Im having such an awful day...kinda long but need advice..

The Wizard of Oz was the best movie they could come up with for 4 year olds? Holy cow...there are at least 10 nice Disney animated movies that would have been much better. I would suggest talking to the director, so at least she has a clue and doesn't show it to another group of unsuspecting 4 year olds.

Originally posted by stitchthealmighty
I agree that it is a little too much for smaller kids but come on people, it's just a movie. All of you that have smaller children, sit them down and explain it to them and show them that everyone is OK in the end. It's only make believe. As for everyone else, time to grow up just a little. Remember, Dororthy dreamed all of it.

You can tell a child all day long th movie is 'just pretend' but as soon as bedtime comes it's a whole different thing. Kids get scared of scary things, hell, I get scared of scary things. It's very normal for a child to have a sleepless night after a frightening experience, which this obviously was. The director was wrong to show thta movie to children that young, and I don't think I need to grow up.

I am a pre-school director and I have to agree it was a questionable choice.

I, personally, love The Wizard of OZ, but until I was 7 or 8 I could not makeit through the part with the flying monkeys without screaming and closing my eyes and putting my fingers in my ears.

Even as an adult, I have had nightmares about them.

I do not have a problem with videos once in a while, but what's wrong with Sesame Street or Dora the Explorer?

Well, my name is Dorothy and those monkeys STILL freak me out. That and "Surrender Dorothy" written in the sky.

I'd definitely let my feeling be known. Poor kid. Trapped there in school. When DD was younger she went to a sleepover at the library. They told ghost stories and she was freaked out and too embarrassed to say anything. She was about 8.

I love the movie now, but I remember being scared to death of those monkeys as a child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter