I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

RoseGold

DIS Veteran
I'm at VGF2 right now! The room is just stunning. Everything is obviously new. The hallways smells like paint and there's construction equipment in front, so I had to go in the side.

The laundry room is on the first floor right off the lobby. There are USB C plugs in the wall, which I've only seen once at a very fancy hotel. At least one of them doesn't work. The rug is just beautiful. The velvet headboards. The chair cushion has custom embroidery. The lighting is gorgeous. Sconces, a lamp, and automatic reading lamps and spotlights over the beds. There's an old school, manual privacy lock that flips out in front of the door. Keurig with tons of pods, 8 WDW coffee, 1 green tea, 1 breakfast tea. No decaf.

The sleeper sofa is NEAT, like nothing I've ever seen and seems as comfortable as the Poly murphy -- to be fair, I don't consider any Disney beds great. There is a room service menu. There is a price list for extra housekeeping. This would easily fit four scooters. There's a beautiful baseboard that I think will have scooter marks pretty quick. The dresser is massive and the closet is well situated with shelves too, way better storage situation than Poly. Luggage would fit under the beds or in closet. Bathroom is the correct size, as opposed to Poly. I'm not in an accessible room, this would be tough with a chair or mobility issues, no turning radius and really nothing to grab on to. There's a pocket door and a step in shower tub.

I can hear every word of every hallway conversation, I'm not far off the lobby, so decent amount of traffic. I can hear someone walking around with a bunch of keys or something. I have a ground floor, so there are ten landscaping guys right outside my room. There's construction work on this building and another GF building, and it's loud (mid day). The TV is mounted in a big wood frame thing. It's not centered. A piece of my sink stopper is missing. It looks like I have a panel in my closet missing, and there needs be caulk in a few places LOL. I assume those things will be fixed.

And, the moment you've all been waiting for. There's a microwave.

Last edited:
Where did you check in? At the GF Main Lobby or VGF Lobby?

Where did they tell you to park, assuming you drove.

Is the sliding door in the bathroom painted glass or is it wooden for privacy so someone can be at the sink while someone showers?

There's a double sink (huge) and then a pocket door separating the toilet and shower. The pocket door is wood, but painted to look like windows. It's large and fairly heavy. There's a lighter pocket door to the whole bathroom. This one is also painted to look like windows. The detail paint is not perfect. I would have the builder touch this up, if this were my new home. I assume this will be touched up. The shower door is clear.

Shower is one of the best I have had at Disney. The whole bathroom is gold/brass hardware, except the drying rack. I can see this looking dated quickly. The beautiful, huge track for the doors on top of the tub already has marks from water, this will be a nightmare to clean.

I used my phone with the mobile check in. There was a person at the desk in the lobby at VGF2.

Didn't park, but I would assume same parking situation as VGF1.
We are still here 9 days later (3 more to go). We've had our car in both the Villas lot and the main lot.

We had done mobile check in but the rooms weren't ready super "early" on our check-in day as they were still waiting for them to be released. The main lobby check-in was not helpful. The VGF1 check-in was and got our room assignment changed so we got in around noon. Point being to the person that asked, I think you could check-in in either the main DVC building or the main lobby, but you will probably get CMs who will try a bit harder to be helpful in the DVC building.

This construction is loud. They're working on this building on the outside, and also the building next door. Tons of people everywhere. This might be a problem for planned nap time tomorrow.

Noise update. I've been in here a few hours on calls, and now I'm actually freaked out everyone can hear my calls. I can hear the housekeepers talking next door. Someone keeps losing their Apple devices and used the sound to find your phone from your watch multiple times. This is not the loudest sound, quieter than a real ring tone and it legit sounds like it's in my room and I keep checking all my devices. They also did the Apple Tag sound, even quieter, and I kept checking my devices. I had to put them on the desk/vanity so I could keep working and not check my devices.

Also, buddy, how do you keep losing your stuff in a room this small?

I have a noise machine in my owner's locker, but yikes. Looks like this is Poly level noise, which is not good. Hope I have good neighbors! And I hope they aren't drinking around the world and keep losing their stuff all night.

Edit: Oh no. The other neighbor's calls are not going as well as mine. I can hear every word. OK, so they are a little loud, but not yelling or anything. Wow. I guess all the rumors are true.

Last edited:
Ok so turns out the guy in the lobby is just a salesman. Walked all the way over to VGF1, further than it looks. They weren’t able to adjust the rooms.

So. Now I am what I have said multiple times on this board would never happen. Not connecting studios.

Sorry about it.
Wow, I don't think I have every heard of that at the Poly from anyone on Disboards. Might have to talk to the front desk to see if they can fix it. Hope it goes well.

Ok so turns out the guy in the lobby is just a salesman. Walked all the way over to VGF1, further than it looks. They weren’t able to adjust the rooms.

So. Now I am what I have said multiple times on this board would never happen. Not connecting studios.

Sorry about it.

Thank for sharing. I guess it means that those of us who want them should double check when we get there.

It also sounds like going to VGF to talk to those CMs is better than going to the hotel.

I mean it's not like they were helpful, but at least they understood, which I doubt the cash people could.

This is incredibly frustrating. I think I read this once at like Thanksgiving or something connecting rooms not working at Poly. This is a giant building with a ton of these studios. This should be a really simple request. It's not like I asked for a specific room or anything. I don't understand how this happened. Really disappointed.

And yea, there's no meaningful lobby here. If your lock malfunctions, you are walking to VGF1, and it's not close. There wasn't even the salesguy there when I got back.

They offered to move us to the same floor, but why would I want them on ground floor? So, yea. I guess they're on the fourth floor.

No connecting studios is really lame for this trip, but it also takes away what I thought was a main advantage of VGF2 and why I booked this in the first place and didn't even mind the ground floor staring at construction.

Last edited:
I mean it's not like they were helpful, but at least they understood, which I doubt the cash people could.

This is incredibly frustrating. I think I read this once at like Thanksgiving or something connecting rooms not working at Poly. This is a giant building with a ton of these studios. This should be a really simple request. It's not like I asked for a specific room or anything. I don't understand how this happened. Really disappointed.

And yea, there's no meaningful lobby here. If your lock malfunctions, you are walking to VGF1, and it's not close. There wasn't even the salesguy there when I got back.

They offered to move us to the same floor, but why would I want them on ground floor? So, yea. I guess they're on the fourth floor.

No connecting studios is really lame for this trip, but it also takes away what I thought was a main advantage of VGF2 and why I booked this in the first place and didn't even mind the ground floor staring at construction.
Not that it helps, but I don't think all of the rooms are really available. There were at least 2 on the 2nd floor that flooded the other night and we've seen them working on several during the day. While the request probably could have been filled if they had worked at it, I don't think they have all rooms at their disposal right now.

While the request probably could have been filled if they had worked at it, I don't think they have all rooms at their disposal right now.
I just walked away from the desk I was so frustrated and I didn't want to cry or scream or something in front of my kid. It was obviously a manager on it. She had an office in the back corner, and she was doing this.

I was more angry about the resale contract borrowed points mess, but at least that could be fixed, sort of. And yea, fixing website issues is hard and expensive. But this one, wow. I'm honestly kind of stunned. This one shouldn't have been hard at all.

Hoping that they are really nice, and everyone loves it. Hopefully it leaves the original Villas available.

It’s now 11PM. My noise machine is on. The people next to me are upset about their real estate issues, but they don’t seem to have any kids, so once this is done hopefully it’s over. I can hear them ripping up papers. I can hear doors down the hallway opening and closing and the plumbing of toilets flushing. I can hear every word from the hallway that is louder than the noise machine. I can hear what sounds like basic walking around upstairs. And grandma is 3 floors away because they couldn’t fill a basic request out of hundreds of rooms.

At least the people on the other side are asleep.

I can sleep through this, I’m ok. Heck I can sleep through worse than this. But the noise issues are worse than poly IMO. I can see why people paying $800 a night for this room weren’t impressed.

And now I’m imagining some NBA player in the 2020 bubble in this room listening to this neighbor and toilet noise, putting on his headphones and thinking about the four seasons.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear things are not going well but your writing is great. I feel like I am there. We are staying there for 2 nights in sept.

I'm also sorry to hear things aren't working out as you had hoped, but really appreciate the report, and I hope the rest of your trip is magical.

Just to confirm, you're in the new resort studio, correct?

Would love to get you're thoughts on room views... thanks!

Were the staff in the pine key lobby able to link your magic band to your room lock Or do you have to go to the main lobby for that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter