• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I'm at VGF2 now! Ask me!

We just returned from a trip where we stayed two nights at VGF2 in a standard resort studio over the 4th of July. We stayed in a renovated standard studio at VGF1 so had a recent comparison. Our preference was the VGF2 studio although it was by a very slim margin. My family enjoyed being close to the courtyard pool, the main building, quick service, boat dock, etc. having two bathroom sinks. We were on the 4th floor with a cathedral ceiling. Did not have a conjoining room or anyone above us so we lucked out with room noise most likely being below normal. We were right across from the construction but that seemed louder during the early afternoon vs the morning. The room was bright and our family loves Marry Poppins. My 12 year old daughter said the bed in the couch was much more comfortable than the ones that pull out from the cabinet. Lots of space for luggage under both of the beds. Bathroom was well done and although you give up the extra shower, the bigger vanity with two sinks is also a plus. Our conclusion is that we love the resort and although we liked the new studios a tad better we were equally as happy in the VGF1 studios. We concluded we just love VGF and everything it has to offer. Having more studio options to stay there is the real plus of VGF2 for our family of 5.

Disney has no shame in not letting guest know about the construction prior to their stay. But that is where Disney is at now.

Disney has no shame in not letting guest know about the construction prior to their stay. But that is where Disney is at now.

They did send out emails though. Obviously people got missed. But I got one for every trip I have booked there right now..and I have 5 booked all the way up to March 2023.

That is why I wrongly assumed all must have been notified.

There is a prominent message on the DVC booking page and other VGF resort info pages. It’s not always practical to have this information posted 11 months ahead when members are making reservations. But in the case of the Resort Studios, it has been there since well before reservations opened.

49DC46B0-61DC-4ABA-99D9-9E3C9DBEE1E8.jpeg

We just returned from a 2 night stay this weekend. I thought it was weird that they gave us real mugs and glasses in the room but no paper towels or sponges and dish soap to clean them. Our room was missing the mirror over the desk where the hairdryer is kept ( I have seen it in room tour videos) and the only garbage pails in our room were in the bathroom which was a bit annoying.
Our room was on the 4th floor directly across from the construction. I called to inquire about start time and was told work started at 9 am but that was not true...workers were working at 7:30. It wasn't the biggest deal since we were up to get a virtual queue spot at 7 but I didn't appreciate the misinformation about the start time.
Another thing I noticed that I thought was crazy was our first morning leaving to go to the park ( I believe it was around 8:30am) we stepped off the elevator into the lobby and heard what sounded like loud drilling or something...turns out it was a worker with a leaf blower blowing the floors!!! He came from one hallway to the lobby and continued to blow the whole lobby floor! I couldn't believe it! It was so loud...I couldn't believe someone decided this was a good idea!!
I felt the couch was the most comfortable couch I have experienced in a DVC villas to sit on but hated that it was not facing the TV.
I did think the rooms were very pretty!

ow the 4th floor directly across from the construction. I called to inquire about start time and was told work started at 9 am but that was not true...workers were working at 7:30. It wasn't the biggest deal since we were up to get a virtual queue spot at 7 but I didn't appreciate the misinformation about the start time.
Another thing I noticed that I thought was crazy was our first morning leaving to go to the park ( I believe it was around 8:30am) we stepped off the elevator into the lobby and heard what sounded like loud drilling or something...turns out it was a worker with a leaf blower blowing the floors!!! He came from one hallway to the lobby and continued to blow the whole lobby floor! I couldn't believe it! It was so loud...I couldn't believe someone decided this was a good idea!!
I felt the couch was the most comfortable couch I have experienced in a DVC villas to sit on but hated that it was not facing the TV.
I did think the rooms were very pretty!
Wow, that is crazy! They are annoying enough outside everywhere, though often workers will temporarily turn off when pedestrians go by. Don't know how they could do that inside, the noise must echo as well. Would think it would be an OSHA issue for employees in the lobby.

turns out it was a worker with a leaf blower blowing the floors!!! He came from one hallway to the lobby and continued to blow the whole lobby floor! I couldn't believe it! It was so loud...I couldn't believe someone decided this was a good idea!!
In no world is that an ok idea. It’s downright stupid (& I don’t use that word lightly). I am shocked!! 😳 That is SO VERY disappointing! I’m not usually one to complain to management, nor am I a “luxury hotels would never do xxxx” … but witnessing that would make me do BOTH of those in a HEARTBEAT!!! Just WOW.

It was crazy...we heard the noise for a minute or so before he appeared from the hallway. It was so unbelievable that we actually looked at each other in disbelief. If we didn't see it with our own eyes we would have a hard time believing it! 🤯

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter