives

Mary Ramos

Earning My Ears
I'm wondering how Disney releases incentives for direct sales. I know there is a promotion running now that will expire on August 4th. Do you all expect another incentive to be rolled out once the current one expires? Are there pretty much always incentives available or only occasionally? Do they vary in value? The current incentive sounds like a good deal but I don't want to feel pressured by it if another one will be coming down the road. But I also don't want to miss out if there isn't!

If are interested in buying, what you can do is buy very close to the end of the current incentives and if a better one comes out you have a 10 day recision period on any timeshare purchases in FL. So if you buy on august 1st and the price goes down an extra $2 per point on August 5th you can tell your guide you want to back out on the old sale and buy it at the new price, but you only have the 10 day window.

I feel like there's always a promotion that lasts 3-6 months at a clip, but they do vary in terms of how good of a value they are. Last summer was an awesome one, but we couldn't swing it and got the early winter one.

If you know you want to buy, do so just before the current promotion ends. If the new one is better, just ask to have that one apply. If it is not, then you are locked in.

By law, you have 10 days from the time you sign the papers to withdraw.

It will be interesting to see what incentives are offered in the next batch. RIV is selling, but not at a great pace. May was 61k and June was 66k. Although it looks like the increased price from SSR has had the desired impact of moving sales from SSR and over to RIV (and OKW actually). Looks like RIV is about 31% sold, but at 66k points per month it will be about 68 months +/- till it fully sells out. The question is what does Disney envision over the next few years for direct sales. We know VGF is coming, but only 2M points. It's possible Disney is happy with the 66k a month RIV sales since they have no other big DVC project at WDW in the pipeline.

Historically over the past 10 years DVC has sold a little over 2M points per year on average. This year they are on track for 1.6M or so. I want to say it is because of covid and lower park capacity, and maybe the July numbers will get a big bump but I would have expect to see a decent bump in June overall. Also the resale market is on fire so there is clearly a large demand for DVC, yet the direct side is muted at best.

It will be interesting to see what incentives are offered in the next batch. RIV is selling, but not at a great pace. May was 61k and June was 66k. Although it looks like the increased price from SSR has had the desired impact of moving sales from SSR and over to RIV (and OKW actually). Looks like RIV is about 31% sold, but at 66k points per month it will be about 68 months +/- till it fully sells out. The question is what does Disney envision over the next few years for direct sales. We know VGF is coming, but only 2M points. It's possible Disney is happy with the 66k a month RIV sales since they have no other big DVC project at WDW in the pipeline.

Historically over the past 10 years DVC has sold a little over 2M points per year on average. This year they are on track for 1.6M or so. I want to say it is because of covid and lower park capacity, and maybe the July numbers will get a big bump but I would have expect to see a decent bump in June overall. Also the resale market is on fire so there is clearly a large demand for DVC, yet the direct side is muted at best.
Very interesting.
I'm thinking the Direct Prices may be getting close to an invisible ceiling.
Even if Resale is not as large a discount as it was in the past, if the Direct price is not affordable a Resale purchase becomes more appealing,
even at only 10, 15, or 20 % below Direct. :confused3

Is the best incentive offered with PreSales before a new DVC opens?
Historically the absolute lowest direct price for any resort is during its presale. So if you want say VGF2, but them as soon as Disney offers them for presale.

Very interesting.
Even if Resale is not as large a discount as it was in the past, if the Direct price is not affordable a Resale purchase becomes more appealing,

Personally I would say the opposite. If 10% makes something affordable or not, then it’s not affordable either way. A narrowing gap boosts direct sales and I expect that will show in the back half of the year.

Very interesting.

Eh. Except for some small contracts used as add-on, I can't really imagine many people buying re-sale if the discount off direct is under 20%, certainly not for 10-15%. Between blue card perks and "unrestricted" points, and simply the easier nature of buying re-sale, that is all worth at least 10-15% premium.
If direct is $35,000 and re-sale was only $5,000 cheaper, at $30,000 -- $5,000 for blue card perks, including return of AP discounts (hopefully), plus use of all current and future resorts, plus getting a fully loaded contract the same day you sign the contract.

Between the newer re-sale restrictions plus some resorts hitting their 20 year window, we are really hitting a new era for re-sale.
The 2042 resorts should start to see their re-sale value decline in comparison to lengthier contracts. The direct pricing is already totally irrational on those resorts. So re-sale discounts will likely remain significantly higher than 20%.

Then you have the 2050-2060 resorts -- likely re-sale value will remain strong. But there will be a growing number of resorts where you can't use the points -- Riviera for now, next the Disneyland tower, and something else after that.

Then you'll have Riviera and anything newer, with points even more restricted. While I do believe the re-sale restrictions over overrated, they will certainly lead to more than a 20% discount off direct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!