• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

Yikes! Thanks for the update on the noise. I’ve been waiting to hear whether the noise rumors were true before buying some points here. Glad I waited. I can cross VGF off my list and will go ahead and add to my RIV contract or go with AKV resale.
data point of me I found the noise at akl kidani really loud. Could hear doors slamming, people in halls and neighbors via connecting door

conversely poly I never had these issues

ive been in many a hotel where you have noise issues with very few hotels being perfect. I do as a rule always try to get rooms without connecting doors as that’s usually the the worst noise offender

We planned this trip around the late hours at Epcot and MK. We’ve been only going at night, and yea we were trying to sleep in!

The email about construction says it starts at 9AM
Yep and hmmm on the booking page under Poly they have this:

1656526945491.png
So either 9am is more of a guideline than a rule to them, or the construction crew lost their watches. That's disappointing they're not respecting the 9am thing

Last edited by a moderator:
data point of me I found the noise at akl kidani really loud. Could hear doors slamming, people in halls and neighbors via connecting door

conversely poly I never had these issues

ive been in many a hotel where you have noise issues with very few hotels being perfect. I do as a rule always try to get rooms without connecting doors as that’s usually the the worst noise offender
I’ve never heard neighbors in Jambo or kidani. I’ve never heard upstairs neighbors anywhere but VGF2, I consider that pretty strange for any decent hotel. I just came from old, dated Boardwalk and it was totally quiet, maybe because we were our own lock off LOL. And we were kind of in a corner so maybe that helped. I think Boardwalk has better hall noise because of the terrible elevator situation, everyone without wheels just enters through the closest staircase and the noise is there.

At poly, you can hear conversations next door. You can make out every word if they’re a little loud. And you can hear anything louder than that. Phone alarms, loud TV, yelling…

Do you think you will ever pick vgf2 again with the noise issues? Trying to decide if I even want to take the risk of staying there.
I was booked here for two nights on my next trip and just put in a waitlist for poly instead.

If nothing else, I can’t risk the connecting part not working. The room itself is lovely and the mattresses are finally good quality. I’m a pretty good sleeper and I can sleep through a pretty noisy room, but this is a lot. I can hear coughing in the connecting room and people walking upstairs. Bad neighbors could really be bad.

The whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth for this trip. No one should be in this room and they know it. If the APs don’t stay, I might be out altogether.

3PM. My neighbors are now conducting what I assume is a very loud Zoom call, I can hear both sides, and the building next door is using at least three kinds of heavy construction equipment and it sounds like they have some saws going now. The person upstairs is moving luggage around, and i can hear them walk to the bathroom and flush the toilet. Somehow my kid is sleeping through this. Wow.

I am going to be exhausted, but I think is going to work. I can go to Wednesday late hours and never stay in this building again.

Last edited:
long long ago we stayed in a Pine Key unit, on the 2nd floor off the lobby area. It was noisey then. We were not impressed with the MARQUEE resort that the GF was suppose to be. Apparently they did nothing to add any sound proofing. Just one more reason to never return to the GF.

You can request it for the resort studio. Its just not standard. Now, there would be a risk if they are all out....but I would think if they keep running out, then hopefully, they become standard.
It's on the page in the closet of what you can request that you can't request a toaster for the resort studios (not available in resort studios). I have no desire to interact with another human in this hotel, or I might try it.

You also can't request an iron or ironing board.

It's on the page in the closet of what you can request that you can't request a toaster for the resort studios (not available in resort studios). I have no desire to interact with another human in this hotel, or I might try it.

People have requested and got them though so maybe it’s discouraged? That will be a big deal for me for stays more than one night..

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience here. Ours has been pretty much the complete opposite. We are on the 3rd floor. We've had one bad night (out of 9 so far) with loud neighbors (teenagers in the hallway). We have had several sets of neighbors during the nights Other than that it doesn't seem any louder than other resorts we have stayed at.

The construction is loud, but we also get up at 5:30 each morning so it doesn't disturb our sleep.

We've been on the boat several times and have never had to wait long at all and never crowded whatsoever.

We've had a wonderful stay and are hoping to book it again soon -- actually kicking myself for giving up a lagoon view the week before Christmas in favor of a BW View @ BWV.

The point of this is just to offer a differing viewpoint. Hopefully others will have better stays....actually maybe I hope they won't so there will be more availability for us :-)

Hope you enjoy extended evening tonight. We'll be there as well.

I'm sorry you are having such a bad experience here. Ours has been pretty much the complete opposite. We are on the 3rd floor. We've had one bad night (out of 9 so far) with loud neighbors (teenagers in the hallway). We have had several sets of neighbors during the nights Other than that it doesn't seem any louder than other resorts we have stayed at.

The construction is loud, but we also get up at 5:30 each morning so it doesn't disturb our sleep.

We've been on the boat several times and have never had to wait long at all and never crowded whatsoever.

We've had a wonderful stay and are hoping to book it again soon -- actually kicking myself for giving up a lagoon view the week before Christmas in favor of a BW View @ BWV.

The point of this is just to offer a differing viewpoint. Hopefully others will have better stays....actually maybe I hope they won't so there will be more availability for us :-)

Hope you enjoy extended evening tonight. We'll be there as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Can you hear the people/toilet upstairs? Is your TV centered? The TV makes my eye twitch when I look at it.
I can't hear people walking upstairs, but if there is something dropped on the floor it is certainly audible. We can also hear the water running when toilets flushing or showers are running. I guess over the course of a week+ we got used to it though.

The TV is centered.

I’ve never heard neighbors in Jambo or kidani. I’ve never heard upstairs neighbors anywhere but VGF2, I consider that pretty strange for any decent hotel. I just came from old, dated Boardwalk and it was totally quiet, maybe because we were our own lock off LOL.

Completely agree just never been in VG2. Been in tons of hotels (not as many in the past 2 years since covid) but basically have never had noise issues except where people are literally throwing a party.

No iron or ironing board? Really?????

Are these resort studios less points than the original villas?

yeah, if we ever stay there over FGF1 we'll just by a $10 or $15 toaster when we stop for groceries. As for the noise, all Grand buildings have always had paper thin walls so this is nothing new. We have issues at many WDW Deluxe Resorts, except for the Contemp and Poly, likely because of the how they were build in a modular manner and not made with drywall etc. BLT is surprisingly quiet too.

yeah, if we ever stay there over FGF1 we'll just by a $10 or $15 toaster when we stop for groceries. As for the noise, all Grand buildings have always had paper thin walls so this is nothing new. We have issues at many WDW Deluxe Resorts, except for the Contemp and Poly, likely because of the how they were build in a modular manner and not made with drywall etc. BLT is surprisingly quiet too.
With all the different resorts in my signature, I can not really ever remember any major noise issues at any of them. This baffles me about the GF.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter